As it has also been observed many times, BlackBerry is not packed with features like Android, so most things that can be done on a BlackBerry can also be done on other platforms, or actually even more.

I personally think it's the little things that make BlackBerry appeal to me, and the way how it handles tasks compared to other phones.

It's things like the fantastic keyboards, the tough hardware, the iconic red LED, the simplistic but efficient OS and the clear focus on communication.
    Posted via CB10
    All this, and I love BlackBerry for all the things it DOESN'T do!
    05-27-15 10:12 PM
    I can put music on it by simply saving files to my music folder on the SD or built in memory. Don't need to plug it into a computer ever for accessing files. Don't need iTunes for anything ever. I can save music files stored on dropbox to my phone. I assume Android can do this too, but iOS is really hard to figure out.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 10:15 PM
    I can put music on it by simply saving files to my music folder on the SD or built in memory. Don't need to plug it into a computer ever for accessing files. Don't need iTunes for anything ever. I can save music files stored on dropbox to my phone. I assume Android can do this too, but iOS is really hard to figure out.

Posted via CB10
    How do you do this? I've been trying to figure this out...
    05-27-15 10:17 PM
    My blackberry allows me to type in real time in up to three different languages without having to make any changes in settings. All three languages also offer word predictions in real time.
    Not sure if android keyboards have this feature.

Posted via CB10
    I wonder what percentage of users alternate between 3 languages in one message.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-27-15 10:45 PM
    Every os has its strength. I have the unfortunate burden of carrying around my q10 and lumia 920. Having said that. The q10 allows for true multitasking that no other current Os comes even close. It's as close as you'll get to fluid multitasking that I cherished back in the webOs days. The just type universal search is another neat aspect I really enjoy. Guess I'm clinging to the days when webOs was actually a game changer in the smartphone race. Though there is nothing as intuitive as webOs was I think bb10 is as close as it gets in the way it handles notifications and swype gestures and multitasking. I hate how every other os you have to hold down a button to bring up your task manager.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 11:24 PM
    Every os has its strength. I have the unfortunate burden of carrying around my q10 and lumia 920. Having said that. The q10 allows for true multitasking that no other current Os comes even close. It's as close as you'll get to fluid multitasking that I cherished back in the webOs days. The just type universal search is another neat aspect I really enjoy. Guess I'm clinging to the days when webOs was actually a game changer in the smartphone race. Though there is nothing as intuitive as webOs was I think bb10 is as close as it gets in the way it handles notifications and swype gestures and multitasking. I hate how every other os you have to hold down a button to bring up your task manager.

Posted via CB10
    On my rooted device, any app can be invoked by a choice of gesture. I love gestures.

Having said that, I don't have the dislike for button-presses some folks have.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-27-15 11:35 PM
    I use my Passport to carry my latte to my car in the morning. Now that's Cool!!

Posted from my Kick@ss AT&T Passport.
    05-27-15 11:42 PM
    Your other points were good but ios does all of the above.
    Took the words out of my mouth...

05-27-15 11:52 PM
    what does double type mean?
    05-28-15 12:09 AM
    what does double type mean?
    Maximum typing from minimum effort...

Press key once and get two letters...

They should advertise it as a feature instead of a bug...
    05-28-15 12:13 AM
    I can use a phone designed in Canada and as I am Canadian I DO.
    TCB on Z10, wincyUt and Soul_Est like this.
    05-28-15 12:16 AM

Posted via CB10
    There's several apps in the App Store that allows me to access any saved music I have in my Dropbox & play it as well.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    05-28-15 12:20 AM
    blackberry phones can seduce you. like you want to look at your phone and stare at it every minute. Especially the q10!
    05-28-15 01:10 AM
    My Note 4 definitely has the ability to change alert sounds/vibration/or LED notifications for specific contacts.

But will it over ride the sound profile, like make a sound for a contact you choose even if the system is set to vibrate only? I can't find that option on my note, 4
    05-28-15 01:13 AM
    I've just sent out multiple emails to the same person with each more than 8 attachments with a few clicks and without any lags or problems.

I know other OS can do that to, but it's some kind of productive simplicity that I love about BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    One of the biggest drawbacks to owning an iPhone. Apple has the worst email I've ever used. I would own a BB but the Z10 died and no device exists to replace it. I know, I could buy a 2 yr old device but that just wont happen.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-28-15 01:37 AM
    My blackberry allows me to type in real time in up to three different languages without having to make any changes in settings. All three languages also offer word predictions in real time.
    Not sure if android keyboards have this feature.

