Using a cheap USB otg adaptor I can read files from a flash stick. Can't do that with iStuff AFAIK. You can with many Androids.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 07:20 PM
    Using a cheap USB otg adaptor I can read files from a flash stick. Can't do that with iStuff AFAIK. You can with many Androids.

Posted via CB10
    Sandisk and others make flash drives with lightning ports. Haven't used one though.
    02-04-16 07:41 PM
    Sandisk and others make flash drives with lightning ports. Haven't used one though.
    What I'm talking about is the ability to read any flash stick using the adaptor. When you say flash drive, do you mean that it can do the same thing, ie read any flash drive? If so, I'll look for one for our iPad.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 08:03 PM
    What I'm talking about is the ability to read any flash stick using the adaptor. When you say flash drive, do you mean that it can do the same thing, ie read any flash drive? If so, I'll look for one for our iPad.

Posted via CB10
    I believe they are made specifically for iPhone/iPad. Lightning port on one side, usb on the other. So you could move files from your computer to your iPhone or vise versa.
    02-04-16 08:08 PM
    The pkb BBs can use keyboard shortcuts, the real mark of a power user.

Posted via BB Classic via CB app
    02-04-16 08:14 PM
    That sounds useful. Who needs an internal sd card.
    02-04-16 10:13 PM
    I believe they are made specifically for iPhone/iPad. Lightning port on one side, usb on the other. So you could move files from your computer to your iPhone or vise versa.
    Thanks for the explanation. Looks like it wouldn't work for the purpose of quickly reviewing a file on a USB stick; for example, I was at a conference recently where a vendor handed out branded flash drives with a couple of files on it. I was able to view the files on my BlackBerry and my colleague's S6, but when we wanted to view the files in a larger format on the iPad, we couldn't find a quick solution.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 11:14 PM
    Thanks for the explanation. Looks like it wouldn't work for the purpose of quickly reviewing a file on a USB stick; for example, I was at a conference recently where a vendor handed out branded flash drives with a couple of files on it. I was able to view the files on my BlackBerry and my colleague's S6, but when we wanted to view the files in a larger format on the iPad, we couldn't find a quick solution.

Posted via CB10
    Depends on the file format you want to look at. I have an apple adapter that will let you plug a USB into an iPad and transfer photos for instance. I went on vacation and left the notebook at home and transferred photo files from the USB in my Sony camera to the iPad. There are really good programs for editing photos on an iPad. The photos can then be transfer from the iPad to web storage. It depends on whether the iPad has an app that can read from the adaptor though. But most figure/photo files can be read.
    02-04-16 11:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    Nope, wouldn't work for that.
    02-05-16 05:22 AM
    The pkb BBs can use keyboard shortcuts, the real mark of a power user.

Posted via BB Classic via CB app
    You just shamed all of the Z30, Z10, and Leap users into realizing they aren't power users. What a shame, many thought they were...
    MikeX74 likes this.
    02-05-16 07:26 AM
    You can't attach a PDF and a Word Doc, or Number Sheet and a Pages Doc, or a ZIP file and a PPT. presentation to the same e-mail in iOS without paying for an app. It can't be done. The way iOS handles file attachments is a massive fail for business/students.

Posted via CB10
    Thus, my answer to the OP's question is this: a BlackBerry 10 device can allow you to attach any kind of file (any!) to an email, and even allow you attach more than one kind of file, even of mixed types! It's super exciting for those of us who regularly have to do that, and it rocks that we can. iPhone can't.
    Posted via CB10
    Ummm you can do all that with the default email client on iOS, for free may I add. The idea that you cannot add attachment let alone multiple attachments on iOS is simply false.

Edit: I've added .html .css and .url attachments just to prove I can add any filetype I choose. And how easy it is to add an attachment.
    Attached Thumbnails What can a BlackBerry do, that others can't?-img_3429.jpg   What can a BlackBerry do, that others can't?-img_3430.jpg   What can a BlackBerry do, that others can't?-img_3431.jpg  
    Last edited by jallister; 02-05-16 at 12:39 PM.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    02-05-16 12:13 PM
    Ummm you can do all that with the default email client on iOS, for free may I add. The idea that you cannot add attachment let alone multiple attachments on iOS is simply false.

Edit: I've added .html .css and .url attachments just to prove I can add any filetype I choose. And how easy it is to add an attachment.
    You're wasting your breath. This has been covered countless times but always comes up. It's just an outdated notion that iOS can't do it. It's similar to saying "Blackberries have a terrible web browser." With BBOS devices that was true but is not with BB10 but some probably still think that.
    Last edited by donnation; 02-06-16 at 12:00 PM.
    TgeekB and MikeX74 like this.
    02-05-16 12:56 PM
    + HUB
    02-15-16 02:23 PM
    If can blink a light. Although the color changing has never been as precise as BBOS.
    02-15-16 05:30 PM
289 ... 101112