I keep reading about how BlackBerry is into the Internet of Things and that IoT is a part of BlackBerry's come-back. I haven't seen any advertising though for BlackBerry IoT products.

Where do they have their IoT stuff for sale? And what IoT products are they selling?
    06-21-15 07:51 PM
    Qnx, that's all I think for now

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    06-21-15 08:47 PM
    They are pretty much last in that category outside of automobiles.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    06-21-15 09:19 PM
    This is where it gets a little sketchy. You have them as part of this iot consortium, which is going to set the standards that will entrench them into iot. But. We are not sure how deep blackberry role is as of today or how much influence they will have going forward.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/...tfo/2014-05-22

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 09:39 PM
    I keep reading about how BlackBerry is into the Internet of Things and that IoT is a part of BlackBerry's come-back. I haven't seen any advertising though for BlackBerry IoT products.

Where do they have their IoT stuff for sale? And what IoT products are they selling?
    More on it.
    http://betakit.com/blackberry-announ...-iot-platform/

Security is the much needed curtain behind everything. So from project Knox to Nanthealth HBox.
    BBM for everything and of course QNX Internet behind almost every American made car.
    Is that enough for you?
    Man I can't wait for them to announce a Tablet for Business. THE Tablet for Business.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 11:50 PM
    More on it.

Security is the much needed curtain behind everything. So from project Knox to Nanthealth HBox.
    BBM for everything and of course QNX Internet behind almost every American made car.
    Is that enough for you?
    Man I can't wait for them to announce a Tablet for Business. THE Tablet for Business.

Posted via CB10
    I'm with you on the business tablet!!!

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    06-22-15 12:44 AM
    More on it.

Is that enough for you?

Posted via CB10
    They did, it was developed by Secusmart. Also how much revenue are they generating from all that automotive business? BlackBerry can barely keep BB10 plate spinning with current resources and appears to about be ready to let it fall on the floor and shatter if they build an Android phone. Chen is about to abandon BB10, he is just doing it in a way that he hopes won't make his existing business users abandon them from buying yet another BlackBerry project that the company refused to invest in to make successful.

Posted via Z30
    06-22-15 10:00 AM

1) Nanthealth HBox
    2) Many of the newer cars that use QNX will be now doing OTA updates... that is kinda IoT

But no BlackBerry is late to the IoT party.... there are manufactures that have been using the Internet to provide communication to remotely monitored and controlled devices for over a decade. The IoT has gotten big of late with all the consumer grade products that have come to the market. I really don't know of any of them that use any QNX technology in them. Verizon sells a number of business products to use with their networks and now most of you Cable companies are doing security/home monitoring and controls.

If QNX is part of a group working on standards.... they need to join a different group.
    06-22-15 11:57 AM
    Thanks for the answers folks!

I guess what I was thinking of as "IoT" is a bit different from what BlackBerry is doing. My first exposure to the term was from DIY electronics / maker movement places like Adafruit, who're selling components that let you build your own IoT stuff.

And of course I've seen stuff from other manufacturers... light bulbs and thermostats and door locks and home security etc. but was wondering where BlackBerry was in all that.

Cheers!
    06-22-15 12:54 PM
    Thanks for the answers folks!

I guess what I was thinking of as "IoT" is a bit different from what BlackBerry is doing. My first exposure to the term was from DIY electronics / maker movement places like Adafruit, who're selling components that let you build your own IoT stuff.

And of course I've seen stuff from other manufacturers... light bulbs and thermostats and door locks and home security etc. but was wondering where BlackBerry was in all that.

Cheers!
    Blackberry IoT strategy is B2B. There will be no Blackberry routers or home hubs. It will be in stuff like keeping track of fleet data, be the OnStar of Hertz, Avis etc, things like that.
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    06-22-15 01:37 PM