What can a BlackBerry do, that others can't?-img_20150529_181252.png
    This

What can a BlackBerry do, that others can't?-img_20150529_181349.png

What can a BlackBerry do, that others can't?-img_20150529_181408.png
    And this too

What can a BlackBerry do, that others can't?-img_20150529_181711.png
    Oo and this too

Posted via CB10
    mikegcox, terminatorx and Nels like this.
    05-29-15 12:17 PM
    BB10 is on its last limb due to the lack of compelling new (read: ALL TOUCH) devices and so is Crackberry if you look on Google trends. The OS had always struggled but the past couple months have been especially brutal.

Due to the precipitously declining popularity, many of the few users that remain are former Blackberry users and not current ones.

It seems like Chen has no interest in even maintaining the current user base.
    I just looked at CrackBerry on Google Trends. Wow. Sad. I love my Passport for all the reasons given, but am frustrated by the still buggy OS (Bluetooth connectivity problems, in my case), and I suspect this will be my last BlackBerry. I don't look forward to going to iOS.

What can a BlackBerry do, that others can't?-img_20150529_120901.png
    05-29-15 12:20 PM
    I think you're mostly right, but one needs Link for backups right?

I use my BB10 devices without Link.
    Yes, to do a backup you need Link. For me I don't bother backing up my phone. Office 365 keeps all my contacts, calendars mail and tasks synched, BB World keeps track of my apps etc so if I get a new phone, I just add the accounts and drive on. I do lose my text messages and game data this way though. BB Protect for BBOS would backup text messages and other settings, BB Protect for BB10 does not last time I checked. The Password Keeper is backed up in the cloud though which is important. And I keep all my media on SD so it is easy to move to a new device. I have all my photos and videos uploaded to OneDrive automatically in the event that my SD card fails.
    05-29-15 12:24 PM
    Ah OK, I thought someone on here said they could do that with their note 4,....
    Attached Thumbnails What can a BlackBerry do, that others can't?-1432920406329.jpg  
    05-29-15 12:26 PM
    It just offers sound, vibrate or silent?
    Are you on a note 4, 5.0?
    My Note 4 is still on 4.4. I saw that the option was added for the Galaxy S5 in the Lollipop update and made the (bad?) assumption that it would be added to the Note 4, as well. I also got the path wrong, so I pasted the link below. Maybe it can guide you better than I can.

Galaxy S5 Lollipop: How to mute your phone without silencing the alarms?
    05-29-15 12:28 PM
    My Note 4 is still on 4.4. I saw that the option was added for the Galaxy S5 in the Lollipop update and made the (bad?) assumption that it would be added to the Note 4, as well. I also got the path wrong, so I pasted the link below. Maybe it can guide you better than I can.

Galaxy S5 Lollipop: How to mute your phone without silencing the alarms?
    Ah ok, thanks!
    05-29-15 02:23 PM
    I have a MacBook.
    I hate iTunes.

BlackBerry Link is even worse, no competition, but iTunes follows pretty quickly afterwards. At least in terms of managing phones. It's pretty good as a music library and shop.
    Because you hate it doesn't mean that its a terrible piece of software. Is it perfect no, but for managing movies, music, etc I think it works well. There are plenty of people in here who think Link is a great piece of desktop software. I think its horrific but to each their own I guess.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-29-15 04:15 PM
    I just looked at CrackBerry on Google Trends. Wow. Sad. I love my Passport for all the reasons given, but am frustrated by the still buggy OS (Bluetooth connectivity problems, in my case), and I suspect this will be my last BlackBerry. I don't look forward to going to iOS.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150529_120901.png 
Views:	588 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	355076
    That's no shock. Most of the people who post here are regular posters discussing the same things over and over again (which I happen to enjoy). A lot of long time posters show up occasionally but don't post much any more, if at all.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-29-15 04:17 PM
    Blackberry : invent
    Other : copy paste

BlackBerry : strong point - BlackBerry os
    Other : strong point - apps

BlackBerry : gesture - one thumb
    Other : gesture - 10 fingers ( if you see any Android phone un boxing video you will notice that the demonstrator will show you that this phone can detect 10 / 8 fingers.

BlackBerry : notification led
    Now every android phone has notification led.

Blackberry : invent - instant messaging (message will appear on the top )
    Other : like android - copy heads up app or cynogen mode,
    BlackBerry : invent : new notification on the lock screen
    Other : copy paste : cynogen mode including the feature of re arrangingthe quick settings.

Any phone can do whatever you want. That is the magic of using any smartphone but how easy, how quick. You should keep your priorities in your grip and that what does BlackBerry

 Z3 STJ100-1 ~10.3.1.2576 ~
    05-29-15 05:43 PM
    In Passport's native browser, there is that ease and convenience of reading any web article by turning it into reader's mode with the option of enlarging the font at you liking either under a light or dark background. Your choice.

