Hey I am new to this whole BB thing. I am in college and I have heard alot of people get the Blackberry Curve, Pearl or Storm. I currentlny have the LG Dare by Verizon. I HATE the touch thing its horrible. I love love to text so is the storm a def no no then? I want a cheap phone which I know thats crazy to even thing I could find a great deal. What phone do I choose? I want a BB that is def up to date I don't want to get an older model just cuz its cheap so yeah I have know idea. I want to buy a cheap but get the most "bang for my buck" lol. Thanks for any help ~Ell
    10-19-09 11:13 PM
    The Curve is a very capable device and with some easy-to-do operating system updates, etc..i think you'd be quite happy with what the device can do and performance.

You can get one fairly cheap for $50 through verizon with a 2 yr contract. You may be able to get one cheaper off of craigslist or ebay; however, youre still going to have a pretty hefty plan per month when setting it up through verizon..figure 40 min voice plan, 30 required data plan, then insurance/messaging if you choose + taxes...my bill is around 90ish a month.
    10-19-09 11:19 PM
    Depending on where you live and if they have good coverage with Sprint, that's the cost effective way to go.

I was at the Sprint store today and they have the Curve for 29.99 with a 2 yr contract and the plan I have my BB on is 69 a month for 450 anytime minutes to landlines during weekdays, and unlimited everything else.

Cheap way to go, if your city has good Sprint coverage. The curve is a nice device I had one forever. Just dont go first and play with one of the berries with the newer OS and higher screen res,or you won't be spending 29 dollars.

Good luck!
    10-19-09 11:23 PM
    I am on the verizon family plan so I pay my dad pur month for the interternt. So is the curve up to date??
    10-19-09 11:26 PM
    If your on Verizon I would suggest the Tour or the Curve 8330. The Tour would be my first choice but it depends on your budget. If you don't like touch screen than forget the storm. I had a Curve and I liked the keyboard and was pretty quick with it but, I think the Bold/Tour keyboard is much easier to use.

Do you have an upgrade option with Verizon?
    10-19-09 11:29 PM
    I am a college kid too and it would be worth saving just a bit to get the nicer BB. As you mentioned you are not a fan of the touchscreen, so go for the Tour. I would buy the best you can afford. If the Tour is out of the price range, then get the Curve... I just do not think buying two year old is appealing!
    10-19-09 11:34 PM
    The Pearl Flip 8230 is on sale for 19.95 under a 2 year contract right now. That might be the way to go, BUT bear in mind that BBs require a 30 per month data plan. Which on the plus side is unlimited.
    10-19-09 11:34 PM
    Yea since I am on verizon w/ my fam I guess I'll go with the Curve. Any suggerstions on what sites or where to find a cheap pink phone like for $120 at the most? Or is that crazy to spend that little on it? Thanks for the tips everyone.
    10-19-09 11:38 PM
    i'd say go for one with full keyboard if you absolutely LOVE texting...the pearl is nice and small but i just can't stand the SureType and two friends who've had it aren't fans either...

i had the dare as well and switched back to my enV after about 6 months because I could not stand how i had to slow down to text on touchscreen and found myself using it as T9 vs. the full keyboard most of the time so i'd say stay away from Storm as well.

Just my two cents, oh yea i'm rockin the TOUR , but if your lookin for cheaper then that i'd go curve all depends on what else you want it to do
    10-20-09 12:15 AM
    try craigslist
    i got my storm for $200 and sure you can get pearl for "dirt cheap"
    10-20-09 12:20 AM
    Yea since I am on verizon w/ my fam I guess I'll go with the Curve. Any suggerstions on what sites or where to find a cheap pink phone like for $120 at the most? Or is that crazy to spend that little on it? Thanks for the tips everyone.
    VZW has a pink Curve 8330 and unless they're lying to me in the ads they send to me each month, you can get one for $49 right now... give it a shot, unless you can talk dad into getting a BB as well, because VZW has a buy-one-get-one on the Tour or they did the last time I checked, then dad gets a new toy and you get one for free!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-09 01:38 AM
    Or split the cost of one tour I bought mine and about a month later old man decided he needed one...took him in and split the cost now we both have bbs and he's on my plan, cheaper all around for both of us my plan is about 55 a month for unlimited msg n data plan

10-20-09 10:10 AM
    Check the marketplace here. I just sold a Curve for 120 shipped. Also check Craigslist.

10-20-09 10:11 AM
    You can also check out Ebay...that's where I got my Tour
    10-20-09 10:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD