For VZW Tour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-09 06:06 PM
    I personally use and enjoy Sprint's GPS Navigation, but I doubt it's free.
    09-12-09 06:08 PM
    Nav4all.........?
    09-12-09 06:08 PM
    i been using amaze gps it's pretty good turn by turn directions voice... free
    09-12-09 06:22 PM
    Amaze GPS.
    09-12-09 06:36 PM
    google maps works fine for me

but thats prob bc i know areas well and just look at map to see where on street something is
    09-12-09 06:38 PM
    Yes recently did I highway trip and used the native bb Maps. It wasn't bad, but wasn't great either. I already have Google Maps as well.

I've been curious about amAze GPS too

Anyone try it but NOT like it?

09-12-09 07:39 PM
    Also here the link since it's not on App World last time I checked:
    http://wap.amazegps.com/

09-12-09 07:41 PM
    For VZW Tour.

I have used Nav4all and it wasn't bad for free. Google maps is a must also. It depends on if you are wanting turn by turn directions or just tracking of your location. Just be sure you are able to get whichever program to use your GPS being that you are on Verizon. I know in previous blackberries, the GPS was not accessible to anything other than Verizon's GPS program.
    09-12-09 11:03 PM
    AmazeGPS is IMO the best out of all the free GPS
    09-12-09 11:09 PM
    AmazeGPS is also supposed to have a Verizon version to hopefully help with VZW's GPS restrictions.

Nav4All also goes $$ at the end of the year.
    09-13-09 11:05 AM
    Can't get amazegps to work on alltel BB pearl
    09-13-09 10:54 PM
    Where is Nav4All obtained? Is it on App World? (I don't recall seeing it there.)

09-13-09 11:09 PM
    I have used Amaze for some time, I never really had a problem with it until last week. Went on holiday to Great yarmouth with the family. yeah great it got me there, but on the way back it lost it self. didnt know where the **** it was, tells me to take the next exit after i have just gone past the sodding thing.. so there for I HATE AMAZE. it about time tomtom bring some software
    preferably FREE lol... for the blackberries... before I got my 8900 I had a NOKIA N95 8GB, to quite honest I would rather have my old phone back, I really dislike the blackberries.. the only good thing about it is having free internet on it... other than that the blackberries are well and truly S**T

ANY Body want to swap for a nokia n95 8gb or higher...
    Please take this phone off my hands, its crap ... i am stuck with it until next year November 2010
    09-15-09 04:34 PM
    AmazeGPS is also supposed to have a Verizon version to hopefully help with VZW's GPS restrictions.

Nav4All also goes $$ at the end of the year.
    I just went to the Amaze site and there is in fact a series of verizon editions. I am downloading a Verizon/Tour Edition right now.

I am working at a client which is a straightforward 20 minute drive from my house. I'll try using Amaze on my way home tonight and see how it goes.......

[EDIT] The sound files that get downloaded.....do those go to the app side on the device or do they go to the card? Are they big?
    Last edited by jlb21; 09-16-09 at 12:44 PM.
    09-16-09 12:34 PM
    TelMap is good and you can get it free by joining the beta.

There is also Gokivo Navigator by Network In Motions (They are the ones that code VZ Nav).
    09-16-09 01:33 PM
    I played around with it in demo mode. My only "gripe", and that is in the context of I know full well this is a freebie and pretty neat in that respect, is this......

I wish when you navigate in "head up" mode that the street names and highway numbers and all were rotated to always be right-side up. You can get that in "north up" mode but that can be confusing too.....we'll see.

As safely as possible, I'll likely try both modes, with or without 3D......
    09-16-09 01:53 PM
    TelMap is good and you can get it free by joining the beta.

There is also Gokivo Navigator by Network In Motions (They are the ones that code VZ Nav).

Oh, I like the look of that program. Will it work on the Tour? It says only on the BlackBerry Bold and BlackBerry Curve 8900 but would it work for the others.......
    09-16-09 01:56 PM
    I like google maps, it works pretty well except for a few isolated incidnets. I recently got Amaze, but I havent gotten the chance to test it out. But just in case I have my garmin
    09-17-09 02:29 PM
    nav4all

d
    09-18-09 07:06 AM
    even with the free gps, am i gonna have to still have to some type of external hardware?
    09-21-09 05:44 PM
    I tried amaze on my storm but it says it the GPS can't find a satellite. Any ideas?

Edit, NM, I think I got the wrong version. Getting the right one now.
    Last edited by rcmike; 09-21-09 at 06:00 PM.
    09-21-09 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD