PANIC and strife. All over one little wifi option. If you don't like it, stay with a bb that has wifi. Nuf said.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    THANK YOU!! At least someone is with me on this and not going ape sh1t over it.
    03-11-09 07:54 AM
    i refuse to get the phone without wifi regardless of how pretty it is. Doesn't impress me and I'll wait to see if they botch up the new curve when it comes out as well. If they do, in december, I guarantee I'm lookin for a new carrier! I've just about had enough of verizon locking or eliminating features that other carriers dont! Then to pay more while ur at it for that type of service??? No thanks!

Good CS isn't the only way to retain customers. Plus I live in NYC so signal is not so bad with the competition. I'm not afraid of a change in any way! Plus It'll save me money too!
    03-11-09 07:55 AM
    to the tread starter... one word!

T R A V E L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope that clears things up about the need for wifi on a world device!
    i don't understand your statement here. why not just get the global plan when going overseas? $69.99 Global Email Monthly Access Plans

i travel in the US and haven't have coverage issues.
    03-11-09 09:07 AM
    Okay, I'm not trying to be rude but...

COME ON...do you REALLY think Verizon gives a *you know what* if you leave over the whole WiFi issue? Cuz they don't....for every one of you that leaves Verizon...there is another two people just signing Contracts. So they aren't going to miss your $$$. Also they are NOT going to offer FREE WiFi on Blackberries because first and foremost they are Verizon and NOTHING they offer is really free...lol...secondly look at how many people would use that feature on their Blackberries if it was available...Verizon is not going to let all that potential profit just pass them by! That would be a stupid business move on their part!

I don't know it's kind of like people are arguing a mute point...cuz if the Niagara doesn't have WiFi...Verizon isn't going to add it just cuz you want it and they aren't going to miss you when you are gone...and if Verizon does offer WiFi on the Niagara I can almost guarantee you that it will NOT be a free service and that they will find a way to charge you for it somehow...and then you all will still be unhappy...so you all are pretty much in a "d*mned if you do d*mned if you don't" situation...

It just seems like all this "arguing" is getting a little redundant...that's all...

I don't care either way...I'm getting the phone regardless...the Unlimited Data Plan works just fine for me...
    03-11-09 09:08 AM
    i don't understand your statement here. why not just get the global plan when going overseas? $69.99 Global Email Monthly Access Plans

i travel in the US and haven't have coverage issues.
    If it comes to Sprint I'll get it regardless, but I think the poster's point was avoiding exorbitant international roaming charges. Not that Verizon would ever allow that, but I'm pretty sure that's where he was going with that.

03-11-09 09:15 AM
    If it comes to Sprint I'll get it regardless, but I think the poster's point was avoiding exorbitant international roaming charges. Not that Verizon would ever allow that, but I'm pretty sure that's where he was going with that.

yeah, that makes sense i guess. i'd probably just get the global email plan and a local calling card.

you could also get the phone unlocked i suppose and use a local SIM for calling.
    03-11-09 09:18 AM
    yeah, that makes sense i guess. i'd probably just get the global email plan and a local calling card.

you could also get the phone unlocked i suppose and use a local SIM for calling.
    With Sprint that wouldn't be an issue; I mean, the 8830 comes unlocked out of the box, so there's no reason to think that the 9630 will be different, but it's a pain in the a$$ to get Verizon to unlock their 8830, so I'm assuming it will be the same story with the 9630.

03-11-09 09:22 AM
    see, on top of the higher expense of verizon, then we have to worry about these misc. issues. Very frustrating!
    03-11-09 09:34 AM
    Okay, I'm not trying to be rude but...

COME ON...do you REALLY think Verizon gives a *you know what* if you leave over the whole WiFi issue? Cuz they don't....for every one of you that leaves Verizon...there is another two people just signing Contracts. So they aren't going to miss your $$$. Also they are NOT going to offer FREE WiFi on Blackberries because first and foremost they are Verizon and NOTHING they offer is really free...lol...secondly look at how many people would use that feature on their Blackberries if it was available...Verizon is not going to let all that potential profit just pass them by! That would be a stupid business move on their part!

I don't know it's kind of like people are arguing a mute point...cuz if the Niagara doesn't have WiFi...Verizon isn't going to add it just cuz you want it and they aren't going to miss you when you are gone...and if Verizon does offer WiFi on the Niagara I can almost guarantee you that it will NOT be a free service and that they will find a way to charge you for it somehow...and then you all will still be unhappy...so you all are pretty much in a "d*mned if you do d*mned if you don't" situation...

It just seems like all this "arguing" is getting a little redundant...that's all...

