I have owned both the storm and now the tour. With both phones i got complaints by a lot of people that i sound muffled. I have also noticed that most of my friends that own blackberrys sound muffled as well. So, i wanted to buy a bluetooth headset to hopefully fix that problem.

i did a lot of research and and read a lot of reviews and bought the Plantronics - Voyager Pro Bluetooth Headset from best buy. Everyone is now saying that i sound crystal clear now. BUT everyone now sounds distorted to me. even though my volume is turned all the way down, they still sound as if they are red lining.

So, needless to say im going to return it. but what bluetooth devices have you used with great sound quality coming in and going out?

all suggestions would be much appreciated!
    08-08-09 12:42 PM
    I have owned both the storm and now the tour. With both phones i got complaints by a lot of people that i sound muffled. I have also noticed that most of my friends that own blackberrys sound muffled as well. So, i wanted to buy a bluetooth headset to hopefully fix that problem.

i did a lot of research and and read a lot of reviews and bought the Plantronics - Voyager Pro Bluetooth Headset from best buy. Everyone is now saying that i sound crystal clear now. BUT everyone now sounds distorted to me. even though my volume is turned all the way down, they still sound as if they are red lining.

So, needless to say im going to return it. but what bluetooth devices have you used with great sound quality coming in and going out?

all suggestions would be much appreciated!

The right bluetooth headset (bths) is different for each individual, so a device rating a 10 in audio quality, comfort, ease of use, and, of course, price range does not exist. My suggestion is to rank the above categories before searching for the next bths. If you give me the order of importance to you, I can give you a few recommendations based on my research.

Me personally, I'm a petite woman with small ears, ear holes, and head. Since price and overall good rating was important to me, I went with a BB 655+ because it is a Plantronics 655+ licensed under the BB brand. Below is a list of whys.

- Good sound quality unless I'm directly under an air vent or in fairly strong wind outside or the bths is too far away from my phone.
    - Very comfortable to wear and I forget I have it on me most of the time. I use either a medium ear gel w/o hook or small ear tip w/hook. Both provide superb security and it has never fallen out/off even during a full sprint!
    - Easy to use w/ 3 generously spaced buttons (control, volume up, volume down)
    - The price is the best part. The net cost was only $11 after paying $31 on amazon.com directly from Amazon and redeeming a $20 mail-in-rebate from RIM. Not bad for a device that originally retailed for $150, I believe.

The choice is yours. Good luck.
    08-08-09 09:22 PM
    Ive had the plantronics for a little while now and I think it is awesome. I have had several bluetooths before and everyone complained when i used them but no complaints now. I have a work and personal phone and the multipoint technology was a big winner for me.
    08-11-09 08:47 PM
    BLUEANT Z9I. Me and my boyfriend always keep it in our car....u can pair up to 5 different devices....so when we are both in the car and one of our phones ring the bluetooth will also ring!!!! doesnt matter which one of our phones is ringing!!!
    08-23-09 08:17 PM
    I have the Motorola H715, it has a lot to like. The sound is good and clear, it does voice dialing with my Flip, the microphone acts as an on/off switch so it doesn't run down the battery when not in use and it takes the same charger as my Flip (micro-usb)
    08-26-09 09:52 AM
    My Blackberry tour has the same problem you are describing. Blackberry/RIM should have seem this problem before rolling out a new phone. I have tried 4 Bluetooth sets to no avail.
    08-27-09 09:13 PM
    I got a chance to briefly try out the new Motorola H790 recently. SUPER light, thin, comfortable. no chance in **** it would fall off your ear either. amazing sound quality and battery life for one of the smallest bluetooth headsets i've ever used. smallest dual mic bths around, and it really does produce quality audio. they run around $80, but i found it for $43.95 shipped new from an ebay store. google shopping search found a few results under $50. i would definitely recommend this headset, especially for the sub $50 price range.
    09-01-09 10:04 AM
    johnbooko: Before you return your Voyager PRO, have you tried it with Echo Control off? (In the Device Properties menu.)
    09-02-09 04:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD