I don't think there's much other phones can't do compared to a BB.

I wish I print anything natively from my Passport, wish I could use snapchat every now and then, wish the Amazon App Store quisling lag, Etc.
    byrdbrained and Coachbulldog like this.
    05-27-15 03:06 PM
    It‘s not really necessary to have BBID/BBM to run native apps, right? Yes, nobody does it, but...it's possible .
    You've got a point there. I imagine you could do that if so inclined.

But you‘re wrong regarding the Android compatibility - https://jolla.com/
    Correct again! Technically speaking, Jolla Sailfish was running Android apps months before BB10 was. Jolla went straight to running apk files at a time when BlackBerry was still using Android apps that had been converted to bar files.

BlackBerry 10 might still be using the ported Android apps right now if it weren't for Jolla Sailfish.
    05-27-15 03:08 PM
    Well this is going south quick.

Be classically hip with the BlackBerry Classic
    Threads like this never go well.

"BlackBerry is awesome! It (and only it) does xyz.

"Yo... wait... Android/iOS/WP8 do that too..."

Be gone, BlackBerry hater! Android Central/iMore/Windows Central is that way!
    05-27-15 03:12 PM
    Simple...get me to buy one.
    05-27-15 03:28 PM
    I think BB10 is awesome and can do many great things but most of the stuff being listed I can do on my Nexus 6 as well. If I minimize the YouTube app it continues to play. I can set priority contacts to ring or beep even if all my other notifications are silent. Anyway I'm not trying to be negative. Its great to have good choices and variety.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-27-15 03:40 PM
    I think BB10 is awesome and can do many great things but most of the stuff being listed I can do on my Nexus 6 as well. If I minimize the YouTube app it continues to play. I can set priority contacts to ring or beep even if all my other notifications are silent. Anyway I'm not trying to be negative. Its great to have good choices and variety.

Choice is good and as with most products, different manufacturers blend capabilities after a while.

The thing I like about Blackberry the most is the Classic, because it gives me a total communication experience hard to find on other brands.

05-27-15 03:43 PM
    I use back of my passport for carrying my coffee as a tray in the elevator.
    05-27-15 03:45 PM
    Threads like this never go well.

"BlackBerry is awesome! It (and only it) does xyz.

"Yo... wait... Android/iOS/WP8 do that too..."

Be gone, BlackBerry hater! Android Central/iMore/Windows Central is that way!
    That's kind of true, and we have many threads like this one here on CrackBerry.

As it has also been observed many times, BlackBerry is not packed with features like Android, so most things that can be done on a BlackBerry can also be done on other platforms, or actually even more.

I personally think it's the little things that make BlackBerry appeal to me, and the way how it handles tasks compared to other phones.

It's things like the fantastic keyboards, the tough hardware, the iconic red LED, the simplistic but efficient OS and the clear focus on communication.

So if someone asks me whether I would recommend BlackBerry and why, features are not what comes to my mind first.

Posted via CB10
    Run apps without giving up my privacy, location, contacts, access to my emails, (BB-Native Apps).
    On other operating systems, you go app by app and grant or deny permission for those things.
    Choice is good and as with most products, different manufacturers blend capabilities after a while.

The thing I like about Blackberry the most is the Classic, because it gives me a total communication experience hard to find on other brands.

I've been looking at the classic on amazon. Its very tempting.

thekidshop likes this.
    05-27-15 03:56 PM
    I can plug my Z30 into an Ethernet port and have a hard wired Internet connection! I can then plug it into my monitor and its basically a full blown laptop replacement.

Posted via CB10
    That is interesting! I have a USB otg and have used keyboard, mouse, etc., but how does one plug into an Ethernet port? I'm using an unlocked Passport, by the way.
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    05-27-15 04:54 PM
    That is interesting! I have a USB otg and have used keyboard, mouse, etc., but how does one plug into an Ethernet port?...
    I'm curious about this as well. Please let us know how this is accomplished. Enquring minds want to know!!
    05-27-15 05:21 PM
    You can cover yourself from the sun or rain with BlackBerry Passport. This feature is amazing. I'm loving it!

Posted via CB10
    They don't sell umbrellas there?

