I'll do my best to explain this.

I have a corporate email account. However, I hate the interface and spam.

I have a gmail account.

I am currently using my gmail account to go out and get my corporate mail.

I have my gmail account set to imap.

However...

When I set up the push gmail account on the BB, it won't reconcile with the gmail account. For example, if I delete or archive a message on my desktop computer, it stays on the BB till I manually go and delete it.

Also, whenever I send an email, I get email back as a new email from myself. I do have the filter setup to block both my gmail address as well as my corporate address. I put the corporate address in my filter because I have my gmail setup to appear as if I'm sending it from the corporate one.

What am I doing wrong here? I've googled this over and over, and can't seem to find a solution other than to install the gmail app on my phone, which is just too slow between the time delay when gmail checks my corporate and when the gmail app finally checks the gmail server.

Help!
    11-20-08 10:00 AM
    11-20-08 10:13 AM
    Unfortunately there is no solution for your email reconciliation issue. You either set up the Gmail app on the BB and live with the delays, or you set up a BB-Gmail account and live with the synchronization issues.

With the first option, the BB and desktop Gmail successfully synch whenever the BB server talks to the Gmail server, which I think is about every 20 minutes.

With the 2nd option you get the Gmails immediately on the BB, but your BB and your desktop Gmail account will be out of synch and you will have to duplicately delete the emails.

Through a lot of research I have come to the conclusion that this is definitely BB's dirty little secret. If anyone has a solution I'd be very happy to know what it is, but I spent a lot of time trying to "fix" this problem, only to come to the conclustion that it's "FAD" (functions as designed).
    11-20-08 12:45 PM
    Use the Gmail app, instant synchronization, doesn't take up your memory space on your BB.
    11-20-08 02:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD