First let me be clear, I'm not a shareholder. I'm just a regular person that has decided on the BlackBerry phone after doing my research, feels very good about my choice, and now has an interest in seeing the company flourish. I want my chosen device to be supported over the long term.

I know, or at least think I know, that the quality of the device will speak for itself. That being said, I do feel that I could be doing something to help spread the word, so to speak.

What suggestions do people have as far as how to go about it?

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 02:08 AM
    I'm in the same boat as you! I have shown my phone to a lot of folks, from iphone lovers, android users and of course ex-BB folks. They love the features, but most people already have a negative thought of BlackBerry, either from past experience or just the news... so many are uneducated about the new BlackBerry. So the best thing I do is educate them about BlackBerry as a company and what they have done in the last 2 years to make this a happen. Trying to do that before someone loses interest is the hard part. Stick with simple terms don't get too technical.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5639363) likes this.
    03-19-13 02:34 AM
    Here in the US, the mainstream commercials really haven't hit the market yet. They are starting to show up on TV, but not everywhere yet. With the official US release this Thursday, hopefully BlackBerry will ramp up the amount of marketing to go along with stores starting to sell them.

I figure what I can do is show it off whenever I'm out. Once the commercials really get going, having a device to actually see may help.

Back when Amazon brought out the first Kindle, I wanted to get one for my wife's birthday. But since they were only available online, I was wary about buying sight unseen. Amazon had links for users to show off their Kindles locally, where potential customers could meet people who already bought one could get a chance to see one. I took advantage of the opportunity and once I saw it, I went and bought one for her.

The point being that BlackBerry needs to get the word out to as many people as possible. We can be that secondary level of marketing by showing off what they have only seen on TV and other media.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 07:10 AM
    Use the phone and show it off. For example, I've seen a few videos using Video Maker on youtube, but of course note that you make it using a BB10 and how easy it was etc.\
    Hopefully it is a cool video as well.
    03-19-13 07:23 AM
    Well I do show it off using it in the break room at work, but that's pretty much the only place. With younger kids I don't get out much these days.

I would promote it more on Twitter, but just started using it and only have 6 followers (I know, very sad).

There might be something to the vid idea. I'll think on that one.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 10:45 AM
    Spread the word to friends and family, show it off in public, buy future BlackBerry devices and show that off.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    03-19-13 10:58 AM
    Same here about showing off the phone once I get it. Some BB people I know don't have a clue about the Z10 so when I see someone like that I tell them all about the new BB. I post on social media and trying to convert my Droid friend to BB. Ironically he's working on video projects for Samsung, but I still send him as much Z10 info as I can.
    03-19-13 01:23 PM
    I plan on showing it to a couple of friends that I know are not happy with their iphones.
    03-19-13 02:47 PM
    Just show it off to all your friends. That's what I plan on doing haha. Share/Retweet pictures and stuff from BlackBerry's Facebook and Twitter. Stuff like that.
    03-19-13 02:51 PM
    Download every single fu#*#ng high quality app that's in Blackberry world! I don't care if you don't look at UFC or use what's app. They are native and high quality so download it and give it 5 stars. It will show developers support and more developers will begin making apps for BB10 making it more attractive to other users.

Trust me this is the best thing someone can do!

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 06:11 PM
    Talking to friend and showing off the device is a big part!
    Twitter is also a very big part!
    Follow @getdjmac and retweet retweet retweet!!!
    Besides that just enjoy your BB10. people notice that the most!
    03-19-13 06:40 PM
    I'm pretty much doing all of the above. Sometimes I feel like I should be working for BlackBerry haha.

Posted via CB10 with my Zed 10
    03-19-13 06:57 PM
    1. Buy blackberry
    2. Buy apps, support good developers who feed the eco system
    3. Show off the features of the phone (word of mouth marketing, as budget seems a little low over at BlackBerry HQ for my liking)
    4. Don't force blackberry down people's throat, it's not for everyone, I'd rather people respect blackberry than hate it for not meeting their needs. (I respect Iphone but it doesn't meet my needs)
    5. Email companies asking them to support BB10 with an app, showing them interest in their product / service, otherwise they may think there's not enough demand / users on this platform

Posted via CB10
    ajst222 and ESCON like this.
    03-19-13 07:04 PM