Posted via CB10
    Adomeliss likes this.
    05-27-15 05:27 PM
    That's interesting. I can set my Nexus 5 to silent, have a favorite contact call, and the phone will ring with that contact's ringtone. Unless I'm missing something in your description, this option is available on Android devices, as well.
    I haven't found that on my Note 4
    05-27-15 05:58 PM
    My Note 4 definitely has the ability to change alert sounds/vibration/or LED notifications for specific contacts.

Where did you find that, I couldn't find that, also note 4?
    05-27-15 06:00 PM
    How about..

• Actually use and access your phone through BB Blend
    • Split work and personal accounts
    With the right EMM/MDM solution so too can Samsung (BES12 as well), Android, and iOS. Sorry BB is not unique here.

Run apps without giving up my privacy, location, contacts, access to my emails, (BB-Native Apps).
    You can basically do that on every device.

Posted via CB10
    What Trini is probably trying to state is that only BB allows you to FULLY disable Location - not just on apps, but the phone OS and anything on it that gives up your cellular, wifi, gps location, and disable all or specific apps from doing so and those many 3rd party apps have no access to your Contacts, Emails.

I'd like to ad I can PREVENT BES Admin from accessing my device logs! THAT my friend is privacy you cannot buy with any currency in today's market outside from BlackBerry
    Trini-34 likes this.
    05-27-15 06:08 PM
    What Trini is probably trying to state is that only BB allows you to FULLY disable Location - not just on apps, but the phone OS and anything on it that gives up your cellular, wifi, gps location, and disable all or specific apps from doing so and those many 3rd party apps have no access to your Contacts, Emails.
    Funny, on my Nexus 5, I can go Settings -> Location and there's a switch to turn it on or off.
    cigarsandtanks likes this.
    05-27-15 07:26 PM
    Where did you find that, I couldn't find that, also note 4?
    The Note 4 has slightly different notification settings on lollipop than the Nexus 5 and 6. In the nexus lollipop there is a priority notification setting where you can set certain people to get through including alarms but block everything else. At least I don't think its in the Samsung version of lollipop.

05-27-15 07:48 PM
    ...I'd like to ad I can PREVENT BES Admin from accessing my device logs! THAT my friend is privacy you cannot buy with any currency in today's market outside from BlackBerry
    I'd like to find out about this as well. How do we prevent the BES admin from accessing our device logs?
    05-27-15 08:28 PM
    The Note 4 has slightly different notification settings on lollipop than the Nexus 5 and 6. In the nexus lollipop there is a priority notification setting where you can set certain people to get through including alarms but block everything else. At least I don't think its in the Samsung version of lollipop.

Some earlier said they could on a note 4, hopefully they will see this and answer, just looked again and cannot find how to
    05-27-15 09:16 PM
    Not all Android can customize the profile as deep as a BlackBerry can.
    - With a BlackBerry you can open a video/song on youtube, minimize and still listen to the video playing
    - On a BlackBerry you can turn on wifi or the torch without 'freezing'/closing an app
    - With a Blackberry you have toast notification,which you can reply without opening any apps

Posted via CB10
    Your other points were good but ios does all of the above.
    BB_Junky likes this.
    05-27-15 09:16 PM
    I had a bbry for 10 years (everything from track-wheeled to PlayBrick to BB10). A few months ago, I finally made the switch... Bbry isn't capable of doing anything that my Android device can't do other than collect dust.

KingRichard likes this.
    05-27-15 09:43 PM
    My BlackBerry allows me to enter long form text using a physical keyboard. For the fellow who cited obscure Android phones with physical keyboards, I'd like to add, "using a physical keyboard that does not suck."

Also, unlike Android and iOS, my BlackBerry has a Hub that does not suck.

Q10/10.3.1.2582
    Last edited by clickitykeys; 05-28-15 at 12:56 AM.
    Sigewif likes this.
    05-27-15 09:50 PM
    My BlackBerry phones don't hog my data.

My BlackBerry phones don't require constant rebooting.

My BlackBerry phones don't drop calls where my colleagues don't have wireless coverage.

My BlackBerry phones work for me.

via Z10-ER
    05-27-15 09:56 PM
    I can honestly say I have a Classic... Not many can say that...

What can a BlackBerry do, that others can't?-retrophone_handset.jpg
    05-27-15 09:57 PM
289 1234 ...