I was in Carphone Warehouse uk today and I was looking at the blackberry accessories section and I've seen a leather case that had 9020 on it, I can't remember exactly if it was 9000 and 9020 or 8900 and 9020, but it was definitely on the label.
    Is there a new bold size blackberry coming out? It's too late to go back now but can somebody else have a look?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-09 10:55 AM
    I was in Carphone Warehouse uk today and I was looking at the blackberry accessories section and I've seen a leather case that had 9020 on it, I can't remember exactly if it was 9000 and 9020 or 8900 and 9020, but it was definitely on the label.
    Is there a new bold size blackberry coming out? It's too late to go back now but can somebody else have a look?

The 9020 is the trackball version of the BlackBerry Onyx(9700).
    10-10-09 12:34 PM
    CX...is it safe to say that the 9020 will never go into production?

10-10-09 02:40 PM
    How can it not go into production when they have accessories out for it. RIM people must be having such a laugh on us, speculating so much on devices they haven't announced officially yet but at the same time they have leather pouches out for it. Yes, the pouch was rim's own not aftermarket.
    I'm starting to feel they're taking the **** out of us.

10-10-09 03:23 PM
    How can it not go into production when they have accessories out for it. RIM people must be having such a laugh on us, speculating so much on devices they haven't announced officially yet but at the same time they have leather pouches out for it. Yes, the pouch was rim's own not aftermarket.
    I'm starting to feel they're taking the **** out of us.

The Onyx was originally the 9020. They updated it, put in the trackpad, etc and made it the 9700. It's just the old number used to refer to this device. The cases and accessories should work for the 9700 just as well.
    Last edited by codito; 10-10-09 at 06:07 PM.
    10-10-09 06:03 PM
    So they have a case for sale for a phone that doesn't will never exist, that makes a lot of sense. Not saying it's not true but it just doesn't make much sense.

10-10-09 06:33 PM
    So they have a case for sale for a phone that doesn't will never exist, that makes a lot of sense. Not saying it's not true but it just doesn't make much sense.

It was the code number for the 9700 pre-trackpad. Any 9020 labeled accessory should work on a 9700, especially something as generic as a case.
    10-10-09 06:48 PM
    I know but that's not the point, if it would work or not. The point is they have a product for sale, in the shops for a phone that doesn't exist, they haven't announced or acknowledged to exist. It's like going to a car shop and seeing accessories for a car they haven't build yet or said they will build.

10-10-09 06:58 PM
    I know but that's not the point, if it would work or not. The point is they have a product for sale, in the shops for a phone that doesn't exist, they haven't announced or acknowledged to exist. It's like going to a car shop and seeing accessories for a car they haven't build yet or said they will build.

but it did exist
    10-11-09 10:39 AM
    For sale? Maybe I missed something.

10-11-09 12:00 PM
    No but it did exist as a testing device, even CX had one for a while. And those people probably wanted accessories while they tested it, and so RIM sold off the leftover ones that were labeled 9029 instead of 9700 to some wholesaler or something. I really don't see why you're making such a big deal.
    10-11-09 12:14 PM
    That might be true but that sounds very unprofessional to me. Time to get the new models out and stop messing about with numbers. Chose a number and stick with it, stop confusing people.

10-11-09 12:50 PM
    dont want to be a pain in the **** , CX states it IS the trackball version and not it was. I saw on here somewhere that the 9020 popped up at an upcoming devices list next to the 9700. So perhaps it will get a release.

Purely speculation of coarse
    10-11-09 01:07 PM
    Only time will tell

10-11-09 01:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD