What is BB Messenger? Is it text messaging? Can I send a BBM message to someone on a Samsung Galaxy?
    10-22-10 10:49 AM
    BlackBerry Messenger is unique to BlackBerry.

It has a lot of advantage over SMS/MMS messages and works with BlackBerry users all over the World.
    10-22-10 10:52 AM
    BB Messenger is for blackbery to blackberry messaging. Its like instant messenger for blackberry only. The good thing about it is anyone that has a blackberry can communicate anywhere around the world without incurring international charges such as international text messaging which could get very expensive. It uses the data plan tha you should currently have. Also the messaging is more secure compared to regular instant messaging. Another plus side about it is your not limited to 160 characters like text messaging. You can type a paragraph if you wanted to. Yes you could just use instant messaging apps but you have to remember to turn them on. BBM is always on as it is one of the services that runs when the phone is on so you don't have to worry about turning it on. Its also an easy way to communicate with people and not have to give out your phone number for texting. You can just give them your PIN NUMBER that is associated with your device. If you don't want to talk to them anymore just simply remove them from your BBM friends list and move on. You can also block them if you choose to never hear from them again. No stalking text messages or phone calls. I'm sure other people will chime in on this but, this is just to give you an overview.
    10-22-10 10:56 AM
    BB Messenger is for blackbery to blackberry messaging. Its like instant messenger for blackberry only. The good thing about it is anyone that has a blackberry can communicate anywhere around the world without incurring international charges such as international text messaging which could get very expensive. It uses the data plan tha you should currently have. Also the messaging is more secure compared to regular instant messaging. Another plus side about it is your not limited to 160 characters like text messaging. You can type a paragraph if you wanted to. Yes you could just use instant messaging apps but you have to remember to turn them on. BBM is always on as it is one of the services that runs when the phone is on so you don't have to worry about turning it on. Its also an easy way to communicate with people and not have to give out your phone number for texting. You can just give them your PIN NUMBER that is associated with your device. If you don't want to talk to them anymore just simply remove them from your BBM friends list and move on. You can also block them if you choose to never hear from them again. No stalking text messages or phone calls. I'm sure other people will chime in on this but, this is just to give you an overview.
    OK, clear now, thanks
    10-22-10 11:16 AM
    It also makes group messaging easier. For instance if members of you family have blackberrys you can create a group called family. This allows you to group chat. Plus (someone correct me if I'm wrong) but I believe you can share calendar updates as well.
    10-22-10 11:18 AM
    It also makes group messaging easier. For instance if members of you family have blackberrys you can create a group called family. This allows you to group chat. Plus (someone correct me if I'm wrong) but I believe you can share calendar updates as well.
    Calendars, notes, and pictures are all shared with your group... ... that is correct.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-10 11:54 AM
    Can I send a BBM message to someone on a Samsung Galaxy?
    One more thing I remembered regarding this question.

You can setup a non-blackberry number into BBM. However, you will not be able to use the BBM features with this person and you are still limited to the 160 characters. Basically it's still sending like an SMS text message. Just when you get a message from this person the BBM icon shows up and not the SMS icon.
    10-22-10 12:01 PM
    One more thing I remembered regarding this question.

You can setup a non-blackberry number into BBM. However, you will not be able to use the BBM features with this person and you are still limited to the 160 characters. Basically it's still sending like an SMS text message. Just when you get a message from this person the BBM icon shows up and not the SMS icon.
    I love BBM and BBM groups but I can't figure out what a PIN message is within BBM. When I choose the menu option to "PIN" someone it brings up a screen that looks like you're typing them an email. Any info on what PIN messages are and how they're different from but related to BBM? Thx ahead!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-10 06:07 AM
    PIN messages are a direct message to someone using their PIN number. It's sort of like BBM, but you can send to any BlackBerry PIN. In BBM, you can only have conversations with people who have accepted your friend request first.

I think PIN messages were around first, then developed into BBM with more IM-style features.
    11-15-10 07:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD