No it can't, you have to switch/toggle between languages mid conversation. In bb10 this is done automatically.

Posted via CB10
    So swiftkey on the iPhone does not recognise it when I switch languages?

Or are we talking about the native keyboard only?
    Tre Lawrence and sentimentGX4 like this.
    05-28-15 07:58 AM
    What can BlackBerry do that others can...

Completely frustrate consumers when they buy their device bring it home, and realize there is no way to purchase media (music, TV shows, Movies) natively on their device. only to realize that you have to google it, then hunt for it in one of the many app repositories to find it doesn't have most of the music or shows that you're looking for...
    Coachbulldog and MikeX74 like this.
    05-28-15 08:08 AM
    So swiftkey on the iPhone does not recognise it when I switch languages?

Or are we talking about the native keyboard only?
    Beat me to it.

Same questions. I'm not fond of the way iOS treats third-party keyboard (though I understand the reasoning), but I assumed it was possible to do multiple languages simultaneously.

I believe Swype and SwiftKey are bilingual on the fly on Android.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-28-15 08:09 AM
    I can put music on it by simply saving files to my music folder on the SD or built in memory. Don't need to plug it into a computer ever for accessing files. Don't need iTunes for anything ever. I can save music files stored on dropbox to my phone. I assume Android can do this too, but iOS is really hard to figure out.

Posted via CB10
    Wow... so misleading... At some point you had to put music on your SD card from a computer or other device. At least iOS has iTunes on the device that you can download out of the box. You don't need to ever plug in iOS device into a computer to get media...
    Coachbulldog and BB_Junky like this.
    05-28-15 08:15 AM
    Marsupilamix...It has worked with the YouTube app on my Nexus 6 whenever I've had to go into another app briefly or just gone to my home page. But I just tested several YouTube videos and noticed that some specifically say they don't allow playback while in the background. So I should correct my previous statement and say it works sometimes.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-28-15 08:17 AM
    Beat me to it.

Same questions. I'm not fond of the way iOS treats third-party keyboard (though I understand the reasoning), but I assumed it was possible to do multiple languages simultaneously.

I believe Swype and SwiftKey are bilingual on the fly on Android.
    Mine is set to trilingual on my HTC One. So I supposed that it's the same thing on the iPhone.

But I did have to completely deinstall/deactivate any form of Google Keyboards and HTC keyboard to get there.
    Probably had to deactivate other things as well to get there

Since I don't have an iPhone around to test it, I am actually curious.

Wow... so misleading... At some point you had to put music on your SD card from a computer or other device. At least iOS has iTunes on the device that you can download out of the box. You don't need to ever plug in iOS device into a computer to get media...
    SD Cards and real file management over iTunes and fixed storage. It's not even a contest for me.

Those are also things that hugely annoy me, concerning iOS.
    I know they'll never change it, but in a parallel universe, I am an iPhone buyer since day 1, because they have SD cards and a real form of file management.
    Gajja likes this.
    05-28-15 08:18 AM
    You don't have to connect to a computer to download music to an SD card. You can get it off drop box or download directly from MULTIPLE sources on a bb10 device, (7 digital, amazon, any site that allows you to purchase and download music directly) all that without ever using a proprietary iTunes system to allow your music to be downloaded to your device. I believe Android users have the freedom to get using from many sources too.

Posted via CB10
    Gajja likes this.
    05-28-15 08:59 AM
    I can plug my Z30 into an Ethernet port and have a hard wired Internet connection! I can then plug it into my monitor and its basically a full blown laptop replacement.

Posted via CB10
    how does this work and is it only z30's ??
    05-28-15 10:24 AM
    Live Video Screen Sharing is one of the best feature I liked most.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-28-15 10:31 AM
    flick up predicted words on kb
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-28-15 10:34 AM
    Customize notifications for each app with different Profiles.
    For eg, at Work Profile I don't want to see any Notifications from Whatsapp while in Normal I'm happy with it.
    The extent of notification profile customisation is huge in BlackBerry.

Also, with my Passport, I can do shortcut keys to navigate in the phone, quick dial and lock/unlock phone.

The simple yet smart way to unlock the phone using photo with digits on it is probably one feature that amazes everyone. It's near to impossible to guess the lock even if anyone is watching you.

Swipe up to peak and wake up phone is neat too.

BlackBerry phones don't phase out as quickly as others do. It's so funny that an Android phone is already outdated with such a great hardware each year while BlackBerry (with many critics saying negative about the hardware being old) still performs solidly. The marketing guys have a decent job in this ever changing world of smartphone. They sell you what they think is right for your needs and then ask you update each year.

In the end, I also have Note Edge but use Passport as my daily driver. I think once you get used to the keyboard and wide screen to read and compose emails and messages, there's nothing more I need to get my smartphone needs fulfilled.
    So whatever that floats your boat. Peace!

Posted via CB10 using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    05-28-15 10:53 AM
    I use my Passport to carry my latte to my car in the morning. Now that's Cool!!

