These sorts of threads never disappoint.
    Where else can you get this much entertainment this cheap?

Be classically hip with the BlackBerry Classic
    05-28-15 05:00 PM
    Not being hacked?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 05:07 PM
    Not misleading. I can access files on my home network from my handset or I can access the file system on my handset from my computer. I can also copy files from my OneDrive, Box, DropBox etc cloud storage to my SD card or my built in memory. If someone emails me a file, I can save it to any folder including to cloud storage.

Long before Apple sold us iTunes, we all managed our music playing devices by simply copying files. Perhaps I am missing the benefits of iTunes, but I still much prefer managing files and folders.

Reposted below with quote for clarity.
    Gajja likes this.
    05-28-15 05:08 PM
    Not being hacked?

Posted via CB10
    Like the post.

Z30-simply the best touch screen BlackBerry
    05-28-15 05:13 PM
    Wow... so misleading... At some point you had to put music on your SD card from a computer or other device. At least iOS has iTunes on the device that you can download out of the box. You don't need to ever plug in iOS device into a computer to get media...
    Not misleading. I can access files on my home network from my handset or I can access the file system on my handset from my computer. I can also copy files from my OneDrive, Box, DropBox etc cloud storage to my SD card or my built in memory. If someone emails me a file, I can save it to any folder including to cloud storage.

Long before Apple sold us iTunes, we all managed our music playing devices by simply copying files. Perhaps I am missing the benefits of iTunes, but I still much prefer managing files and folders.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    Gajja likes this.
    05-28-15 05:14 PM
    Simply does most things better. A much more logical OS
    05-28-15 05:44 PM
    Funny, on my Nexus 5, I can go Settings -> Location and there's a switch to turn it on or off.
    Funny on Googles site for your account you'll need to OPT-OUT.

Nothing you do on the phone for security takes full affect so long as you're logged into it! Furthermore nothing is fully removable prior to contrary belief.

Google = we're not evil (SURRRRE)

EDIT:

Disable it and in the next week let's do a test ... search the internet for your locations in gmaps without the OPT-OUT function changed as current prior to my post before this edit and see if location data is still tracked.
    05-28-15 06:09 PM
    I'd like to find out about this as well. How do we prevent the BES admin from accessing our device logs?

BB10 Main Screen > Settings > BlackBerry Balance:
    scroll to the bottom Admin Remote Log Collection: OFF.
    05-28-15 06:12 PM
    Your other points were good but ios does all of the above.
    Toast notifications for iMessager:
    Not Email,
    Not Twitter,
    maybe BBM ??
    not other social app direct messaging.

Others where udpated in iOS 8 but the ones I've stated haven't seen it and I used all on iOS 8.1.3 less than 40 days ago.
    05-28-15 06:14 PM
    wow, it seems that we have more people that uses other devices in crackberry than BlackBerry users. going around to prove android or ios are better. it's like a religion or something where the missionaries go to other countries and try to get others to convert.

well, I'm sticking only to cb since I am a BlackBerry user and once in a while check on other blogs just to keep updated but not to bash 'em.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.2267
    ibpluto and miker476 like this.
    05-28-15 06:23 PM
    wow, it seems that we have more people that uses other devices in crackberry than BlackBerry users. going around to prove android or ios are better. it's like a religion or something where the missionaries go to other countries and try to get others to convert.

well, I'm sticking only to cb since I am a BlackBerry user and once in a while check on other blogs just to keep updated but not to bash 'em.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.2267
    Nah. Several folks, including BlackBerry executives, are able to use multiple devices from multiple devices and, well, survive.

Haven't seen any real proselytizing; so far, mostly a mature exchange of information.

In the end, choice is good.
    jmr1015 and LazyEvul like this.
    05-28-15 06:32 PM
    That's because most iOS and android users have an inferiority complex.

Posted via CB10

I think users just want to say that these features are available on other devices, when the thread is about unique BlackBerry features it should only be about those features.
    21stNow, sentimentGX4 and jmr1015 like this.
    05-28-15 06:34 PM
    Centralize all your correspondence in one location with color codes for easy sorting. Those little color bars you can add to signify which account is which is fantastic when you got 50-100 emails to go through daily. iOS and Android doesn't do that as far as I know.
    Samsung Android phones have the color bars next to messages in an integrated inbox.
    05-28-15 06:43 PM

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    How do you do this? How?
    05-28-15 06:50 PM
    If she is lucky, and I'm feeling generous, I will charge my kids iPhone with my Z

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    05-28-15 07:05 PM

Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.2267
    BB10 is on its last limb due to the lack of compelling new (read: ALL TOUCH) devices and so is Crackberry if you look on Google trends. The OS had always struggled but the past couple months have been especially brutal.

Due to the precipitously declining popularity, many of the few users that remain are former Blackberry users and not current ones.

It seems like Chen has no interest in even maintaining the current user base.
    05-28-15 07:06 PM
    I can double type on my Q10 and Classic. No other OS can do that.

Posted via CB10
    Maximum typing from minimum effort...

Press key once and get two letters...

They should advertise it as a feature instead of a bug...

Best posts in this thread. Thanks for the laugh!!
    05-28-15 07:42 PM
    getting things done more quickly and efficiently (sms, emails)
    bh7171 likes this.
    05-28-15 07:49 PM
    They should advertise it as a feature instead of a bug...
    There's a saying in software development: A feature is a bug with seniority.
    jmr1015, SmileDahling and Soapm like this.
    05-28-15 07:56 PM
    The dealbreaker for all other phones: THE HUB
    clickitykeys, Nels and bh7171 like this.
    05-28-15 08:59 PM
    Let's see how long it will take until one of the missionaries refutes the Hub as well. I'm sure there's an android or ios app/skin/theme that does that too!

Posted via CB10
    clickitykeys and miker476 like this.
    05-28-15 09:38 PM
    The dealbreaker for all other phones: THE HUB
    Waiting to see if BlackBerry will indeed release it cross-platform. Hopefully, BBRY comes correct.
    05-28-15 10:03 PM
    Funny on Googles site for your account you'll need to OPT-OUT.
    False. When you set up your device after first turning it on, you are asked to enable Location Services, but simply clicking "No" (the default) means that it never gets turned on, and individual apps cannot override this (they CAN ask you to turn it on, though).
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    05-28-15 10:04 PM
    Not get soft reset'd from a text.

thatplaybookguy likes this.
    05-28-15 10:18 PM
    How do you do this? How?
    Set your phone up through Blackberry link to be able to access either your whole computer /drives/folders. Then go to file manager,then hit the 3 dashes on the left and you should see your computer on that list. It will then populate(after a min or so) the folders you designated.

For the drop box, box sources, you need to set up an account with both and its in the same menu.
    Soapm likes this.
    05-28-15 10:21 PM
289 ... 34567 ...