The battery lasts past 3 o'clock.
    bh7171 likes this.
    05-29-15 10:03 AM
    OK, you may not be able to do this through the OS right now if you are on Kit Kat. The Lollipop update will allow you to have an Interruption/Priority mode. Or, you could use a third-party app like Essential Calls now.
    I am on lollipop....

Where is the "priority mode"?
    05-29-15 10:17 AM
    Don't confuse iTunes on a computer with iTunes on an iOS device. They share the same name, and that's about it. At least it's on an iOS device out of the box. Something BlackBerry has royally screwed up using a 3rd party service that is missing a lot of artists, etc. That you have to figure out what to download and what store to download it from... And fanboys wonder why they can't sell phones to consumers...
    Actually they are both iTunes. You can pick the one you like and ignore the other if you want. I never mentioned Blackberry in my post so I'm not sure why you went there. I've just never heard anyone praise iTunes before.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-29-15 10:18 AM
    How do you do this? How?
    1. Swipe from top to access settings and go into settings
    2. Scroll down to Storage and Access
    3. Turn on Access using WiFi
    4. Press the Identification on Network button and set the name of your device, your username and the computer workgroup
    5. Press Change Wi-Fi Storage Password and set a password
    6. If you have a Windows computer your phone will now show as a network location in Windows Explorer
    7. If it does not show up you simply type \\my-awesome-bb (the name you gave the phone) and you will be in
    8. If you have a Mac, open finder and choose GO and type smb:\\my-awesome-bb (going by memory on this one, mac is currently offline).
    9. if your Windows or Mac login credentials (username and password) are the same as you set on your BB, you will not be asked for a username or password.

Setting this up, you will always be able to access all of your phone files as long as your phone is connected to the same WiFi network as your computer.

To access the files you have on your PC, you will need to configure BlackBerry Link and set your storage locations. As long as you leave Link running on your computer, you can access the files in your set storage locations even when you are not connected via Wi-Fi. Your computers will show as storage locations in the awesome BB10 File Manager.

Here is a scenario that happens a lot for me. I have large music library stored in Box cloud storage. I don't have room for all that music on my phone nor would I want that much stuff on my phone. I will be on a road trip and decide I want to listen to a new album that I forgot to put on my phone. I will pull the car over (safety first) open File Manager on my BB, browse to my Box drive, find the music I want to listen to and I copy it to my SD card and play it via Bluetooth.
    vanrickman and Soapm like this.
    05-29-15 10:28 AM
    Remote Access. No other phone comes close to feature parity with Remote Access via Link. And before all ya'll start saying it never works, it works flawlessly for me and I use it on the regular.

Posted via CB10
    I agree it works awesome and I too use it a lot and I have often wondered if this is a feature unique to BB10. Every time I show something my BB10 does someone tells me "there's and app for that"
    05-29-15 10:36 AM
    Good lord. I think I just found the one person who actually likes iTunes. We've been looking for you for years.

Depends on what system you use it on. If you use it on an Apple computer it works perfectly and seamlessly with all your devices, wirelessly. Using it on a PC isn't great but is better than its been in the past.
    05-29-15 10:44 AM
    I agree it works awesome and I too use it a lot and I have often wondered if this is a feature unique to BB10. Every time I show something my BB10 does someone tells me "there's and app for that"
    To be fair, usually there is.

But yes, remote access is fantastic.
    05-29-15 10:44 AM
    To each his own. However, your overly complicated file system is fine for techies. But the simplistic system of iTunes, buy it once, it's on all your iOS devices, without worrying about copying or managing files and folders. Turn on Family sharing and everyone gets access to everything. Beats managing files and folders hands down, but I understand it's not for everyone. Some people like to over complicate things just because they can.
    I really don't understand what you mean. Are you saying that all of my media that is stored on my massive harddrive will be synched via iTunes to the platry storage that is on my iOS device? I know that is not possible, so how does iTunes compensate for this?

And by the way, synchronizing is not an Apple exclusive, I can set my BB to synch to my PC using Link or I can use Link to give my phone access to the files on my computer and home network also without wires. It is not complicated and I don't have to forfeit control of my file system to Apple.
    05-29-15 10:47 AM
    Perhaps that's the answer, do all things native and do it well so you don't need an app...
    05-29-15 10:47 AM
    I think iTunes is quite good and music is like the only part for me where Apple wins over all other platforms, yet I still wouldn't buy an iPhone.

