Uhhhh... No. The fact that something sells better than something else is NEVER (EVER) *proof* that that the better selling thing is a better quality product.

While it's clearly possible for the better selling product to be better than the poorer selling one, to suggest that sales are proof of superior quality is completely logically indefensible and stands in the face of countless examples to the contrary.

CB10 : Z10 STL100-3 10.2.0.1803
    Tru dat! By those standards, ford must be tons better than McClaren

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1925 O2 UK
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    01-10-14 03:33 AM
    Ohhhh.... don't remind us of the strategic review announcement!

I still get comments from family and friends who just assume BlackBerry went out of business... and this is in Canada! It's not their fault at all for believing this though. If I wasn't a BlackBerry fan, I might have assumed it as well.
    Maybe I'm the exception but. I wasn't a BlackBerry fan at all until I've seen the Z10 and bought it in February.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-10-14 03:34 AM
    It's really only the Hub, brand loyalty and national pride. I've used Swype and I find it equal to the BB10 keyboard, and probably would be better if I practiced extensively with it - people type very fast with it. The specs on these phones are also quite low. The camera is quite subpar when compared to some of the other flagships, at least on the Z10. Without the continuous improvements in sideloading via 10.2.1, I would have abandoned BB10 long ago.

The hub I will say I have not found a replacement for on iOS or Android, but I'm not an expert in either so an alternative on those OS might exist (if so, please enlighten me). But for the time being, it really is a far superior way of handling notifications and messages than what is built-in on those operating systems, and its advantages outweigh the minor hassle in sideloading necessary apps for my use since I respond to all kinds of notifications on an hourly basis with it. I have an Android tablet and an older iPad, and I find its native email app horrible obtuse and difficult to understand, while the hub email on BB10 is fluid, intuive and pleasant to use. To me, the whole OS is built upon the Hub and is its main selling feature.
    01-10-14 01:19 PM
    I've learned that debating smartphone choices is like trying to convince someone their baby isn't cute. Some people are so close minded that they hear "BlackBerry" and immediately stop listening.
    Posted via CB10
    Winning comment of 2014 so far.
    01-10-14 01:40 PM
    In this case, it is. Sales determines nothing more than what was purchased. It's rather poor for measuring someone's personal preference. Example: Windows, OSX, and Linux. Windows sells the most, Linux is free, Mac users are fiercely loyal for the most part. So how would you measure "better" there using sales?

It's been oft-observed that BB10 isn't being well-promoted, yet everyone knows about iPhones and HTC, Samsung, etc devices because ads and sale people make sure the customer knows about it. People buy what they know about or are convinced to buy.
    This makes no sense at all. You need sales to remain relevant its a direct correlation between having a good os or not. Sales are the only thing that tells us what people are buying and continue to repeat buy. I don't know why you would think different. Can a product really be better and not have the sales? No the market speaks for itself and if you want to blame marketing or BB or lack of apps be my guest but sales should be considered of how good a product is. Its either 5 million bb10 owners are right or billions of other platform smartphone owners are. What makes a good product good? I would say sales is the determining factor? Wouldn't you?

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    01-10-14 11:54 PM
    Keyboard. Speed, bbm android a d iPhone bbm water down. Email client, hub us sweet too

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 12:55 AM
    This makes no sense at all. You need sales to remain relevant its a direct correlation between having a good os or not. Sales are the only thing that tells us what people are buying and continue to repeat buy. I don't know why you would think different. Can a product really be better and not have the sales? No the market speaks for itself and if you want to blame marketing or BB or lack of apps be my guest but sales should be considered of how good a product is. Its either 5 million bb10 owners are right or billions of other platform smartphone owners are. What makes a good product good? I would say sales is the determining factor? Wouldn't you?

As I said, sales determines what is SOLD. Sure there's some preference that drives it, but it doesn't determine WHAT IS BETTER. That's up to those little neurons running through every person's brain that light up when something excites them. Are you seriously going to say that a Corolla is better than a Ferrari or a Mercedes? They certainly sell more. Or how about Betamax fans? There's no sales at all. Or how about Starbucks vs the little coffee joint in the corner? Who's got the better coffee? Must be Starbucks because they sell more, no matter that everyone going into that little cafe refuses to go back to Starbucks after they've tried the little store's brew.

No. Sales cannot and will not determine anyone's opinion. Just because something sells more doesn't make it "better"; it just means it sells more.
    lazypapichulo21 likes this.
    01-11-14 02:11 AM
    Also, quite often, Sales is driven by the quality and quantity of marketing. There are other factors too, such as interdependence of devices and services, a classic example is how Microsoft virtually managed to shut down Netscape by giving Internet Explorer away within windows and how the same was done to Microsoft by Sony. Blu Ray is widely considered inferior to HD-DVD for a number of reasons, including no regional coding and also, HD-DVD had internet related content way before Blu Ray. There was also the fact that at the time, HD-DVD was a single format, but there were two or three versions of Blu Ray firmware. Blu Ray won by the simple fact that you had to pay for the Microsoft XBOX 360 HD-DVD player and the PS3 came with Blu Ray built in. Netscape Navigator was the best browser at the time and HD-DVD was the best optical format at the time. They both lost. Most people are completely unaware of BlackBerry 10. Most people are totally aware of IOS and Android. This OS is ready for prime time when 10.2.1 becomes official. Will it have the relevant marketing behind it? Time will tell.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1925 O2 UK
    01-11-14 03:07 AM
    With 10.2.1 you can install almost any android app direct from a store app. I feel this integration will soon be easily available to the stock OS. Personally, I don't understand what makes iOS and Android better than BB10. I have an iPad for the large screen and Netflix; if I had to be productive on it, it would drive me insane.
    Is this leak available to BlackBerry Q10 users. If so I can I get my hands on it

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 05:49 AM

That's not true. Sales is not just an indicator of how good a product is, it's also an indicator of how well a product is marketed, and how well the product satisfies the needs/wants of the marketplace.

I suppose everyone needs to agree on what "good" means. If it means relative quality level, my argument stands. Classic examples of technologies that were better than the alternatove but didn't outsell them are beta vs. VCR, and OS2 vs. MS Windows.

BTW- the market is not always rational, it often over values or undervalues a commodity or security.

Via CB10 & Z10 or Q10
    01-11-14 09:53 AM
    That's not true. Sales is not just an indicator of how good a product is, it's also an indicator of how well a product is marketed, and how well the product satisfies the needs/wants of the marketplace.

I suppose everyone needs to agree on what "good" means. If it means relative quality level, my argument stands. Classic examples of technologies that were better than the alternatove but didn't outsell them are beta vs. VCR, and OS2 vs. MS Windows.

BTW- the market is not always rational, it often over values or undervalues a commodity or security.

Via CB10 & Z10 or Q10
    Well said, IMHO.
    james pisano likes this.
    01-11-14 08:09 PM
    Is this leak available to BlackBerry Q10 users. If so I can I get my hands on it

Posted via CB10
    I'm pretty sure it is. Just install the leak and sideload a program called Snap (Which acts like an android store).

One thing thing is paid apps are only available through amazon to my knowledge.

I hear a rumor that android apps will be coming to bb world eventually too.
    01-12-14 09:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    Links available in the OP.

Lengend presents 10.2.1.1925 for all Q and Z.
    01-12-14 10:47 PM
    Iphone is fit to those who wants an answer as yes or no, (easy lifestyle)
    Android is fit for those who wants some experimentation on their phone ( easy to root )
    Blackberry is fit for those who wants both.
    01-21-14 09:59 AM
    To the OP, the question should be, what makes Blackberry BB10 worse than the competition, that should be the true question. BB gets a lot of bad press and the general public thinks these phones are old technology, bad phones, etc. When people ask me if I regret buying a Blackberry I always ask why, and they respond with, "iOS/Android is better and BB is going to fold, etc, etc". I respond with, "have you ever used this phone? Why do you think it's a bad phone, then I mention to them that I own several iPhones and top Androids and choose to stick with my Z30, the best phone I've ever owned". I show them a bunch of things on the phone and tell them how long my battery lasts and they are amazed that BB's could do that. Most of those people have never even heard of BB10, so again, what make BB10 worse than the competition? Someone please answer this, because I don't have an answer.
    james pisano likes this.
    01-21-14 10:18 AM
240 ... 8910