I seem to be stumped.....

There don't seem to be many good choices for veri+n.
    Storm. No!
    Curve. Seems nixe. Streaming video and a camera are cool.
    8830. Pretty cool. Although no ability to stream video and no camera kinda sucks.

I'm thinking about trading in my 8830 for a curve. Since I"ve only had it for a few days. But the curve seens too small for my hands
    So I guess I'm just looking for some advice.
    I only have the blackberry for its internet speed. And messaging style. And the applications. Nothing profesional. So yeah......idk.

If any one has any other ideas. I am willing to consider any and all advice

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-08 12:55 AM
    Go with your instincts and get a Curve. It's a workhorse with very, very few "issues." I love mine.
    11-29-08 12:59 AM
    So I ordered my 8830 over the phone. If I had all thr stuff could I switch it out at a store or do I have to send it in?

11-29-08 01:17 AM
    umm what? im confused. you mean to return your 8830?
    11-29-08 01:22 AM
    Yeah.
    I'm thinking about returning it. And trying out the curve.
    Worst case scenario. I get my 8830 back.

But do I go through the mail. Or can I return it at a store?

11-29-08 01:29 AM
    I'm a VZW customer as well- have to tell ya, I'm sticking with my Curve until the new 8900 models begin showing up.

Storm is WAYYY too unpolished at this point for my consideration. Maybe the second revision, but nope nope no way now.

So I'd say grab a Curve, slap in a few Gigs of memory and enjoy for awhile - I've had mine for about 3 Months now, and as the previous poster mentioned, it IS a workhorse that is solid, fun, does everything well.

-2 cents-
    11-29-08 01:31 AM
    Yeah.
    Probably what I will do.
    I have an 8 gig sd card.
    So that will do

And the 3.5mm headphone jack is great.
    But I've been wondering when the 8800s are coming. Because I had to trick them into giving me this update. I doubt I can do it again. Lol. But I will try and exchange this phone on tomorrow. Even though I ordered it over the phone. I will probably call and ask first.

11-29-08 01:49 AM
    I didn't like the Curve when I first begin looking at what vzw had to offer at the time. After tweaking and adding numerous 3rd party apps, I'm enjoying it. Only one out that's better is the Bold, but it's not offered by vzw.

11-29-08 01:59 AM
    Get a bold - best package by far. There were some horror stories on early ones and the os needed some work, but they're fixed now. Had mine for almost a month now & it's very stable and very capable.

11-29-08 02:20 AM
    Curve is a great phone. Get that if you want to stay Verizon

Not sure why people who don't own the storm are saying it is way too unpolished
    All the apps that weren't working at first (mySpace, google maps, etc...) are working just fine now.
    My Storm has almost no issues now... none with lag, none with apps.
    11-29-08 02:48 AM
    Well I'm gonna go ahead and trade my 8830 out for the curve. Hopefully that one will better suit my needs. Lol.
    I know the headphone jack, ability to stream videos and the camera will deffinately be a plus for me.

And I would hands down choose a bold if I could get it to work with verizon.
    11-29-08 01:49 PM
    I love my curve. This is my 3rd BB, I had the 7100 8700 and now my 8320 and I would not trade this for anything.
    11-29-08 03:04 PM
    I have had a 8330 for approximately 6months and love it more every day. It is a learning experience with these phones and their capabilities and with the help of all the people on Crackberry eveerything is GREAT. 8330 gets my vote
    11-29-08 03:11 PM
    If you don't need the ability to use GSM networks in Europe/Asia and your work allows you to have a camera, there is no reason you should get an 8830; an 8330 does all the 8830 can and more, with the exception of GSM networks.
    11-29-08 07:51 PM
    I've had an 8830, Pearl 8130 and a Curve 8330. So far the Curve gets the blue ribbon. Its fast, stable and reliable. I also have big hands and I have no trouble typing on it. Go for the Curve!!!
    11-29-08 08:20 PM
    Go for the curve I don't think that you'll regret it!
    11-29-08 08:41 PM
    The curve is a great choice. I love my curve 8330!!!

11-29-08 11:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD