You don't even have a z10
    what is your point?
    are you saying there is no bugs at all?
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-12-13 06:54 PM
    what is your point?
    are you saying there is no bugs at all?
    I think you should wait before giving out what is being portrayed as a first hand opinion.
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-12-13 07:03 PM
    I think you should wait before giving out what is being portrayed as a first hand opinion.
    my opinion is first hand opinion.
    i have used the z10 even if i do not own it yet.
    And it is far from perfect. Bugs are there. and they will need to be fixed.

and i fully expect them to be fixed too. i always said that once it has been released there will be bugs found and we wont see BB10 in all its glory until a few updates have come this way.
    02-12-13 07:06 PM
    as a new forum member, sad to see the negativity and nitpicking.
    Some of you are spoiled little twa*s, many of you are great.
    I'm just happy to have my bb back and find this forum. Peace
    richardat likes this.
    02-12-13 07:11 PM
    Keep in mind, it has been said blackberry are using the forums to gain feedback, so most issues posted should hopefully be on a list to be fixed.
    Granted some of the threads are just pure moaning, but a lot have valid issues, and i think if blackberry can fix them sharpish, they can ahve an extremely strong contender on their hands.

for me all the issues i have actually come across, have been documented multiple times here, but they are also all fixable with a software update.

Once this baby learns how to walk, we will have a device that is up there.

honestly the only weak point i can see, is the lack of apps, but they should come, and blackberry can do nothing to speed that up.
    02-12-13 07:17 PM
    I am not an iOS or DROID user, but I am the "family IT" person and have to remedy issues with wife and daughters iPads, and both kids iTouches. I could write a book on all the stupid things/bugs/falicies in iOS. However I would never think of going on iMore and ranting.

What possibly posseses some pathetic chooch of a person to come on here just to say they are returning a phone they got the day before?

Coming on here to ask questions....sure....any normal person does this. If I was a bit disenchanted I would want to see what could be done to improve or see if there are work around to my issues. But coming on here and registering just to say you are returning a phone?......If that's not trolling or possibly a paid schill, I don't know what is.
    02-12-13 07:29 PM
    really!! I agree. Also...as much as I support bb....I want to be careful with my praise.
    I'm not getting any checks in the mail...so I don't want to work for free, so to speak.
    I want them to make a comeback but...my attitude is keep my praise in check.
    02-12-13 07:33 PM
    The Troll nonsense made me lose interest in the forums lately, actually, the negativity too. Now it's even worse after the Z10 release, but I just try to ignore it. Typically any users with less than 20 posts who write something that pisses me off I completely lose interest after a couple of words. I don't even know who the Matrix whatever person is, but I'm glad that passed me by! haha
    Maybe you need to judge people by the content of their posts. That's what I try to do. 1000 posts, 1 post, doesn't matter....what matters is what they have written. Not the fantasy attributions I assign to their motivation, or to their imagined background. Logic, and rational level-headed thinking are your friends people! If somebody with "20 posts" writes something that "pisses" you off, then those same words should elicit the same reaction from if they came from a poster with 4000 posts.

There certainly have been more new posters, who have posted something "negative" about BB in their initial posting. Just as their has been a big upswing in new posters posting something "positive" in their inital posts. Yet, the people who protest most hysterically to the former, don't acknowledge the latter.

No reactions are more histrionic than those of the extreme fanboy.
    joe.miller and JeepBB like this.
    02-12-13 10:58 PM
    You kinda have a point but also bb just released a new phone so users which have never been on crackberry are gonna join.
    Bla1ze likes this.
    02-13-13 12:15 AM
    Personally, I hate the word troll. Everyone uses it as an excuse to disagree. Don't like someones opinion, call em a troll -- that sure helps a lot. Even this thread is full of it. It's been said a billion times over and will likely be said a billion more.. If you don't like someones post, disagree with it or just don't like it -- ignore it. Nothing say you need to respond and feed into it. It seems MANY people can't manage to do this.

That creates an ongoing problem where some of the really great posters we have here are on occasion worse than those that are here only to cause chaos. If you think someone is 'trolling' then uhhh.. stop being baited by them and do the proper thing.. report post, ignore and move on.

Somewhere there is a witty comment about 'allowing others to drag you down with them' but I'm sure you all can put that together yourselves.

Also, if you're like the OP.. chances are you've made a silly similar comment like this:
    when is Crackberry going to do something about new foprum members? There shoudl be some sort of probationary period.
    You know what's bad about this? I keep all the reported posts for the CB forums... you know how many the OP has reported in their time here?

