How is it possible that some have extremely bad experience with their BB10 phones and some don't. How is that possible at all. My Z10 is not perfect but I do not have any serious sort of problems reported by others. My apps are working, phone maybe crashed 3 - 4 times since I own it and I am heavy user. I use this blackberry a lot. I can say that I almost sleep with the phone. I have many unofficial sideloaded apps
    I even have unofficial unlocked android runtime installed. So why is it that others have their phones crashing, apps not working etc and I do not experience the same problem. Is it possible that we have e users here who do not own blackberry at all and they just write those post to scar off potential buyers? These are the ssame phones. They all should work the same

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    11-21-13 12:34 PM
    So this is your first time using consumer electronics?
    11-21-13 12:35 PM
    How is it possible that some have extremely bad experience with their BB10 phones and some don't. How is that possible at all. My Z10 is not perfect but I do not have any serious sort of problems reported by others. My apps are working, phone maybe crashed 3 - 4 times since I own it and I am heavy user. I use this blackberry a lot. I can say that I almost sleep with the phone. I have many unofficial sideloaded apps
    I even have unofficial unlocked android runtime installed. So why is it that others have their phones crashing, apps not working etc and I do not experience the same problem. Is it possible that we have e users here who do not own blackberry at all and they just write those post to scar off potential buyers? These are the ssame phones. They all should work the same

sometimes its user error... and blamed on BB
    11-21-13 12:36 PM
    Because the quality of the apps is still quite poor, not just the selection but the quality of those that are available natively. The Flash Player is terrible on my Z10 as well, reminds me of how crap the Flash Player was on the PlayBook before they released a new version of the OS.
    11-21-13 12:36 PM
    some people have trouble tying their shoes so recurrent problems with even the best of technology is not a stretch

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 12:38 PM
    Because the quality of the apps is still quite poor, not just the selection but the quality of those that are available natively. The Flash Player is terrible on my Z10 as well, reminds me of how crap the Flash Player was on the PlayBook before they released a new version of the OS.
    Please tell me how the apps and the flash player on your BBOS devices are better...
    *Yawn*

Posted via CB10
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    11-21-13 12:38 PM
    So I guess you never ever ever seen any other products have completely different views. Go over to AC and see how many people report issues with their device and then those that say, I have no issues. Or imore. Or bestbuy.com or amazon and randomly pick a product. I mean my Lord.
    11-21-13 12:41 PM
    Everyone (not really), People views are different when it comes to almost ......anything. what might be a minor flaw to you might be a major flaw to someone else, thats just LIFE and the way each individual view certain aspects of LIFE.
    11-21-13 12:51 PM
    Is this thread really necessary?
    11-21-13 12:53 PM
    How is it possible that some have extremely good experience with their BB10 phones and some don't. How is that possible at all. My Z10 is not perfect and I have many of the serious sort of problems reported by others. My apps don't all work, phone crashed dozens of times since I own it and I am light user. I use this blackberry a lot. I can say that I almost sleep with the phone. I have no unofficial sideloaded apps
    and no unofficial unlocked android runtime installed. So why is it that others have their phones not crashing, apps working etc and I do not experience the same success. Is it possible that we have e users here who are paid by blackberry and they just write those post to trick people into buying? These are the ssame phones. They all should work the same

Interesting...see how it works when you flip things around?
    kbz1960, Saiga, scorpiodsu and 7 others like this.
    11-21-13 12:54 PM
    People have different needs and wants out of their BB10 devices. Based on their expectations and needs, their results and opinions will be different
    11-21-13 12:58 PM
    Mine is perfect. Sorry I lied, I don't own one.

Ok I outright lied. I don't think many are, yes possibly some but not everyone.
    11-21-13 01:11 PM
    There is a portion attributable to end user error.
    John Pawling likes this.
    11-21-13 01:13 PM
    Well - whether people enjoy the device or not is dependent on their needs, expectations, and preferences.

Whether people have issues with the device...statistical methods for process improvement can tell you that no manufacturing system is immune from defects that eventually make it to the end user (in this case, both hardware and software defects). If you're the one person affected by a defect that affects one in a million people, you're still going to be mighty irritated. Further, people that have problems are much more likely to post (seeking answers or venting frustration) than those who don't have problems, so you'll see an over-representation on a forum such as this one. It doesn't mean anyone is a liar.
    11-21-13 01:19 PM
    This is such an easily understandable issue. Despite the fact that a number of people have the same model phone (or anything for that matter) it is entirely possible that across that spectrum there will be a wide variety of experiences.

Why? Well let's start with the obvious:

No matter how stellar a device is, it is built by humans and is therefore susceptible to flaws. The same goes for software / apps.

I recall from a little while back an app that everyone raved about so I loaded it. I could never get that damn thing to work despite the best efforts of some extremely patient members who had the app and the very same device (I'm looking at you BlackLatino and ReneeBob ) Never did determine what the issue was but at no point did they or anyone else say, "Oh you must be lying" or "you must be making it up" or "you must not own the device" or incredibly idiotic "here to scare off potential customers...)

I guess that is a difference between now and then. Then people gave each other the benefit of the doubt and helped them where they could as a matter of course. None of this overwrought nonsense, and certainly none of this US vs THEM BS Now, we have these types of pointless divisions, wingnut conspiracies and seemingly perpetual umbrage.
    kbz1960, CMcRob, richardat and 4 others like this.
    11-21-13 01:33 PM
    Well I would be lying if I didn't say I love my Z10. Honest!!
    11-21-13 01:40 PM

This isn't really something specific to BlackBerry. Every mass produced product has a small batch of defcts that need to be repaired or needs a firmware update. New Iphones had camera and build issues, some Galaxy S4s had excessive lag, some phones have reception issues, Nokia Lumia devices had the camera rattle thing, the Z10 had the reboot issue. It's not people lying, its people reporting realistic issues and most of the time it only affects a small percentage of users. That applies to ALL consumer electronics, not just phones or a BlackBerry.
    TheScionicMan likes this.
    11-21-13 01:40 PM
    It's not people lying, its people reporting realistic issues and most of the time it only affects a small percentage of users. That applies to ALL consumer electronics, not just phones or a BlackBerry.
    And one other thing to consider is that small unhappy percentage is the more vocal.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-21-13 01:45 PM
    So what you are asking is why doesn't everyone in the world have the same viewpoint as you?
    11-21-13 01:49 PM
    I think the problem is that inflamatory subject titles get more responses. If someone posts, "Z10 Reboot Issues", people will respond to say they're having the same issue or not. If someone posts, "Z10 is the Worst Phone Ever!" and the text body talks about reboot issues, people will respond to say they're having the same issue or not *and* some people will defend/attack the Z10 in general. The tread stays alive longer and trends.
    11-21-13 01:53 PM
    I've had a Z10 since day one (early Feb 2013)....I'm now a proud owner of a Z30 (I've had it for about 4 weeks). I have not once, ever...ever ever ever had my phone crash, reboot on it's own, problems with apps (I have about 10 sideloaded apps). Both my Z10 and Z30 have been flawless. I used my Z10 as both personal and work phone, and is the same now with my Z30. I am a very heavy user. Constantly reading and replying to emails, viewing work files, use social media, BBM etc. I get a ton of work done through my BB. I agree that I really don't get how so many people have so many problems. I have never loaded a leaked OS, I've stuck with official stuff. My dad owns a Z10...never a reboot, never a problem, nothing. My co-worker owns a Z10and his wife the Q10....no reboots, no problems and he has a TON of sideloaded apps (about 40). The director and VP at my work have a Q10 and Z10 respectively. We talk periodically about BB10, and they have also said they've had no problems or issues. My buddy who has a corporate Z10.....same thing, never a problem, no reboots.

From all the people I've spoken to who owns a BB10 device, all of them have said they have been flawless and they've all said BB10 is the best phone they've ever owned. 3 of them came from iphones as well.

I have no idea why so many people claim to have problems. I have yet to talk to anyone who have had issues as described in these forums. That does not mean people are not having problems, as I'm sure they are. Just my experience seems to be very different than a lot of others.
    anon8091350 and krackerjack69 like this.
    11-21-13 01:55 PM
    I don't have any terribly major issues with my Z10 but I do believe that many in here exaggerate certain things with BlackBerry products whether it's good or bad.

For example, I have NO IDEA how people used to claim they were getting 12-14 hours of battery life from their Z10's. Lol I call BS on that. My battery struggles to make it past 6-7 hours. Thank god I have the external battery pack cause I don't find the battery life acceptable especially when I'm mostly just surfing the web and listening to music

Posted via CB10
    h20work and kbz1960 like this.
    11-21-13 01:56 PM

Please give it a rest with the conspiracy theories.

The software systems on these devices are huge and complex. A users experience will be highly dependent on their location, application profile and data usage.

On average, the device hasn't delivered and, therefore, word of mouth hasn't marketed the device for them.

Please stop making excuses and face the reality of the situation.
    11-21-13 02:02 PM
    I don't have any terribly major issues with my Z10 but I do believe that many in here exaggerate certain things with BlackBerry products whether it's good or bad.

For example, I have NO IDEA how people used to claim they were getting 12-14 hours of battery life from their Z10's. Lol I call BS on that. My battery struggles to make it past 6-7 hours. Thank god I have the external battery pack cause I don't find the battery life acceptable especially when I'm mostly just surfing the web and listening to music

Posted via CB10
    My phone goes from 650 am until 11 pm at night and that gets me down to 40%. My phone is on wifi most of the day at work with a good signal. I turned off data monitoring/collection.

when I am not at work on a weekend it will only last me about 8 hours until i hit about 20%.
    11-21-13 02:06 PM
    I wonder the same thing , it is very suspicious.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30.
    11-21-13 02:12 PM
120 123 ...