You can't attach a PDF and a Word Doc, or Number Sheet and a Pages Doc, or a ZIP file and a PPT. presentation to the same e-mail in iOS without paying for an app. It can't be done. The way iOS handles file attachments is a massive fail for business/students.

Posted via CB10
    I see your point, but I don't agree that the need to pay for an app is a failure.

Built-in functionality is fantastic, but as no mobile platform can do it all, I'd prefer the ability to customize add-ons. Some mobile platforms do a better job of providing those add-ons than others.
    06-05-15 04:06 PM
    I see your point, but I don't agree that the need to pay for an app is a failure.

Built-in functionality is fantastic, but as no mobile platform can do it all, I'd prefer the ability to customize add-ons. Some mobile platforms do a better job of providing those add-ons than others.
    Fair enough. But when someone says to me, "Apple is adequate at handling emails" I have to disagree. The lack of file manager and the need for 14+ different apps, one for each file-type I use, is a failure of usability. It shouldn't take that much thought to simply attach a file to an email.

Thus, my answer to the OP's question is this: a BlackBerry 10 device can allow you to attach any kind of file (any!) to an email, and even allow you attach more than one kind of file, even of mixed types! It's super exciting for those of us who regularly have to do that, and it rocks that we can. iPhone can't.

Posted via CB10
    ibpluto and miker476 like this.
    06-05-15 04:10 PM
    Yup. All iOS or Android users have to do is tap once on the app icon.
    You forgot the endless swiping before reaching the proper app-screen. :-)

You forgot that you need to clutter the screen with shortcuts for frequently used apps, frequent contacts to call, or text, etc.

There are advantages to BlackBerry's pkb shortcuts that can only be approximated (poorly) by iOS and Android systems. So, yes, if you are so disturbed that you need to come to this thread to defend iOS and Android (as if they needed defending) , at least think of something that is actually true, e.g., having a large display instead of a physical keyboard.

Alternatively, just chill. Your iOS or Android phone has enough (other) advantages over BlackBerry already that you don't have to be insecure about it.

Q10/10.3.1.2582
    06-05-15 05:26 PM
    Here is another one. On a Q5, Q10, Passport and Classic, many apps allow you to press 'T' and 'B' and 'space' and ' Shift-space' and 'P' and 'N', to scroll through long screens. On iOS and Android, you just have to keep swiping stupidly and blocking the screen with your fingers until you reach the desired place.

Q10/10.3.1.2582
    06-05-15 05:40 PM
    Here is another one. On a Q5, Q10, Passport and Classic, many apps allow you to press 'T' and 'B' and 'space' and ' Shift-space' and 'P' and 'N', to scroll through long screens. On iOS and Android, you just have to keep swiping stupidly and blocking the screen with your fingers until you reach the desired place.

Q10/10.3.1.2582
    Absolutely agree.

Posted via My Amazing Passport
    06-05-15 06:58 PM

I don't think that I am supposed to get an app to simply reply to an email with an attachment.

One of things I didn't understand with ios.

The other thing missing in Ios was the sharing capabilities between apps but they are somehow fixing this with ios8.

In BB10/Android, while for example watching files in your gallery you can simply press share and send the file to any other app on the phone.

Posted via CB10
    clickitykeys likes this.
    06-05-15 06:58 PM

Q10/10.3.1.2582
    Wish I could do that on my Z30.

Z30something
    06-05-15 07:02 PM
    You forgot the endless swiping before reaching the proper app-screen. :-)

You forgot that you need to clutter the screen with shortcuts for frequently used apps, frequent contacts to call, or text, etc.

There are advantages to BlackBerry's pkb shortcuts that can only be approximated (poorly) by iOS and Android systems. So, yes, if you are so disturbed that you need to come to this thread to defend iOS and Android (as if they needed defending) , at least think of something that is actually true, e.g., having a large display instead of a physical keyboard.

Alternatively, just chill. Your iOS or Android phone has enough (other) advantages over BlackBerry already that you don't have to be insecure about it.