A grand total of two. The forums are soooooooo bad.. OP only felt the need to report something twice.

So OP, why don't you do the mod team a favor and start helping us solve the problems. As I've learned over 5 years time on these forums, those who make the most noise often do NOTHING to help the situation themselves.
    02-13-13 12:52 AM
    Omfg!!!!!!!!!! I got a like and a thanks from b1aze. Now that makes him and Michele! Just need, Chris, Simon, and kevin. Maybe a few others. Well b1aze hasn't replied tho. Tite.
    CrackBerry Kevin likes this.
    02-13-13 01:09 AM
    Be the change you want to see in the world forums.
    CrackBerry Kevin likes this.
    02-13-13 01:10 AM
    I like that... BE THE FORUM CHANGE
    02-13-13 01:16 AM
    OH, MY, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!! I have trying to get these results for about 2 years!!! Thanks kevin, michelle and b1aze. You guys are awesome and keep up all the great work. It's not going unnoticed!

What is with all the newbie posters?-537626_10151144272691814_669346278_n.jpg
    Michelle Haag likes this.
    02-13-13 01:29 AM
    It's tempting to ask for a posting limit, but I don't know what it would really achieve. Where do you put the limit? Do you count the number of posts, or the number of days that user has been here? Probably more headache than it's worth.
    Most messageboards do seem to require a minimum post count (usually only about 10 or so) before people can create a topic and given the fact that half of these topics are exactly the same as others if people have a genuine issue rather than a need to troll that might also encourage them to post in an existing topic that covered their query anyway or if they simply spammed a bunch of topics to hit that post level then that would also demonstrate their intent too.
    recompile likes this.
    02-13-13 04:18 AM
    hhhhhmmmm......few thoughts.....

Everyone had their first post, as someone so eloquently said.

Also, people may join CB after experiencing trouble with a device. I joined CB as a result of someone telling me about it at the Apple forum when I was having trouble with my 3GS. And my initial threads were full of angst and frustration and anger....all in the iPhone forum within CB. I didn't use the search button, I just posted. I was frustrated and looking for help and I just posted. I wasn't trolling. So let's not get into the frame of mind that someone with a new Z10 with 4 posts who is complaining about his experience is trolling.

As a potential Z10 buyer, I want to read new users' experience as much as experienced users. I want that because I want to read inexperienced users' unjaded viewpoints. Too often you have the ultra militant BB fanboy act as if BB10 and the Z10 is the saviour of humanity, or you have the posers who portray themselves as RIM employees who are clearly doing nothing more than reading a manual giving nothing but BB cheering responses. Whenever someone says anything that isn't a blanket universal approval for a device that is clearly lacking in fuctionalities expected in a BB, or questions BB's decisions in releasing this device in this manner, these ultra militant fanboys jump all over the criticism with unimaginable venom...I want to know what to expect. A new person with a new viewpoint might ask a question that forces a discussion; this is the reason in our releases I use three sets of groups when we test systems - users completely unfamiliar with the system, power users, and SMEs in interfacing systems. New users do CB a great service, as much as experienced users.

We can either embrace new users as healthy evidence that Z10s are out there, creating buzz, creating discussion, and being adopted or we can sit around and complain that new people are asking new questions and other new people are jumping in. I would rather see a post saying "I'm having trouble with my Z10...." than a post saying "I looked at a Z10 and bought an iPhone instead."

So....let's not assume trolls or conspiracies. I've seen CB members engage in some pretty nasty trolling behaviour here and elsewhere. The job of the community is to welcome and embrace and not to judge and disparage. And if someone gets a Z10 and decides it's not for him or her, that person did not just insult someone's mother or heritage. They decided against a phone. That's it. No huge drama.

Me? What I'm reading tells me that this device as is will not be one that I will plunk 600 bucks for. I will keep my 9900 until such a time as some of what I'm reading is addressed and I get my upgrade in June. This will be the first time since 2008 that I have not bought a new BB flagship at launch. And frankly, I am very grateful to all the newbies who are asking all the questions and bringing up all the issues that the diehard fanboys are dismissing.
    lcjr and Michelle Haag like this.
    02-13-13 05:08 AM
    having just left a thread where the first user had 1 post saying negative things about the Z10 Then there were 5 more immediate posters with no more than 4 total posts saying the same exact thing happened to them.
    Link to thread or it never happened
    02-13-13 05:30 AM
67 123