How is anyone else's Tablet sales going? More an indication of the overall tablet market....

As for smartphones, iPhones still hold their value better than any other brand. Regardless of 1GB or ram or not. But yes the end of the 2-year subsidy by carrier has changed how people look at buying phones and how long they keep them. Three and maybe four years might become the norm for some... thus greatly reducing the overall market for manufactures. But that has started to hurt Android OEMs and their flagships lines, more than it has hurt Apple yet.
    The software seems to fail before the device. There are many old BlackBerry phones still operating because the OS remained the same. Owners of old iPhones should not update their software after about three years even if Apple says you are good to go.

I presume too at some point the battery fails and is not worth replacing. An easily replaceable battery adds to device life. PKB'S will eventually have to be replaced if used primarily for emailing and texting. A reversable power cord seems to be more reliable over an extended period. iPhone 5 screens seem to break more easily when the phone is dropped.

Just speculating but I would suggest that users will hold on longer to their iPhone partly because they stay usable longer and the replacement cost is much higher.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 02-01-16 at 12:16 PM.
    02-01-16 11:38 AM
    I actually prefer the Z10's design over the Z30's. I'd like a Z10 or Passport SE with Android.
    02-01-16 12:02 PM
    As for smartphones, iPhones still hold their value better than any other brand.
    It's a mystery to me why this is. Apple has this habit of turning their devices into expensive paperweights with their planned obsolescence and the way they slow models down with every compulsory software update. ios 6 and 7 literally destroyed my iphone 4.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-16 12:55 PM
    It's a mystery to me why this is. Apple has this habit of turning their devices into expensive paperweights with their planned obsolescence and the way they slow models down with every compulsory software update. ios 6 and 7 literally destroyed my iphone 4.

Posted via CB10
    Supply and demand. On Bell trade in your new Priv /Passport is good for $50 but your old 5S is worth $120 .
    02-01-16 06:10 PM
    From your lips to God's ears! Yes, yes and yes. A Z30 upgrade with all the bells and whistles under the hood as a Priv would be amazing. And priced at $399, shoot, I'd buy it right now.

Posted via CB10
    Well, considering a new unlocked Z30 on Verizon is still $499 I don't see how BlackBerry can make an upgraded model "with all the bells and whistles " for a $100 less and make money. That is fantasy land, unfortunately.

Z10/Q10, 10.3.2.556, MPJ 5000 mAh extended battery.
    02-01-16 07:47 PM
    All touch, high end and light weight. I am sick of bulky phones. That's main reason, I am holding back myself to go for Priv and settling for Z30 for time being.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-16 08:01 PM
    I always thought they should make an Android based all touch like the Z30 with and updated processor and screen. Price it at 399.00 and they would have a winner.
    150% I agree.

Make the rumored Z50 with updated internal hardware specs, better screen and a little bigger like a 5'2 inch screen and a competitive price. Definitely would appeal more to Android and BlackBerry users!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-01-16 08:14 PM
    I have to say it's going to be extremely hard when the time comes to adapt to android. It's horribly cluttered with never ending options and it's very unintuitive no matter how much you try and customize to your liking.

Actually, Adroids are super easy and customize-able once one gets used to them and knows what NOT to download. Marshmallow is super easy to use, IMO.

The kb buttons felt very cramped tho that may be simply because I've grown accustomed to the pp. The hardware was ok but didn't exactly feel ''premium'' and overall it's a completely different experience that will definitely take getting use to unless someone creates a bb10 launcher that truly mirrors bb10 os in every way.

I agree. I tested one without knowing what it was when I was blindly testing different new and/or to be released soon devices as an end user. I didn't feel the Blackberry "feel" to the product and the slide was awkward to me (though I think it might have just been the one I had, I have doubts that they are all like that). Blackberries and one other company (not advertising here so I'll leave it at that except to say other isn't Android nor iOS) have always had very solid, well built devices but I didn't get that feel from the new BB Priv. Maybe it was just a prototype. I wasn't real fond of it.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-16 08:18 PM
    Looking for an All touch with excellent build quality with a 5 -5.2 inch screen. I would prefer to buy a BlackBerry if they made a good all touch. Interested to see and use the Vienna. I am not in the market for another two years. By that time, BlackBerry may have what I want or have stopped making phones.
    02-03-16 10:59 PM
    Z30 upgraded.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 09:56 AM
    150% I agree.

Make the rumored Z50 with updated internal hardware specs, better screen and a little bigger like a 5'2 inch screen and a competitive price. Definitely would appeal more to Android and BlackBerry users!!!

Posted via CB10
    And BB10

Posted from my Z30 (10.3.2.2876)
    02-05-16 01:56 PM
    No phone is ever going to satisfy everyone, which is why we have so many available. So, if I prioritize what I need, if it has the Hub, I am interested. I can get used to just about anything else, but I want all my communication in one place. The Hub has spoiled me, I must admit.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 02:10 PM
    there is no choice so far, there is only one BB phone that is running Android, and that's the PRIV everything else laying in the mist of time.

Wherever there is a choice among several brillant BlackBerry OS10 devices, that will last for many years to come.

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    02-05-16 02:14 PM
    All touch z30 successor should be the next device. It should have the Priv rear cam and a 5 MP front cam.

Blackberry Priv on Etisalat 4G Network
    02-05-16 02:18 PM
    Passport with Android. Blackberry needs to keep releasing unique phones to stand out

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-11-16 05:00 AM
    The reason why BlackBerry has less than 1% of the marketshare is because the majority of the world use all-touch phones. They like them a lot. Show them a pkb and they are not interested. If BlackBerry keeps only making pkb phones, they won't win back customers with productivity or security. People want all touch phones with lots of apps.
    This is not the reason. Lack of apps on bb10 is the reason.

02-11-16 05:02 AM
    I'd like a passport slider. So the screen ratio would create a create mini tablet experience and I wouldn't have to give up this awesome keyboard!
    That is such a cool idea

02-11-16 05:03 AM
    This is not the reason. Lack of apps on bb10 is the reason.

No it is both the PKB and lack of apps. Oh and lack of a flagship VKB all touch

Posted via CB10
    02-11-16 05:31 AM
    None...on second thought, how abt all touch SE passport?

Posted via CB10
    02-11-16 05:39 AM
    5in all touch would be nice bb10 or Android Z30 size

Posted via CB10
    02-11-16 05:52 AM
    NO Android device whatsoever, BlackBerry OS10 devices and PKB only.

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    02-11-16 10:17 AM
    None. I want BlackBerry 10 device.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-16 10:23 AM
    a phone like the s7 edge with more rugged skins, vanilla android and blackberry features and security.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-16 10:31 AM
    This.
    What Blackberry Android Phone Do You Want?-imageuploadedbycb-forums1455210419.219861.jpg
    02-11-16 11:07 AM
    Passport Silver Edition with android and Classic style keyboard.

SQC100-4/Classic-Black/OtterBox Case
    02-11-16 07:11 PM
91 1234