Q10/10.3.1.2582
    I don't think that I am supposed to get an app to simply reply to an email with an attachment.

One of things I didn't understand with ios.

The other thing missing in Ios was the sharing capabilities between apps but they are somehow fixing this with ios8.

In BB10/Android, while for example watching files in your gallery you can simply press share and send the file to any other app on the phone.

Posted via CB10
    Your points are well taken, and valid IMHO.

I'll be the first to say some aspects of iOS infuriate me, but I could say the same about every OS.
    clickitykeys likes this.
    06-05-15 07:16 PM
    Do you have Google play music access?
    Yes, I do.
    06-05-15 10:12 PM
    Yes, I do.
    Ah. I believe it's a function of that service.
    06-06-15 02:53 AM
    True. Also I have found that BlackBerry phones tend not to loose performance over time. The may not be the fastest phones out there, not at all actually in the age of octacore processors, but they get the job done with an excellent consistency. This is what bothers me a little about Android. The devices appear to get slower and buggier after a year or so.

Posted via CB10
    To much crud and crusty old installations...
    Nuke and pave yearly like Windows? Lol :-D

�   Happy Queen's Birthday weekend...   �
    06-06-15 03:46 AM
    Yes, I do.
    That is why then. You need to have play access to be able play videos in the background. You can also download music videos for offline use. Not being able to play YouTube videos in the background was an intentional move by Google to encourage people to subscribe to their music service.
    06-06-15 04:28 AM
    That is why then. You need to have play access to be able play videos in the background. You can also download music videos for offline use. Not being able to play YouTube videos in the background was an intentional move by Google to encourage people to subscribe to their music service.
    OK, that makes sense. But, doesn't this mean that the ability to play video in the background is not a limitation of the app but a feature that is available by subscription only?
    Last edited by 21stNow; 06-06-15 at 04:40 PM.
    06-06-15 11:38 AM
    On a BlackBerry I can adjust the font size on my browser. Big failure of the iPhone and a major reason of why I would not buy one.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 11:45 AM
    Here's something else, it moves fast and fluid between camera, camera settings and gallery. Even though my note 4 takes awesome photos, all I do is cuss at it when trying to use the camera and switch back and forth from camera to gallery to check the photos. It stutters and lags so much most of the time my blood pressure hits a new high and I say screw it and forgo the photos. My z30's pics aren't great but at least it's not frustrating to use.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 12:41 PM
    OK, that makes sense. But, doesn't this mean that the ability to play video in the background not a limitation of the app but a feature that is available by subscription only?
    Pretty much
    06-06-15 02:39 PM
    Our apps run perfectly in the background
    - so I definitely love that I can minimise my browser and my youtube music video is still playing!!

-and once I minimise an app I don't have to be worrying about it loading again ...

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 10:09 AM
    I use my Passport to carry my latte to my car in the morning!
    MarsupilamiX and Soapm like this.
    06-16-15 04:39 AM
    I use my Passport to carry my latte to my car in the morning!
    I'll have to admit, not many phones can do that...

It also looks like it'll fit nicely between two slices of bread...
    06-16-15 04:41 PM
    Maybe I'm wrong but I can download music straight from sites like gosong.net to my device or SD card I've never plugged n to a computer to get music or videos. That's w my z10, z30, and passport. I want knock any brand of phones. I say use what works for u and makes u happy
    02-04-16 11:42 AM
    I was really missing this thread. Thanks!
    GadgetTravel likes this.
    02-04-16 04:34 PM
    I was really missing this thread. Thanks!
    I wish I could download or stream music to my iPhone 6 or Nexus 6 without plugging into a computer.......
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    02-04-16 04:47 PM
    I wish I could download or stream music to my iPhone 6 or Nexus 6 without plugging into a computer.......
    Why can't you?
    02-04-16 06:29 PM
    Why can't you?
    I hate when that happens. See above.
    02-04-16 06:52 PM
    Why can't you?
    I think he was joking. You obviously can.
    02-04-16 06:56 PM
289 ... 9101112