I appreciate that some are legitimate users but having just left a thread where the first user had 1 post saying negative things about the Z10 Then there were 5 more immediate posters with no more than 4 total posts saying the same exact thing happened to them.
    ..... when is Crackberry going to do something about new foprum members? There shoudl be some sort of probationary period.

Quite frankly, I'm stepping out as an established user here and saying that the forums are getting ruined.
    02-12-13 03:29 PM
    I'm not sure if you've heard, but BlackBerry released a new phone.
    02-12-13 03:32 PM
    ever since Matrix Loser, CB has been nothing but a Troll Feeding Frenzy

There is a lot of good news, but 90% of the forums are ****e.

no one searches, everyone bitches and nothing gets accomplished.. thats why i barely post anymore
    02-12-13 03:32 PM
    I appreciate that some are legitimate users but having just left a thread where the first user had 1 post saying negative things about the Z10 Then there were 5 more immediate posters with no more than 4 total posts saying the same exact thing happened to them.
    ..... when is Crackberry going to do something about new foprum members? There shoudl be some sort of probationary period.

Quite frankly, I'm stepping out as an established user here and saying that the forums are getting ruined.
    get those kids off my lawn!

One of the things the old-timers have to accept is that there are going to be a lot of new people who don't care about a) the history of this forum, b) those dusty old BB7 devices they remember their dad using before he got an iphone, c) the history of blackberry/RIM or d) what potential the hardware has in the future. All they care about is RIGHT NOW.
    02-12-13 03:42 PM
    ever since Matrix Loser, CB has been nothing but a Troll Feeding Frenzy

There is a lot of good news, but 90% of the forums are ****e.

no one searches, everyone bitches and nothing gets accomplished.. thats why i barely post anymore
    I remember that kid and seeing his posts everywhere (turned me off from CB). Did he get banned?
    02-12-13 03:48 PM
    I 100% agree with the OP. There should be a sticky for user reviews a and opinions from experience. Not a thread for each person. It's becoming like the "I'm leaving Blackberry" threads and there ended up being a sticky for that.There has been way too many new user accounts in the form of "Z10 review from gs3 user"..."z10 review from iPhone User". Usually start off "I'm not a troll, but.." usually it is their first post. Nothing nice to say. Needs to be in a sticky of user reviews. Don't know why these people haven't moved on if they have already returned their z10.
    walt63 likes this.
    02-12-13 03:58 PM
    The Troll nonsense made me lose interest in the forums lately, actually, the negativity too. Now it's even worse after the Z10 release, but I just try to ignore it. Typically any users with less than 20 posts who write something that pisses me off I completely lose interest after a couple of words. I don't even know who the Matrix whatever person is, but I'm glad that passed me by! haha
    walt63 and jesse_h like this.
    02-12-13 04:03 PM
    Simple fix: don't allow anyone with less than 50-75 posts to start threads. Between that and the 10-character-minimum post limit you'd weed out a good chunk of that foolishness...and encourage new members to actually use the search function to find answers to legit issues they might have instead of cluttering up the forums with unnecessary new threads.
    02-12-13 04:06 PM
    get those kids off my lawn!

One of the things the old-timers have to accept is that there are going to be a lot of new people who don't care about a) the history of this forum, b) those dusty old BB7 devices they remember their dad using before he got an iphone, c) the history of blackberry/RIM or d) what potential the hardware has in the future. All they care about is RIGHT NOW.
    Man, A, B, C and D all make me feel like a Ted Mosby of BlackBerry...
    02-12-13 04:07 PM
    The Troll nonsense made me lose interest in the forums lately, actually, the negativity too. Now it's even worse after the Z10 release, but I just try to ignore it. Typically any users with less than 20 posts who write something that pisses me off I completely lose interest after a couple of words. I don't even know who the Matrix whatever person is, but I'm glad that passed me by! haha
    i know what you mean, someone did a post of their Z10 downloading a boatload of apps at the same time, took less than two pages for it to turn into a pool of negativity and `ur a troll` etc etc, i remember the good ol days when ya needed 10 posts to make a new thread.
    02-12-13 04:07 PM
    Man, A, B, C and D all make me feel like a Ted Mosby of BlackBerry...
    nothing wrong with that, robyn had a red 9330 for a bit
    02-12-13 04:08 PM
    Look, I love the Z10, but it's not all sunshine and roses. It has issues that are causing people grief. They don't give a crap about your post count.

I'd rather see those posts bringing issues to light, even if some of the posts are duplicates, than a big Crackberry circle-****.
    02-12-13 04:09 PM
    02-12-13 04:10 PM
    I've seen nothing different, guess I'm not as overly sensitive as some.
    richardat likes this.
    02-12-13 04:11 PM
    Look, I love the Z10, but it's not all sunshine and roses. It has issues that are causing people grief. They don't give a crap about your post count.

