OK I can get a 9220 for $130 and pay $130 more over three years than I would for an actual smartphone with a decent screen and 700,000 apps. I actually agree that in Canada BB should not even be selling these cheap phones. It would be like Chrysler still selling the K car today. They need newer cheap models for India and similar markets which generate 65% of their revenue.
    Yes but realistically after this first year of the Z10 and Q10 those will be low end phones in terms of specs and they will be able to sell those far cheaper once they get back their initial investment and the next gen high end model launches. OS 7 will be phased out but for the next year maybe with an upgrade or two these do fill the gap without ruining the new lines image.
    03-02-13 10:50 AM
    If the BlackBerry Z10 is considered the low-end of the BlackBerry 10 family then BlackBerry really has raised the bar for low-end smartphones. This is their best smartphone yet in my opinion and I was a staunch physical keyboarder.
    Totally agree but I am not saying that the Z10 is a low end product right now just that by the time the Aristo comes out the Z10 will be close to a year old, technology will have continued to move on and BBRY would be smart to keep it around untouched as their base low end phone. Remember once, the Curve line was not considered an entry level phone either. Entry level to BBRY but not to phones.
    03-02-13 10:54 AM
    What is Blackberry going to do for Curve users in regards to BB10?-blackberry-10-family-leak.png
    I like this Curve design ... personally I find the current curve to be teeny weeny ... almost an anti-smart phone.
    Lets for a moment imagine we can see the top and bottom of the device, what would it look like?
    I had a bit of spare time and did a quick patch job.

What is Blackberry going to do for Curve users in regards to BB10?-screen-shot-2013-03-03-2.41.57-am.png

Left is with a slight curve at the top like current curve series, just not as pronounced.
    Right is flat, just a curved rectangle basically.

Or perhaps a full touch version like the 9360/9380.

What is Blackberry going to do for Curve users in regards to BB10?-screen-shot-2013-03-03-2.48.35-am.png
    03-02-13 12:44 PM
    No more screen size variations. The central idea behind the BlackBerry 10 form-factor of the screen was to eliminate developers having to release multiple versions of applications based on the screen size of the smartphone. All BlackBerry needs in the BlackBerry 10 line-up is Z10 (all touch), Q10 (touch screen with physical keyboard), S10 (touch screen with slider keyboard), and C10 (touch screen with physical keyboard Curve replacement). I named the S (slider) and C (Curve replacement) to go with Q (first physical QWERTY keyboard in BB10 family) and Z (ZULU/Zero - the starting point in the BlackBerry resurgence). Only four smartphones in the BlackBerry 10 family plus two tablets in the BlackBerry Tablet OS 2 family - WiFi and LTE versions).
    Absolutely and completely agree. I've been saying this for a year as well.
    03-02-13 12:51 PM
54 123