Because BB10 doesn't have a Youtube app. It runs the web app. If you go to youtube.com from your phone and minimize it the video will continue to play in the background just like it does on BB10. The same holds true for iOS. The actual YouTube app prevents videos from playing in the background and has nothing to do with BB10 being able to do it.
    I'm talking about my HTC One
    It's impossible for me to get the YouTube app playing in the background, and the OP I referred to, said that he can do that on his Nexus 6.
    Which confused me.
    Did I read it wrong and he actually meant his BlackBerry?
    05-31-15 02:32 PM
    I'm curious, is this feature available for full sized users as well or just the "mini" users?
    ie. Pinheads

Jakemeister
    05-31-15 07:04 PM
    I love iTunes. I used it by choice before I owned an apple product.

So there's two.
    I use iTunes. I don't think I'd go so far as "love" it, but it works for what I need it to do.
    05-31-15 07:09 PM
    Ridiculously long battery life on my passport. Touch sensitive physical keyboard extremely useful
    05-31-15 07:28 PM
    Wow... so misleading... At some point you had to put music on your SD card from a computer or other device. At least iOS has iTunes on the device that you can download out of the box. You don't need to ever plug in iOS device into a computer to get media...
    Not misleading at all. You can copy files to blackberry over wifi cause of accessing the device file structure. Ios you can't access the file tree so that can be done by blackberry but not apple. Not misleading at all. The error is in the user not knowing how.
    05-31-15 07:40 PM
    I think iTunes is quite good and music is like the only part for me where Apple wins over all other platforms
    I like iTunes too and the songs sound as good to me, with good earphones or headphones, on my BlackBerry as on my ipods. If you use Windows, "Sync my iTunes for BB10" app, from BBW, puts your iTunes library on your BB10's SD card over wifi and keeps it updated.
    05-31-15 07:59 PM
    It's impossible for me to get the YouTube app playing in the background, and the OP I referred to, said that he can do that on his Nexus 6.
    Which confused me.
    Ah, I see. The YouTube app won't play in the background on any platform, including BB10, as the app won't allow it. YouTube.com will play in the background on iOS, Android, and BB10. Windows probably as well but I've never owned one.
    MarsupilamiX and jallister like this.
    05-31-15 08:01 PM
    Right... Google specifically wrote the official YouTube apps, on all platforms, to pause when put in the background. This was a conscious decision they made to help protect people from accidentally running down their batteries or using up all of their bandwidth - something that I'm sure someone would have sued them over had they not done so. Can you imagine some parent of a teen who'd been listening to music non-stop with YouTube in the background running up thousands of dollars in data overages in a month?

Anyway, this isn't an OS limitation (on any OS), but rather an intentional limitation in the app. There are third-party apps that allow YouTube to be ran in the background, and you can do so in the browser, just not with the official app.
    MarsupilamiX, jmr1015 and cbobb123 like this.
    05-31-15 08:21 PM
    Actually I think all smartphones can do similar things. But since you asked, here is my top 10 list, with all due respect to David Letterman :

1. Buy a smartphone under $100 canadian with 2gb ram and an sd card.

2. Use the same phone, the leaders of the G7 use.

3. Have the battery life of a Passport.

4 Have the call reception and the sound quality of a Passport.

5. The Hub. In my opinion, the best feature on any smartphone.

6. Can run android and bb10 apps.

7. Having the opportunity to tell morons that obviously BlackBerry still makes phones cuz I'm using one.

8. An opportunity to use the best flicking virtual keyboard and the best physical keyboard.

9. The ability to actually use a phone made in North America. (excluding the Classic which I don't use)

10. My Snap2chat pics I receive don't disappear. Like showing that one off to people.

Now I await the riposte of the trolls. Don't know if they can contest any of these though.

Posted via CB10
    Nels likes this.
    06-01-15 12:21 AM
    - BlackBerry hub
    - Not having a home button.

(its so funny wen I see ios or android users trying to use my BlackBerry.... they don't know how hahaha)

- Awesome Virtual keyboard
    - Picture password!!

Posted via CB10
    Nels likes this.
    06-01-15 11:28 AM
    This just happened as my passport was coming in the mail last week. I had a meeting with a real estate agent and forgot to print the pdfs I made. I figured since it's 2015 that my iPhone could handle emailing attachments. Long story short, I was embarrassed when the "best" phone couldn't send attachments. As soon as I got my passport I tried the same thing.

Long story short I should've had my BlackBerry all along. I wouldn't have been embarrassed.