Posted via My Amazing Passport
    anon(9471936) likes this.
    05-29-15 08:31 PM
    In Passport browser, I can add to my Homescreen any website with the look of a native app. The website icon is then pasted to my Homescreen just like any other apps. So beautiful. I dont know if android or ios has this feature. I have an ipad but I can't find this feature.

vanrickman likes this.
    05-29-15 08:59 PM
    How do you do this? How?
    Blend? It's all there automatically.

Or like, download the song from BlackBerry World and...save it to the card?

And from Dropbox just pin the file, or download it.

And Link, doesn't that let you access computer files without plugging in? I'm on a Mac so it never worked.

Am I misunderstanding your question?

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 09:11 PM

And Link, doesn't that let you access computer files without plugging in? I'm on a Mac so it never worked.

Posted via CB10
    They got me, I didn't know about the device settings so kept thinking the WiFi connection wasn't working. I'm all set now...

But I didn't know about dropbox so thanks for that...

Thanks!!!
    05-29-15 10:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    I never knew about the Pin feature in the cloud services, that is really slick.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-15 08:50 AM
    Maximum typing from minimum effort...
    Press key once and get two letters...
    They should advertise it as a feature instead of a bug...
    Actually with 'word substitution' in BlackBerry , you can get unlimited letters with only few letter.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-15 11:22 PM
    In Passport browser, I can add to my Homescreen any website with the look of a native app. The website icon is then pasted to my Homescreen just like any other apps. So beautiful. I dont know if android or ios has this feature. I have an ipad but I can't find this feature.

If you would like to do this on your iPad, in Safari look at the bottom of the screen and you will see a box with an up arrow. Tap that, then you will see a number of option icons pop up. The bottom row of options can be swiped over to see more option icons. Tap Add to Home Screen. That's the way it works in my iPhone anyway. I assume it's similar or the same on the iPad. Hope that helps.
    05-31-15 08:22 AM

This feature has been on iOS and Android for years, far before BB10 was even around.
    21stNow and cbobb123 like this.
    05-31-15 08:28 AM
    In Passport's native browser, there is that ease and convenience of reading any web article by turning it into reader's mode with the option of enlarging the font at you liking either under a light or dark background. Your choice.

Again, this feature has been on iOS for years and is actually implemented better on iOS than it is on BB10.
    21stNow likes this.
    05-31-15 08:29 AM
    How do you do that?
    Honestly curious because I couldn't be bothered to search (so yeah, if you tell me to Google it I probably might understand it).

How is it possible to run the YouTube app while it being minimised or the display being turned off?
    It simply refuses to do that on my HTC one, and I don't want to run Firefox in desktop mode with the Flashplayer being on, because of battery drain.

Because BB10 doesn't have a Youtube app. It runs the web app. If you go to youtube.com from your phone and minimize it the video will continue to play in the background just like it does on BB10. The same holds true for iOS. The actual YouTube app prevents videos from playing in the background and has nothing to do with BB10 being able to do it.
    05-31-15 08:38 AM
    No it can't, you have to switch/toggle between languages mid conversation. In bb10 this is done automatically.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. The language switch in bb10 is way easier than in IOS. No need to press any buttons, just type the language of choice and the suggested words come automatically in the right language. This coupled with keyboard shortcuts make the BlackBerry a very powerful messaging/writing tool. Switching between 3 languages pressing the globe button in IOS (plus the emoticon page) was annoying.

Posted via CB10 from Passport
    05-31-15 09:08 AM
    Thanks for the info. I tried in my ipad and indeed there's an option "add to reading list". Unfortunately, the feature would not work on some articles and no dark background option. I like the implementation in blackberry as the article will immediately be converted to reader's mode with the option in dark or light background. Very convenient.

05-31-15 09:19 AM
    I don't use 3 but sometimes I do use two languages (English and Serbian) when communicating with relatives in Serbia
    I use three, thought the third isn't recognised in the BlackBerry dictionary (my vernacular language, Luo)

Posted with my trusty z10, Shelly.
    05-31-15 09:31 AM

You can do that from an iPhone or iPad using Safari. Tap the Share button and you're presented with an option to Add to Home Screen. This has been in iOS before it was actually called iOS.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    05-31-15 10:40 AM
    You can do that from an iPhone or iPad using Safari. Tap the Share button and you're presented with an option to Add to Home Screen. This has been in iOS before it was actually called iOS.
    05-31-15 11:01 AM
    Indeed there is that option in ipad to Add to Home Screen and Add to Reading List. Unfortunately, the Add to Reading List seems not working in my ipad when I tried to convert to reader's mode same news item that i'm reading using my BlackBerry passport. I like the implementation in blackberry of immediately converting into a reader's mode any web article iat your option of dark or light mode.
    05-31-15 11:10 AM
289 ... 678910 ...