I'd rather see those posts bringing issues to light, even if some of the posts are duplicates, than a big Crackberry circle-****.
    duplicates simply show the inability of someone to use the search functionality of the forum.

if they cant use search right, who knows if they are using the phone right? jus sayin
    02-12-13 04:11 PM
    The Troll nonsense made me lose interest in the forums lately, actually, the negativity too
    Same. I've definitely noticed that I have been checking the forums less
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    02-12-13 04:14 PM
    I've seen nothing different, guess I'm not as overly sensitive as some.
    Overly sensitive? There are daily rants by new people which have supposedly already returned their z10. They aren't looking for any kind of help or give constructive criticism for future updates. They are just ******** and complaining about the phone for no reason other than to do it.
    cjcampbell, ibpluto and jesse_h like this.
    02-12-13 04:15 PM
    Evreyone of us had a first post!
    JR A, Residing and chesterhall like this.
    02-12-13 04:20 PM
    As population grows, it's natural to lose some control. Due to human nature, the system loses control as more people enter. More mods can be added and rules reaffirmed to reduce the negative effects, but it will never be like the way it was when the population was smaller. This is something that needs to be accepted unless you wish to either: 1. purge the system 2. start a new system.

There are positives that come that hopefully outweigh these negatives:
    1. more information from more people. more sources of input
    2. more money or more power as a community
    3. more alternative viewpoints to bring depth to the conversation

My recommendation is to give the mods support for whatever they can do and don't stress about things you cannot control because the person who loses the most when you stress is you.
    CairnsRock, chesterhall and Bla1ze like this.
    02-12-13 04:20 PM
    Overly sensitive? There are daily rants by new people which have supposedly already returned their z10. They aren't looking for any kind of help or give constructive criticism for future updates. They are just ******** and complaining about the phone for no reason other than to do it.
    Exactly! Today is the end of day 7 of owning a Z10 for me and each day I'm still amazed by this phone. I'm not an tech-***** who doesn't know what I'm talking about either, I'm just not some entitled consumer while I'm at it! I see the flaws, but they are severely out-weighed in my personal opinion.
    02-12-13 04:21 PM
    I may be a noob but I'm working hard to get my post count up lol, I've been reading post more than anything till all the negative people started trying to ambush the site
    VanMtl and jesse_h like this.
    02-12-13 04:29 PM
    Yeah, while I've seen some activity I'd classify as "troll-ish", I also think it's great that we're getting new members of the community. It's growth, and I'll take it over the alternative.

It's tempting to ask for a posting limit, but I don't know what it would really achieve. Where do you put the limit? Do you count the number of posts, or the number of days that user has been here? Probably more headache than it's worth.
    02-12-13 04:32 PM
    Part of the problem as I see it, is the following:

1. Very little searches being done....ESPECIALLY by newbies
    2. Everyone wants to feel vindicated that their purchase was the right one, regardless of platform.
    3. Yes, there are trolls abound, but there are also many ignorant and rude people as well...not the same thing.
    4. People are taking things far too personally. Anyone who has spent any amount of time on forums ( I have, and
    have modded on many as well) knows that people get very brave sitting behind a keyboard. It's very easy to lash
    out at others, with very little repercussion. If they get banned, they just start up a new profile.

There are many other factors, but in my opinion, these are among the most prevalent.

Solutions? Well, how about a few suggestions to users, new and old :

1. You get what you give. Give respect, and you will more often than not, get it back.
    2. Don't be quick to put someone down for their purchase, or mistake...just because they have something different,
    doesn't mean it's better or worse.
    3. SEARCH. SEARCH. SEARCH. Did I say search? I have found many answers by searching the keywords I am
    looking for.
    4. Don't start slamming other platforms...it's a great way to make enemies on a site like this. There is nothing wrong
    with pointing out differences between devices and OS platforms, but stop the "your OS is garbage" type of comments.
    Those comments will inevitably bit you in the **** when the OS you just dissed introduces a feature better than yours.
    5. Show some appreciation for the time and effort many people put it here to post good, useful reviews, information, tips,
    tricks, and take the time to thank/like their posts of threads.

Again, there are many things I could say here, but I think these are the most important to me.

As for management, please help make it crystal clear to newbies as to what's tolerable and what isn't. Maybe some of the
    rules and guidelines in the sticky's need to be re-posted from time to time as a reminder to all, new and old.

This isn't rocket science by any means...just manners and respect.

Game on.
    02-12-13 04:40 PM
    Can't agree more...they aren't happy about their purchase, and they want someone else to blame besides themselves.
    02-12-13 04:43 PM
    If BlackBerry is going to take back the mobile market, then we must take the good with the bad.

For every "troll"/disgruntled new BB10 user out there, there are several happy BB10 customers that have either moved from legacy OS, Android, Windows, or iOS and now have found a happy home with BB. It's no different than when Android/iOS took off 3-4 years ago and people who moved from BB kept whining about X Y Z that their Android/iOS device couldn't do, but look at where those platforms are now.
    02-12-13 04:45 PM
67 123