I'd like a passport slider. So the screen ratio would create a create mini tablet experience and I wouldn't have to give up this awesome keyboard!
    01-31-16 07:03 PM
    Interesting. With Android being open source and so customizable, I would think things like HUB or peek/flow would be doable.
    It isn't as open as you think. It is open if you don't want Google Play Services. Once you have that in the mix, then it isn't that open. To get the HUB, Perk and Flow, you would have to fork the OS.
    01-31-16 07:10 PM
    I'd say classic or passport style. Why not bring one of the best things about BlackBerry over to android instead of further cluttering the market with another all touch device. That way they can offer something to android that doesn't exist. Make the most productive phone that android has ever seen. Although it seems like android people only care about apps and how big and many cores their phone has so probably won't work anyways. They could at least do it for me! That would make the transition to android that much easier. Catch is the keyboard has to be useful and actually work with the whole os and not just when needed for typing a message.

Posted via CB10
    The reason why BlackBerry has less than 1% of the marketshare is because the majority of the world use all-touch phones. They like them a lot. Show them a pkb and they are not interested. If BlackBerry keeps only making pkb phones, they won't win back customers with productivity or security. People want all touch phones with lots of apps.
    TgeekB likes this.
    01-31-16 07:55 PM
    The reason why BlackBerry has less than 1% of the marketshare is because the majority of the world use all-touch phones. They like them a lot. Show them a pkb and they are not interested. If BlackBerry keeps only making pkb phones, they won't win back customers with productivity or security. People want all touch phones with lots of apps.
    So the question remains, why don't you just get one of the thousands of full touch androids that already exist? You're making yourself look like a sheep because you want something simply for the name brand.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB and Bluenoser63 like this.
    01-31-16 08:51 PM
    I like the Passport android idea but suspect the way it is set up most apps would not work on it. I love my Z30 and actually hunting for a spare to have in a box for when this one dies. If more of the BlackBerry 10 experience starts to evolve in the Android BlackBerry phones I would be looking for a 5" all touch unit with highish end specs $400

I look at what the Asus zen phone 2 give for $350 Canadian and don't think the Priv is all that much better. Not without blend and a real hub

Posted via CB10
    01-31-16 08:54 PM
    I always thought they should make an Android based all touch like the Z30 with and updated processor and screen. Price it at 399.00 and they would have a winner.
    From your lips to God's ears! Yes, yes and yes. A Z30 upgrade with all the bells and whistles under the hood as a Priv would be amazing. And priced at $399, shoot, I'd buy it right now.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-16 09:26 PM
    All these people pining for a BlackBerry android all touch really confuses me...

There are hundreds if not thousands of all touch android phones out there. Why not get one of those? Is it just that you want it to be BlackBerry branded?

To the OP, I'd like an android passport if I'm eventually forced to the platform.

Posted via CB10
    It's not just cause of the brand, frankly I'd just prefer BB10. What I would really like is a all touch BlackBerry Android with close as possible BB10 UI. Gestures, peek and flow, active frames... etc. You can't even get that on the Priv currently, much less on any other Android device.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-16 09:31 PM
    So the question remains, why don't you just get one of the thousands of full touch androids that already exist? You're making yourself look like a sheep because you want something simply for the name brand.

Posted via CB10
    I don't want a name brand. I want an all-touch phone. Be careful about calling me a sheep.

Posted via the Diva's beautiful Red Passport!
    TgeekB and johnny_bravo72 like this.
    01-31-16 11:00 PM
    I think the reason many want or think they need an "all touch" device is because that is what is marketed to them OVER and OVER. I see 4 phone hand set manufacturers marketing. Apple and Samsung of course, Nexus (LG and Huawaii) and the LG V10. That's it. Does anyone else see any other mobile handsets marketed commercially? IF Apple had a device like the Classic, Passport or slide out Priv could one imagine how cool and hip they could make them with the various functionality each has? Key shortcuts, track pad, toolbelt and hard and soft touch capabilities. Pinch to zoom on capacitive keyboard. Scrolling on the keyboard, HUB etc. etc. I of course won't go into who won what and why. We all know the outcome commercially but that has no bearing on the functionality of each device and how they can be used. Marketing creates buzz, coolness and desire. BlackBerry does not of that in mainstream media.

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    01-31-16 11:17 PM
    I don't want a name brand. I want an all-touch phone. Be careful about calling me a sheep.

So if you want a full touch android, what's stopping you? There's thousands out there.

Posted via CB10
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    02-01-16 12:09 AM
    I'd like a Priv 2 with a bigger physical keyboard, and a better processor (the two things holding me back from the current Priv). Although always a PKB guy, I'm not sure whether the user experience on a square screen will make the best use of Android.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-16 12:37 AM
    So if you want a full touch android, what's stopping you? There's thousands out there.

Posted via CB10
    Do you really believe that I don't already know that? Wow.
    jaydee5799 and TgeekB like this.
    02-01-16 12:40 AM
    I always thought they should make an Android based all touch like the Z30 with and updated processor and screen. Price it at 399.00 and they would have a winner.
    yeah but they never did and probably won't. which is why many of us have said goodby. Sad.
    02-01-16 05:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    maybe there is something more about the BB brand that this person likes. Security thats always touted, The hub, peek and flow, etc. There are many reasons to keep using a BB.