Posted from my Kick@ss AT&T Passport.
    Why don't you just use your hand, or are you a newfie?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 11:43 AM
    The HUB!!!!!

Sent from Passport
    05-28-15 11:44 AM
    - the only virtual keyboard which understands how people usually type, "1 thumb" principle (Heins, 2013)
    That's definitely not true. Probably every virtual keyboard has some type of data mining involved. Plus the BB10 keyboard is based off Swiftkey, which has always been available on Android.
    05-28-15 11:47 AM
    I haven't found that on my Note 4
    Go to Settings>Personalization>Blocking Mode and turn it "On". Then go to the Allowed Contacts list and choose the option that suits you or customize which contacts ring through. No other calls will ring through outside of the Allowed Contacts list; they will go straight to voicemail.
    05-28-15 01:08 PM
    Where did you find that, I couldn't find that, also note 4?
    You can change the ringtone for a contact by going into Contacts and selecting the specific contact that you want to make the change to. Select Edit and scroll down to the Ringtone area and change the ringtone from default to whichever ringtone you want for that contact.
    05-28-15 01:15 PM
    OK, I don't want to block or send unknowns to voice-mail though. Just set a few to always ring even if I'm set to vibrate for all others.
    05-28-15 01:19 PM
    yah, even Billery could do it :-)
    05-28-15 01:35 PM
    flick up predicted words on kb
    Most excellent!! I own a Samsung Tab Pro tablet and NONE of the Android app keyboards (swiftkey, Google, etc) come anywhere near the VKB or hybrid PKB of BlackBerry 10. Android and iOS lack the BlackBerry Hub which for me and the 5 emails and social media I manage are a must. (*And any Android or iOS user that discounts or dismisses the massive benefits of the BlackBerry Hub has never used it on a daily basis or realized it's brilliance and efficiency in communication. I hope BlackBerry keeps this software proprietary or charges appropriately for it.) Swiping with BlackBerry 10 and moving between open apps is superior to Android (at least KitKat 4.4)

Using both Android 4.4 on my tablet (because Lollipop is not yet available for the Tab Pro) and BlackBerry 10 there really is no comparison (in my opinion) between the two operating systems in regards to communication, intuition and ease of use. (Other than my mom's ipad mini-which drives me nuts with the home button-and my ipod (iTunes is not very good) I do not have much experience with Apple) The home and back button on Android (like iOS) is slow and clunky for moving between functions and apps. I am not locked into the Google eco system so those benefits ( if one uses them) matter little to me. Same goes for apps. If I need anything not on BBW or Amazon (or Snap) I put a link to my home screen. (local bank I use and American Express- both work flawless and securely).

Z30-simply the best touch screen BlackBerry
    amjass12 likes this.
    05-28-15 01:38 PM
    OK, I don't want to block or send unknowns to voice-mail though. Just set a few to always ring even if I'm set to vibrate for all others.
    OK, you may not be able to do this through the OS right now if you are on Kit Kat. The Lollipop update will allow you to have an Interruption/Priority mode. Or, you could use a third-party app like Essential Calls now.
    05-28-15 03:00 PM
    These sorts of threads never disappoint.
    05-28-15 03:55 PM
    Centralize all your correspondence in one location with color codes for easy sorting. Those little color bars you can add to signify which account is which is fantastic when you got 50-100 emails to go through daily. iOS and Android doesn't do that as far as I know.
    05-28-15 04:18 PM
    everything! other than mass images about androids and iphones. Not to be overrated, compare battery, apps, utilities, performance and whatnot to other platforms. Ironically underrated by images, promotions and styles.

Can't blame it, the focus for Blackberry is not common users, more to the corporates (softwares vs devices)....their choice.
    05-28-15 04:22 PM
    True. Also I have found that BlackBerry phones tend not to loose performance over time. The may not be the fastest phones out there, not at all actually in the age of octacore processors, but they get the job done with an excellent consistency. This is what bothers me a little about Android. The devices appear to get slower and buggier after a year or so.

Posted via CB10
    I have found that the iPhone, Android OS Phones, and BlackBerry phones seem to slow down over time (I have never used Windows Phone so I can't comment on that). My Curve 8330 and Storm slowed to a crawl after a year or so of usage and I didn't really use apps on either. My Xperia Play started to slow a bit (I still have it) but still is okay. My iPhone 5 slowed a little after iOS 7 (turning off animations and motion helped) and considerably after iOS 8. Both of my Moto Xs (2013 and 2014) are still fast but the memory leak in Lollipop causes some trouble on my Moto X 2014 and it needs to be restarted every once in a while - but not as often as the Curve or Storm needed to be rebooted though.
    05-28-15 04:23 PM
    I don't know, to put files on my daughter's iPad, I use a USB cable and a third party program called CopyTrans installed on Windows. It is a pain, I thought I could just use DropBox, but nope.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 04:52 PM
289 ... 23456 ...