If you're wondering what happened to said iPhone, it's now sitting there and being used only for the apps that BlackBerry doesn't have.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 12:45 PM
    Right... Google specifically wrote the official YouTube apps, on all platforms, to pause when put in the background. This was a conscious decision they made to help protect people from accidentally running down their batteries or using up all of their bandwidth - something that I'm sure someone would have sued them over had they not done so. Can you imagine some parent of a teen who'd been listening to music non-stop with YouTube in the background running up thousands of dollars in data overages in a month?

Anyway, this isn't an OS limitation (on any OS), but rather an intentional limitation in the app. There are third-party apps that allow YouTube to be ran in the background, and you can do so in the browser, just not with the official app.
    Some youtube clips do run in the background through my youtube app on my nexus 6. I've got Louis CK running in the background right now on it while I'm skimming android central. But not all clips run in the background. I have no idea why.
    06-01-15 12:56 PM
    Which confused me.
    No. You read it right. I can do that with some clips on my Nexus 6. I was just listening to Louis CK do his SNL intro on my YouTube app while skimming through the android central app. I'm now writing this while the celebrity jeopardy skit is still playing in the background.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-01-15 01:04 PM
    Actually I think all smartphones can do similar things. But since you asked, here is my top 10 list, with all due respect to David Letterman :

1. Buy a smartphone under $100 canadian with 2gb ram and an sd card.

2. Use the same phone, the leaders of the G7 use.

3. Have the battery life of a Passport.

4 Have the call reception and the sound quality of a Passport.

5. The Hub. In my opinion, the best feature on any smartphone.

6. Can run android and bb10 apps.

7. Having the opportunity to tell morons that obviously BlackBerry still makes phones cuz I'm using one.

8. An opportunity to use the best flicking virtual keyboard and the best physical keyboard.

9. The ability to actually use a phone made in North America. (excluding the Classic which I don't use)

10. My Snap2chat pics I receive don't disappear. Like showing that one off to people.

Now I await the riposte of the trolls. Don't know if they can contest any of these though.

Posted via CB10
    You haven't got an email from snapchat about locking your account for using a third party app? I had to delete snap10 from memory because of it.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 01:04 PM
    False. When you set up your device after first turning it on, you are asked to enable Location Services, but simply clicking "No" (the default) means that it never gets turned on, and individual apps cannot override this (they CAN ask you to turn it on, though).
    No it IS FACT. You mention the device... clearly you read NOTHING I stated. I said your account and to look up settings ONLINE, they have the seniority not what you see on the device!

BlackBerry, accept no substitute nor compromise!
    06-01-15 01:07 PM
    This just happened as my passport was coming in the mail last week. I had a meeting with a real estate agent and forgot to print the pdfs I made. I figured since it's 2015 that my iPhone could handle emailing attachments. Long story short, I was embarrassed when the "best" phone couldn't send attachments. As soon as I got my passport I tried the same thing.

Long story short I should've had my BlackBerry all along. I wouldn't have been embarrassed.

If you're wondering what happened to said iPhone, it's now sitting there and being used only for the apps that BlackBerry doesn't have.
    This is flat out untrue. iOS can send pdf attachments just fine.
    06-01-15 04:00 PM
    This is flat out untrue. iOS can send pdf attachments just fine.
    From dropbox?? All it did was send links.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 04:05 PM
    From dropbox?? All it did was send links.
    No, from Mail.
    06-01-15 04:06 PM
    No, from Mail.
    This was from dropbox. Couldn't believe the phone couldn't handle it

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 04:24 PM
    You haven't got an email from snapchat about locking your account for using a third party app? I had to delete snap10 from memory because of it.

Posted via CB10
    Not yet, but I imagine that it is coming. I don't use snap chat that often so I don't really care, but I like shearing.... err... showing the sheep that perma pic feature.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 05:17 PM
    No it IS FACT. You mention the device... clearly you read NOTHING I stated. I said your account and to look up settings ONLINE, they have the seniority not what you see on the device!
    I have several Android devices. My primary one had Location Services enabled by me during setup, and reports my info. The other two were not enabled by me at setup (or anytime since), and don't report any location information - not to Google, not to apps, and not to a phone company (because they don't have cellular radios).

I read what you said, but what you said was simply incorrect, and I was correcting your false statements.
    06-01-15 05:49 PM
    Ridiculously long battery life on my passport. Touch sensitive physical keyboard extremely useful
    This.
    06-01-15 06:04 PM
    Set your browser font size.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 06:21 PM
    Hub, best smart virtual keyboard and blend.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 06:44 PM
    Hub, best smart virtual keyboard and blend.

Posted via CB10
    When the keyboard gets swipe option and cloud functionality, it might have a claim to the "best" title.
    06-01-15 07:03 PM
289 ... 7891011 ...