Posted via CB10
    iOS can...
    05-28-15 03:09 AM

I don't use 3 but sometimes I do use two languages (English and Serbian) when communicating with relatives in Serbia
    05-28-15 03:23 AM
    One of the biggest drawbacks to owning an iPhone. Apple has the worst email I've ever used. I would own a BB but the Z10 died and no device exists to replace it. I know, I could buy a 2 yr old device but that just wont happen.
    You can get fantastic bargains on BB10 devices more than others lately. My unlocked Z30 arrived from CB yesterday. Clearance price but factory sealed packaging. This " 2 yr old device" can outperform most new smartphones, and as this thread is pointing out, do lots that they cannot do for 1/2 to 1/3 their prices. Only downside is I have to change my name as my daughter is getting my Z10 to replace her much-loved Bold.

TCB on Z10
    05-28-15 04:07 AM
    I had a bbry for 10 years (everything from track-wheeled to PlayBrick to BB10). A few months ago, I finally made the switch... Bbry isn't capable of doing anything that my Android device can't do other than collect dust.

Well, I've owned several Android phones and I absolutely understand where you're coming from. However, I've made the switch back to BlackBerry from more than one technically superior Android phone, just because I missed those little things BlackBerry does differently.

I'm not saying I wouldn't switch to an Android phone again though as I find it to be an excellent platform and the devices are certainly the most advanced on the market.

I'm just curious whether you will miss your BlackBerry soon in one or the other way.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 05:21 AM
    I think BB10 is awesome and can do many great things but most of the stuff being listed I can do on my Nexus 6 as well. If I minimize the YouTube app it continues to play. I can set priority contacts to ring or beep even if all my other notifications are silent. Anyway I'm not trying to be negative. Its great to have good choices and variety.

How do you do that?
    Honestly curious because I couldn't be bothered to search (so yeah, if you tell me to Google it I probably might understand it).

How is it possible to run the YouTube app while it being minimised or the display being turned off?
    It simply refuses to do that on my HTC one, and I don't want to run Firefox in desktop mode with the Flashplayer being on, because of battery drain.

I do. Not on a regular basis though.
    But I switch very often in-between messages.
    Receiving 10 mails, I'll probably switch my written language about 6 times.

The bane of being the guy who speaks the 3 important languages for conducting business in Europe
    (German, French and English, if anybody wondered)

On my rooted device, any app can be invoked by a choice of gesture. I love gestures.

Having said that, I don't have the dislike for button-presses some folks have.
    I want a slider
    Did I ever say that before?
    05-28-15 05:48 AM
    It's the only phone that literally lasts "forever". Look around and I bet you will still find people carrying BOS (legacy) BlackBerry phones from the "18th century".
    05-28-15 06:46 AM
    - BlackBerry does things "the BlackBerry way"
    - the first to introduce so called the "touch enabled" physical keyboard
    - the only virtual keyboard which understands how people usually type, "1 thumb" principle (Heins, 2013)
    - the Blend
    - the Protect
    - the ability to run (sandboxed) Android apps alongside BB10 native apps
    - the Hub

Posted on my Passport
    05-28-15 07:01 AM
    I'm more of a simple person I appreciate that I can or have:

-Reply to an email and attach something other than just a pic or vid
    -compose an email with multiple attachments with different extensions
    -reply or compose an email and pull attachments from other emails
    -have all my communication channels in one hub
    -flick typing
    -gesture to minimize, swipe up and right to go to my hub
    -an LED light that I can customize so I don't have unlock my phone to know what kind of message or notification I have
    - BlackBerry travel
    -bedside mode
    -a buddy that works at BlackBerry that can get me a good deal on devices

smart548 and grover5 like this.
    05-28-15 07:05 AM
    It's the only phone that literally lasts "forever". Look around and I bet you will still find people carrying BOS (legacy) BlackBerry phones from the "18th century".
    True. Also I have found that BlackBerry phones tend not to loose performance over time. The may not be the fastest phones out there, not at all actually in the age of octacore processors, but they get the job done with an excellent consistency. This is what bothers me a little about Android. The devices appear to get slower and buggier after a year or so.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt, MarsupilamiX and TgeekB like this.
    05-28-15 07:13 AM
    Leaks

CB10 - Q10 - 10.3.2.680
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-28-15 07:39 AM
289 12345 ...