Anyways, music is where BlackBerry is really sub-par. The standard music player is very average and juggling around folders on the file system is about the way that works to manage music.

Posted via CB10
    Managing files is by far the easiest way to manage music for me anyhow. I find iTunes horribly complicated and I find the music player built into my BB does everything I want. There is also a great third party music player called Neutron that is excellent once you get onto it.
    05-29-15 10:52 AM
    Blackberry wins file management including remote access hands down. Nobody else even tries to be honest. I do miss it.

mikegcox likes this.
    05-29-15 10:52 AM
    I am on lollipop....

Where is the "priority mode"?
    Check Settings>Sound>Sound mode. The option for Interruption/Priority should be there.
    05-29-15 10:53 AM
    Depends on what system you use it on. If you use it on an Apple computer it works perfectly and seamlessly with all your devices, wirelessly. Using it on a PC isn't great but is better than its been in the past.
    Some would say it isn't great on a PC and some would say it is awful. I'm in the latter category but if you like it then that works too.

mikegcox likes this.
    05-29-15 10:54 AM
    I have a MacBook.
    I hate iTunes.

BlackBerry Link is even worse, no competition, but iTunes follows pretty quickly afterwards. At least in terms of managing phones. It's pretty good as a music library and shop.
    clickitykeys likes this.
    05-29-15 11:17 AM
    Perhaps that's the answer, do all things native and do it well so you don't need an app...
    Which is completely impossible to achieve, given the sheer number of apps out there, and their gazillion use cases.
    05-29-15 11:18 AM
    I have a MacBook.
    I hate iTunes.

BlackBerry Link is even worse, no competition, but iTunes follows pretty quickly afterwards. At least in terms of managing phones. It's pretty good as a music library and shop.
    Link works as advertised, but it is not really needed, most everything can be done OTA. I remember getting my iPad replaced at an Apple store, all I had to do was log into iCloud and I was right back where I was, so I am thinking iTunes is no longer necessary to manage iPhones either. BB10 is not quite there yet, features of BlackBerry Protect are still missing.

Posted via CB10
    reeneebob likes this.
    05-29-15 11:32 AM
    I have a MacBook.
    I hate iTunes.

Someone had to say this. As an owner of several MacBooks, I also agree that iTunes sucks as a device management solution.

Q10/10.3.1.2582
    05-29-15 11:38 AM
    The blackberry blend...

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 11:41 AM
    I have a MacBook.
    I hate iTunes.

I dislike Link, but I truly, truly abhor iTunes. I agree, for device management, it makes me twitch.

I refuse to use it. Don't even have it installed.

I do have a predisposition to hating desktop complain software, though.
    21stNow, mikegcox and MarsupilamiX like this.
    05-29-15 11:44 AM
    Link works as advertised, but it is not really needed, most everything can be done OTA. I remember getting my iPad replaced at an Apple store, all I had to do was log into iCloud and I was right back where I was, so I am thinking iTunes is no longer necessary to manage iPhones either. BB10 is not quite there yet, features of BlackBerry Protect are still missing.

Posted via CB10
    I think you're mostly right, but one needs Link for backups right?

I use my BB10 devices without Link.
    05-29-15 11:48 AM
    I use back of my passport for carrying my coffee as a tray in the elevator.
    I have used the back of my Passport for this very type of situation, as well as having used it (encased!) for signing the receipt for food deliveries. Makes for a great impromptu writing surface!

Great Krypton! This Passport is super!
    05-29-15 11:50 AM
    Good lord. I think I just found the one person who actually likes iTunes. We've been looking for you for years.

I love iTunes. I used it by choice before I owned an apple product.

So there's two.
    grover5 and jmr1015 like this.
    05-29-15 11:52 AM
    I love iTunes. I used it by choice before I owned an apple product.

So there's two.
    It seems there are several based on this thread.

reeneebob likes this.
    05-29-15 11:59 AM
    Check Settings>Sound>Sound mode. The option for Interruption/Priority should be there.
    It just offers sound, vibrate or silent?
    Are you on a note 4, 5.0?
    05-29-15 12:11 PM
    It just offers sound, vibrate or silent?
    Are you on a note 4, 5.0?
    I don't think Samsung included this. It is on vanilla lollipop. I have it on my Nexus 6 but I think Samsung skipped the option. I could be wrong though.

05-29-15 12:14 PM
289 ... 56789 ...