And if one doesn't want a pkb, many reasons to move to a full Android.
    TgeekB likes this.
    02-01-16 05:44 AM
    None of them. I wouldn't get a BlackBerry if I wanted Android. (And that aside, I really don't like Android.)
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    02-01-16 05:44 AM
    A rugged device from BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    02-01-16 06:54 AM
    One thing is sure, my next phone will not be Priv or any version of BB android, unless... they come up with implementation similar to the BB Balance (private and work/secure side) that I could switch back and forth, between an android (private) and full BB10 (secure) side.
    I think that would be a winner, but just loading some BB apps to an android is just another samsung like crappy layer on android...
    Another reason why I won't buy an android that is because it loses value quite fast, almost like BB. But if I was to buy it would probably be one of the vanilla android phones nexus 6p etc.....
    but an Iphone 6S will probably be my next phone.
    Last edited by fadmin; 02-01-16 at 08:46 AM.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    02-01-16 08:35 AM
    Quite honestly I don't think older Apple devices will continue to hold value, if that matters with how frequent some turn over devices, compared to those that retain them and market saturation. An iPhone, until the 6s, has 1GB of RAM which is paltry by any standard. Apple's OS updates on pre '15 6s devices can and do have serious issues. (Google it) personal knowledge my friends iPad Air 2 bricked at the September '15 update and she took it to Apple and the device had to be wiped. (My dad will not update his iPad mini for this reason) I know and realize Apple just came off the most profitable quarter in their history but there are areas Cook is loosing sleep over. Their tablet sales are plummeting, the watch is just meh (don't they know younger people gave up watches due to their phones??) and they are late to the TV realm. The iPhone by revenue really is their bread and butter. What baffles me, having used one, is simply why? (Seriously) I think (as does the market) when consumers figure out they have been duped with "2 year payment plans" (same as a "contract") and exorbitant prices for their mobile device (that will do the exact same thing as one half or less the cost) it will become harder and harder for Apple (or any OEM) to maintain as robust annual phone sales and market share here in the US.

02-01-16 09:18 AM
    Maybe they won;'t hold value but still would hold value way better then android let alone BB. And application wise it is almost impossible to not find an app for iphone, and often see companies just support ios devices and nothing else. e.g. I use Wave accounting and they support just IOS nothing else. Then if majority of your friends use iphones, they use imessage and you are kind of left out from group chats etc...
    02-01-16 09:33 AM

And if they can eventually add some Blackberry "touches" it will be even better.
    02-01-16 09:58 AM
    I think the reason many want or think they need an "all touch" device is because that is what is marketed to them OVER and OVER. I see 4 phone hand set manufacturers marketing. Apple and Samsung of course, Nexus (LG and Huawaii) and the LG V10. That's it. Does anyone else see any other mobile handsets marketed commercially? IF Apple had a device like the Classic, Passport or slide out Priv could one imagine how cool and hip they could make them with the various functionality each has? Key shortcuts, track pad, toolbelt and hard and soft touch capabilities. Pinch to zoom on capacitive keyboard. Scrolling on the keyboard, HUB etc. etc. I of course won't go into who won what and why. We all know the outcome commercially but that has no bearing on the functionality of each device and how they can be used. Marketing creates buzz, coolness and desire. BlackBerry does not of that in mainstream media.

Too complicated for Apple. They keep things simple and marketable.
    02-01-16 10:00 AM

Posted via CB10
    The thread title asks about a Blackberry Android phone.
    02-01-16 10:01 AM
    Quite honestly I don't think older Apple devices will continue to hold value, if that matters with how frequent some turn over devices, compared to those that retain them and market saturation. An iPhone, until the 6s, has 1GB of RAM which is paltry by any standard. Apple's OS updates on pre '15 6s devices can and do have serious issues. (Google it) personal knowledge my friends iPad Air 2 bricked at the September '15 update and she took it to Apple and the device had to be wiped. (My dad will not update his iPad mini for this reason) I know and realize Apple just came off the most profitable quarter in their history but there are areas Cook is loosing sleep over. Their tablet sales are plummeting, the watch is just meh (don't they know younger people gave up watches due to their phones??) and they are late to the TV realm. The iPhone by revenue really is their bread and butter. What baffles me, having used one, is simply why? (Seriously) I think (as does the market) when consumers figure out they have been duped with "2 year payment plans" (same as a "contract") and exorbitant prices for their mobile device (that will do the exact same thing as one half or less the cost) it will become harder and harder for Apple (or any OEM) to maintain as robust annual phone sales and market share here in the US.

How is anyone else's Tablet sales going? More an indication of the overall tablet market....

As for smartphones, iPhones still hold their value better than any other brand. Regardless of 1GB or ram or not. But yes the end of the 2-year subsidy by carrier has changed how people look at buying phones and how long they keep them. Three and maybe four years might become the norm for some... thus greatly reducing the overall market for manufactures. But that has started to hurt Android OEMs and their flagships lines, more than it has hurt Apple yet.
    TgeekB likes this.
    02-01-16 10:14 AM
    How is anyone else's Tablet sales going? More an indication of the overall tablet market....

As for smartphones, iPhones still hold their value better than any other brand. Regardless of 1GB or ram or not. But yes the end of the 2-year subsidy by carrier has changed how people look at buying phones and how long they keep them. Three and maybe four years might become the norm for some... thus greatly reducing the overall market for manufactures. But that has started to hurt Android OEMs and their flagships lines, more than it has hurt Apple yet.
    I agree. While all devices have issues (my iPad mini 2 updated to the latest software without issue) Apple has world class customer service which people appreciate. I'm not sure why some people seem to want Apple to fail.
    02-01-16 11:18 AM
    I really like the Priv form factor, but the price is to high. Bring the price closer to that $399 mark and I think that could be a winner. Unfortunately the Priv was still to high priced for me so I went another direction. I'm not saying that the price isn't worth it, just that I like the form factor and the market is competitive price wise.
    02-01-16 11:21 AM
91 1234