lol, speculation is fun.
    my thoughts exactly
    01-10-12 06:49 PM
    my thoughts exactly
    Except my portion wasn't speculation.
    01-10-12 08:49 PM
    5:30AM meeting? These guys are nuts!!
    01-10-12 08:59 PM
    The next series of BB10 phones will follow different letters, L, M, etc. Like what we have now with 89xx 90xx 98xx 99xx, etc.

It was the next logical step, instead of going to 10000.
    Makes sense:
    App availability for OS7 was just a big J, K
    Thinking OS6 was future proof showed the CEO's to be on a big H, I
    01-10-12 09:37 PM
    Good eye OP.

I'll take a stab and say L means LTE model?

I know there's been some news about some dropped models but it would be nice if they surprised the market with a non-LTE BBX phone (the rumoured ones that developers had access to) before the LTE ones came out. Anyone recently check if FCC running some tests on any mystery Blackberry phones? :P
    01-10-12 09:40 PM
    Good eye OP.

I'll take a stab and say L means LTE model?

I know there's been some news about some dropped models but it would be nice if they surprised the market with a non-LTE BBX phone (the rumoured ones that developers had access to) before the LTE ones came out. Anyone recently check if FCC running some tests on any mystery Blackberry phones? :P
    Milan was dropped and I say dropped because there really is no other word for it. However; it's foolish to think that form factor won't return in one form or another.

Colt never was a real phone but more of a conceptual design, so that really doesn't count as a "device".

All other devices are on like Donkey Kong, there "deaths" have been grossly exaggerated by morons and other idiots who perpetuate uninformed rumors as facts.
    01-10-12 09:57 PM
    I wonder if the calendar and contacts on the PB will be synced to the phone so there will be the same on both devices. I'd hate to have to keep two sets of contacts and two calendars
    01-11-12 09:38 AM
    I wonder if the calendar and contacts on the PB will be synced to the phone so there will be the same on both devices. I'd hate to have to keep two sets of contacts and two calendars
    Isn't that what we have now with Bridge?
    01-11-12 11:21 AM
    As much as I loved seeing the video walk-throughs, I couldn't help but feel awkward for the guy as he seemed to realize as he started doing it, that it wasn't a clean test environment, but his own live info.
    True. To be honest I don't think it would take too long to block or blur out all the information before they upload the video. They already do a little edit by adding the title screen so a quick black box over some emails wouldn't hurt.
    Just hope no one is childish enough to send spam to him or anyone else.
    Last edited by driftingstarr; 01-11-12 at 12:48 PM.
    01-11-12 12:39 PM
    hmm... looks like it said BBX/L-Series Status and Deliverable....

L for Launching of the Status and Delivery?
    01-11-12 02:43 PM
    L could be for limited. Maybe a limited os for other device makers.
    01-11-12 11:20 PM
    sounds to me like blaize has settled what l series stands for (in a vague way ) ...
    but what about the m series!!!!! lol
    01-12-12 12:29 AM
    M is probably mega series, or micro series.
    01-12-12 12:52 AM
    Milan?
    01-12-12 02:33 AM
    milan... thanks ... lol...
    that's one we know has existed to some degree...
    i'm think m might be a slider series or something...
    01-12-12 05:27 AM
    L=Lasagna
    M=Manicotti

Why have pasta with layers of meat when you can have pasta with the meat INSIDE?
    Maybe a reference to something being built into the OS vs an OS with a feature added on later?
    Last edited by drjay868; 01-12-12 at 08:35 AM.
    01-12-12 08:28 AM
    Are they back to using BBX instead of BB10? Personally I would prefer it if they were allowed to use "X" again instead of "10"...
    01-12-12 11:42 AM
    Are they back to using BBX instead of BB10? Personally I would prefer it if they were allowed to use "X" again instead of "10"...
    DevCon should shed some light onto that issue come Feb.

I think BB 10 is their backup name until they figured something else out.
    01-12-12 06:16 PM
    Could they get around the lawsuit for BBX by calling it BB-X? As in the roman numeral for 10?
    01-13-12 08:50 AM
    If you want to be more confused...

RIM motion denied in patent case

RIM wanted the trade commission to determine that the company's newest ZSL smartphone isn't subject to any eventual decision on patent infringement. RIM argued that if Kodak wanted to add new products like ZSL to the case, it would have to amend its complaint to include them expressly.
    Just some new in house designation?
    01-13-12 12:32 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD