I think there's a lot that BB can learn from iOS7 (not least - the importance of getting features to 100%!). At any rate, some things I'd like to see are:
    • Improved typography
    • Less severe look and feel
    • More detailed HIG
    • Focus on making the OS flow smoother

The first three items are all focused on design. I'd love to see BB and the BB dev community have the same focus on design and 'feel' that Apple has.
    06-11-13 10:50 AM
    Well. All my thoughts goes around design. As ugly as I always believed iOS to be, it is now clean and nice. Something I think BB dropped the ball on a bit. It does not feel as modern as WP or iOS in its design and it's not very consistent in its design language.

That's pretty much it. For my use. Function and operating, I want it as it is.
    06-11-13 11:12 AM
    The new iOS is repulsive at best, I hate the new design. And OS 10 flows really well. What can BlackBerry real learn from Apple: you are doing things right because Apple is stealing features from you keep at it and stay one step ahead.
    Jerale Hoard and billsterjito like this.
    06-11-13 11:33 AM
    I think the real change in ios7 is the simplicity and uniformity of design.

BlackBerry needs to imitate this asap on OS updates.

Other than that I think BB10 is superior as hub and active frames and gestures trump the ios user interface.

Elegance is simple and not expensive but extremely important and blackberry needs more of it in terms of home screen icons, appearance of active frames, etc

Posted via CB10
    toneytone likes this.
    06-11-13 11:51 AM
    Agree with the op, Apple has a way of making their UI look really desirable. I'm not saying that BB 10 is not, it could just use more consistency and over all polishing.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 12:43 PM
    BlackBerry should learn that customers want what TAT show off.

they really need to stop with all the `concept` rubbish, just put it in the OS. that's what apple and google do.
    KatKatKatina likes this.
    06-11-13 12:54 PM
    That guys don't want phones that look "feminized". Lol.
    grover5 and Dave Bourque like this.
    06-11-13 01:16 PM
    That showing off cool stuff and bringing it to market (Apple) is better than showing off cool stuff and slowly or never bringing it to market (BlackBerry). We were shown so much cool stuff from TAT, even with the PlayBook, and none of it ever makes it to the phone or tablet. We heard of French Toast and Cinnamon Toast, and nothing implemented. BB10 is a great OS, but the company behind it just can't execute any aspect of the launch, the apps, the marketing, or the improvements well at all. Apple sales show how well a company can do when its customers feel that they are the top priority, and BlackBerry sales show what happens when the customers priority's take a backseat to CIO's and "Strong Carrier Relationships".
    allengeorge likes this.
    06-11-13 03:55 PM
    That showing off cool stuff and bringing it to market (Apple) is better than showing off cool stuff and slowly or never bringing it to market (BlackBerry). We were shown so much cool stuff from TAT, even with the PlayBook, and none of it ever makes it to the phone or tablet. We heard of French Toast and Cinnamon Toast, and nothing implemented. BB10 is a great OS, but the company behind it just can't execute any aspect of the launch, the apps, the marketing, or the improvements well at all. Apple sales show how well a company can do when its customers feel that they are the top priority, and BlackBerry sales show what happens when the customers priority's take a backseat to CIO's and "Strong Carrier Relationships".
    its sad but your 100% right in all of your statement.
    06-11-13 05:16 PM
    I remember that video. I was seriously hoping for more TAT impact with bb10. Not sure why BlackBerry is not using more TAT concepts in their OS. At least give me the option to download them as an app. It's things like this that set the bar. I'm sure if BlackBerry does them now they will be looked at as a follower and not a leader. Not what you want when setting up a brand new OS.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 05:58 PM
    I remember that video. I was seriously hoping for more TAT impact with bb10. Not sure why BlackBerry is not using more TAT concepts in their OS. At least give me the option to download them as an app. It's things like this that set the bar. I'm sure if BlackBerry does them now they will be looked at as a follower and not a leader. Not what you want when setting up a brand new OS.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly, remember the 3D contacts app for the PlayBook? remember the 3D media center app for the Playbook? remember the image gallery thing where the images dropped down like feathers? remember the calendar/contacts linear info demo?

the list goes on of TAT demo`s done for BB that have never been included. Apple don't do 'tech demos' they do product demo's.
    06-11-13 06:01 PM
    Exactly, remember the 3D contacts app for the PlayBook? remember the 3D media center app for the Playbook? remember the image gallery thing where the images dropped down like feathers? remember the calendar/contacts linear info demo?
    Damn. I forgot all those demos. Would have been nice to see some of those ideas in production.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 06:41 PM

the list goes on of TAT demo`s done for BB that have never been included. Apple don't do 'tech demos' they do product demo's.
    I had such high expectations after seeing those videos. All these years later and... nothing.
    06-11-13 06:57 PM