Nothing
    05-28-15 10:28 PM
    Let's see how long it will take until one of the missionaries refutes the Hub as well. I'm sure there's an android or ios app/skin/theme that does that too!
    No need - BB is already making the Hub for the other platforms...
    sentimentGX4 and reeneebob like this.
    05-28-15 10:33 PM
    To add to the computer access part, if you have another BB10 device at your house and on your wifi network or usb connected, if the phone is on, you can also access that if set up though link to pull files,pictures, data and movies .Except for the movies purchased on BB world back when they sold them. I believe this applies to music as well, but i didnt try that.

I did a semi lame video of it here:

05-28-15 10:35 PM
    Remote Access. No other phone comes close to feature parity with Remote Access via Link. And before all ya'll start saying it never works, it works flawlessly for me and I use it on the regular.

Posted via CB10
    miker476 likes this.
    05-28-15 10:40 PM
    It can NOT crash and go into an endless rebooting loop because of a text message.
    05-28-15 11:11 PM
    I was getting spammed yesterday by android friends trying to be funny and crashing my phone.

Joke was on them because it didn't work on my 6+. Heh.
    05-29-15 12:02 AM
    stupid question
    what can any other phone that can not another? It depends on the needs .
    05-29-15 12:50 AM
    No need - BB is already making the Hub for the other platforms...
    And there you have it, from one of the top brass.
    bh7171 likes this.
    05-29-15 01:04 AM
    And there you have it, from one of the top brass.
    Yessire!

Android and iOS have caught up with BB10 unfortunately, and it looks like they will "win" with the software suite coming to them.

05-29-15 01:16 AM
    Blackberry z30 can connect to a external hard drive

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 01:50 AM
    I'm still curious how to hook up to an ethernet port with a Passport.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 01:53 AM
    I can type this message on a physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    i can type this message on my Nokia E Series or my Nokia N900 (Symbian, Maemo)
    05-29-15 02:11 AM
    How about..

• Actually use and access your phone through BB Blend
    • Split work and personal accounts
    Symbian has access to the file system via a device suite (PC/Nokia Suite could let you make calls and send texts, too). S60v3 could do dual accounts (modes) in 2007.
    05-29-15 02:17 AM
    I can plug my Z30 into an Ethernet port and have a hard wired Internet connection! I can then plug it into my monitor and its basically a full blown laptop replacement.

Posted via CB10
    Symbian again is able to do this.
    05-29-15 02:20 AM
    Actually, most of the things being mentioned here can be done in Symbian (also an RTOS), Maemo and Meego.
    Don't get me wrong, there is a lot BB10 has got over Android (and no, iOS is not a true multi-tasking smartphone OS so i won't even dignify its existence here), but it really isn't the originator of so many things being mentioned here.
    In Symbian, an on-phone app called fshell allows all kinds of access via PC to the full file system and adjusting deeep settings on the phone via USB or Bluetooth connection, so that has been done before.
    05-29-15 02:39 AM
    Perhaps I am missing the benefits of iTunes, but I still much prefer managing files and folders.
    To each his own. However, your overly complicated file system is fine for techies. But the simplistic system of iTunes, buy it once, it's on all your iOS devices, without worrying about copying or managing files and folders. Turn on Family sharing and everyone gets access to everything. Beats managing files and folders hands down, but I understand it's not for everyone. Some people like to over complicate things just because they can.
    reeneebob likes this.
    05-29-15 06:57 AM
    To each his own. However, your overly complicated file system is fine for techies. But the simplistic system of iTunes, buy it once, it's on all your iOS devices, without worrying about copying or managing files and folders. Turn on Family sharing and everyone gets access to everything. Beats managing files and folders hands down, but I understand it's not for everyone. Some people like to over complicate things just because they can.
    Good lord. I think I just found the one person who actually likes iTunes. We've been looking for you for years.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-29-15 08:12 AM
    I like iTunes somewhat now. My only option now but that is not relevant. Did not like how it used tags to group but I overcame that by re tagging all my tunes how I wanted. As for as, kind of scared me seeing "Remove" on various apps but I learned that unless it said "Will remove" I am good to go.
    05-29-15 08:18 AM
    Things a Z30 can do that an iPhone can't;

1) Expand its memory on top of what comes from the factory, without looking any different from the outside.
    2) Use a nice simple USB connector for connections.
    3) Work nicely with other manufacturer's phones, and other devices like TVs, etc.
    4) HDMI out, using a standard microHDMI connector.
    5) Many people say the same app is cheaper on BlackBerry.
    6) Decent Bluetooth functionality.
    7) Decent multi-tasking.
    bh7171 likes this.
    05-29-15 08:26 AM
    I think iTunes is quite good and music is like the only part for me where Apple wins over all other platforms, yet I still wouldn't buy an iPhone.

Anyways, music is where BlackBerry is really sub-par. The standard music player is very average and juggling around folders on the file system is about the way that works to manage music.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 08:29 AM
    There's several apps in the App Store that allows me to access any saved music I have in my Dropbox & play it as well.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 
    That's fine but the BlackBerry just does it and doesn't need an app or a visit to an app store in order to do it. I think that's the point the other person was posting about.
    05-29-15 09:00 AM
    Not misleading. I can access files on my home network from my handset or I can access the file system on my handset from my computer. I can also copy files from my OneDrive, Box, DropBox etc cloud storage to my SD card or my built in memory. If someone emails me a file, I can save it to any folder including to cloud storage.

Long before Apple sold us iTunes, we all managed our music playing devices by simply copying files. Perhaps I am missing the benefits of iTunes, but I still much prefer managing files and folders.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    A lot of the benefits of iTunes are on the seller's side :-)
    Last edited by Gajja; 05-29-15 at 09:30 AM.
    mikegcox likes this.
    05-29-15 09:18 AM
    As some others have posted, most smartphones do much the same things. Perhaps it's better to ask less about "What it does" and instead ask more about "How easy it is to do it".
    bh7171 likes this.
    05-29-15 09:44 AM
    Let's see how long it will take until one of the missionaries refutes the Hub as well. I'm sure there's an android or ios app/skin/theme that does that too!

Posted via CB10
    The People Hub from HTC's Sense did something similar to the Hub in BB10.
    05-29-15 09:49 AM
    Good lord. I think I just found the one person who actually likes iTunes. We've been looking for you for years.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Don't confuse iTunes on a computer with iTunes on an iOS device. They share the same name, and that's about it. At least it's on an iOS device out of the box. Something BlackBerry has royally screwed up using a 3rd party service that is missing a lot of artists, etc. That you have to figure out what to download and what store to download it from... And fanboys wonder why they can't sell phones to consumers...
    05-29-15 09:52 AM
289 ... 45678 ...