I don't care either way...I'm getting the phone regardless...the Unlimited Data Plan works just fine for me...

it won't matter a whole lot to verizon if I leave. But I can guarantee u that it will matter some! When u apply a tactic to one customer (in this case, not caring if ur VIP customer switches carriers), it goes in a domino affect. And businesses know this and rather to let it fall quickly, they don't take the approch your mentioning. So in essence, they do care! If one customer feels one way about a systemic issue, odds are others feel the same way. And even when CNET or boygenius or whoever make a review, I'm sure their disappointment in the lack of wifi statements hurt verizons bottom line and turn away customers. Same for the opinions that the reviewers leave behind about verizon being the strictest "LOCKDOWN" service of them all. Thats where one developes the rep that verizon has. So while me by myself leaving isnt going to change their entire policy, in the end, we have to just do it as we do in the voting booth. Vote our interest and hope that in the end others do the same. Then maybe things change for the better.

But regardless whether u believe this or not, one thing is certain! Doing nothing will certainly expedite ZERO change!
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 03-11-09 at 11:41 AM.
    03-11-09 09:39 AM
    Well, I will agree with you on that point... Silence is acquiescence... But... Oh look, a unicorn!

03-11-09 09:44 AM
    Well, I will agree with you on that point... Silence is acquiescence... But... Oh look, a unicorn!

if it bothered me that much i would change companies. complaining does nothing really. let the money talk.

i paid my ETF with AT&T on 2 lines because i was dissatisfied. i called a few times about my issues, gave it 4 months, then left wehn the issues continued.
    03-11-09 09:46 AM
    if it bothered me that much i would change companies. complaining does nothing really. let the money talk.

i paid my ETF with AT&T on 2 lines because i was dissatisfied. i called a few times about my issues, gave it 4 months, then left wehn the issues continued.
    Well, money talks, but never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups...

Just playin' y'all

03-11-09 09:49 AM
    Well, money talks, but never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups...

Just playin' y'all

eh, to each their own, i just can't get all upset over things that i wish were so. i don't think VZW is unaware of the customers wants. i thnk they must have their reasons.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 03-11-09 at 09:55 AM.
    03-11-09 09:52 AM
    When you place EV-DO side-by-side with high-speed WiFi, EV-DO is painfully slow. Don't get me wrong, I tether my Curve to my laptop when I'm not near an Ethernet jack or I can't get a sufficient WiFi signal in my dorm building, but if I can get a good WiFi signal, then I'll jump on it.

Asking why anyone would want WiFi when you have EV-DO is like asking why anyone would want cable/DSL when dial-up works perfectly fine.
    03-11-09 10:08 AM
    When you place EV-DO side-by-side with high-speed WiFi, EV-DO is painfully slow. Don't get me wrong, I tether my Curve to my laptop when I'm not near an Ethernet jack or I can't get a sufficient WiFi signal in my dorm building, but if I can get a good WiFi signal, then I'll jump on it.

Asking why anyone would want WiFi when you have EV-DO is like asking why anyone would want cable/DSL when dial-up works perfectly fine.
    i guess that's the thing. some people have the need for it and others do no. those that do are best to go to a carrier that suits their needs until VZW includes wifi on the BB; or any other feature they need.

i don't tether. i don't own a pc and so i do most of my internetting on my blackberry. the speed is fine for my use.
    03-11-09 10:10 AM
    i've moved up in the world and now use t-mobile.
    lawl

03-11-09 11:01 AM

communication is how we organize! Money talks, yes! But nothing wrong with money talking and communication to follow! Thats when u have a movement following the same idea...
    03-11-09 11:43 AM
    Wifi is not that important to me, but all of the "high end" devices like the iPhone and the Palm Pre have WiFi so it would look pretty bad if any phone that RIM releases does not have it, as well.
    03-11-09 11:54 AM
    Edit: Double post
    03-11-09 11:54 AM
    Wow lil ol me created this big of a fuss. While I still can't justify the fuss about not having wifi gps on the other hand I can. But I guess since 95% I'm with in the network it doesn't bother me the evdo speeds can be a little slow at times but I have to remember this isn't a full on comptuter. So it works just fine for me.

03-11-09 12:00 PM
    Wifi is not that important to me, but all of the "high end" devices like the iPhone and the Palm Pre have WiFi so it would look pretty bad if any phone that RIM releases does not have it, as well.
    your storm doesn't have it....
    03-11-09 12:00 PM
    I don't know it's kind of like people are arguing a mute point...
    I think you mean arguing a "moot" point. Close enough though!
    03-11-09 12:07 PM
    I think you mean arguing a "moot" point. Close enough though!
    LOL! Yeah...I knew I had slaughtered that word...darn homonyms
    03-11-09 01:16 PM

very true...
    03-11-09 02:00 PM
    you're storm doesn't have it....
    Oh, I know (obviously)...and that was a big drawback to the phone. If you read anything about the Storm, one of the "drawbacks" is that is does not have Wifi. It actually caught A LOT of flack for that. I dont want to see the Niagara go through the same crap when it is going to be a solid phone.
    03-12-09 08:10 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD