Because honestly the majority of the smart phones are close in terms of what they have, people chose based on looks, price, moral, and the apps, the first three, honestly blackberry don't have advantage in any, and worst part is, its app world is even less competitive than what they can offer in the first three.

I have read some business articles about problems with blackberry, and based on my own experience, the main problem with the blackberry curve is that: there ain't many, and they are not well regulated.

Take an easy example, when I had my ipod there's an embeded dictionary function, and you can easily find at least three dictionaries that works well and completely free. But from the blackberry app world, I downloaded one with the highest review, and it turns out I can only look up ONE word a day, I'm like seriously. And the map, I tried at least three apps and the web map, ohh I got enough headache already

And that's how I feel since I started using BB, not saying all apps should be free and developers should live on street, but blackberry should at least take some effort to make its device more user friendly and just simply easier to use, like subsidize some developers with the most basic apps.

If you look at apple's apps and android's apps, there's no way blackberry can get back on top if they don't seriously improve its extent of its devices, afterall that's what a smart phone is all about

Edit: there's a balance between free and non-free apps, the successful marketing is to make people like your apps and willing to pay for it; what I feel from using my BB is it's like a door to door salesman, that's the cheapest marketing
    12-25-13 01:36 AM
    I agree with you ........ in term of dictionary they should have a standard native build in dictionary app that will be helpful
    Because honestly the majority of the smart phones are close in terms of what they have, people chose based on looks, price, moral, and the apps, the first three, honestly blackberry don't have advantage in any, and worst part is, its app world is even less competitive than what they can offer in the first three.

I have read some business articles about problems with blackberry, and based on my own experience, the main problem with the blackberry curve is that: there ain't many, and they are not well regulated.

Take an easy example, when I had my ipod there's an embeded dictionary function, and you can easily find at least three dictionaries that works well and completely free. But from the blackberry app world, I downloaded one with the highest review, and it turns out I can only look up ONE word a day, I'm like seriously. And the map, I tried at least three apps and the web map, ohh I got enough headache already

And that's how I feel since I started using BB, not saying all apps should be free and developers should live on street, but blackberry should at least take some effort to make its device more user friendly and just simply easier to use, like subsidize some developers with the most basic apps.

If you look at apple's apps and android's apps, there's no way blackberry can get back on top if they don't seriously improve its extent of its devices, afterall that's what a smart phone is all about

Edit: there's a balance between free and non-free apps, the successful marketing is to make people like your apps and willing to pay for it; what I feel from using my BB is it's like a door to door salesman, that's the cheapest marketing
    12-25-13 02:26 AM
    I really don't want to come off as rude. I totally understand what you mean, but what did you think they have been doing? The Android runtime is like Plan B to fix this issue. They can't seem to get great apps from developers so they are going to get the apps another way. The last few months have been dedicated to 10.2.1. It was apparent that 10.2.0 builds just kind of went nowhere and since November there was a sudden push to 10.2.1. The difference being that before if I wanted that dictionary app I would have to convert one that I thought was good from an APK to a BAR and then sideload it via my laptop. Very confusing for the average user. With 10.2.1 if I want a good dictionary app I can search for it through Amazons app store or I can access Google Play through a third party app like Snap and just directly install it. Anyone can do this easily. This OS build might be pushed out sooner than anticipated. That tells me that BlackBerry knows the app game is a problem and acted fast on a Plan B. It isn't perfect but if I want that Dictionary app, I got it. Mission accomplished. This OS will fix the app issue. If it kills Native development for a while it may be a small price to pay, but remember it is always better to get a native app especially on BB10 with its special Cascades UI. Wherever I can I find a native app. That accounts for 99% of my loaded apps. If I wanted that Dictionary and couldn't find a good one on BB World then off to the Android store I go. So much better on 10.2.1.

If you're in the USA and still waiting for 10.2 I feel sorry for you. The average user won't be able to load up these beautiful leaks and as always the rest of the world will get the update before you. 10.2.1 is the update that every American BlackBerry lover needs to get pushed out. Screw this testing on our systems BS. It has been proven on almost all of the worlds existing infrastructure but needs 3 months of so called testing before it can be used on US networks.
    stlabrat likes this.
    12-25-13 03:01 AM
    I agree with you ........ in term of dictionary they should have a standard native build in dictionary app that will be helpful
    I agree with this too. A built in dictionary is quite useful for many people and apps built by BlackBerry will help them fix their native app problems instead of waiting on developers to prey on their customers with bogus apps. In the Beta Zone they recently released a Meme generator and it has confused me greatly. I don't know why they don't make more useful Beta apps such as BlackBerry Express.
    12-25-13 03:02 AM
    lol you are right..... they should release a Blackberry dictionary app instead of Mockit ... because Mockit is for short time fun and everyone will be bored but the dictionary is always remained the need of time
    I agree with this too. A built in dictionary is quite useful for many people and apps built by BlackBerry will help them fix their native app problems instead of waiting on developers to prey on their customers with bogus apps. In the Beta Zone they recently released a Meme generator and it has confused me greatly. I don't know why they don't make more useful Beta apps such as BlackBerry Express.
    eddy_berry likes this.
    12-25-13 03:24 AM