That would have even less of a chance / future.
    I'm not agree with your opinions guys about win mobile. BlackBerry ecosystem is really dead, but with a better immulator who knows ? And windows mobile is not dead. It slowly take of and in mean time Microsoft fully support it.
    02-03-17 04:23 PM
    Microsoft is now betting for windows on surface and office's extension device with hp and alcatel just for name those.
    02-03-17 04:27 PM
    And by the way I've take those OS because it already exist, the dual boot could be BlackBerry OS / Windows 10...
    Even if someone was interested in producing such a device, the big problem would be drivers. BB10 drivers only exist for two very old chips. I doubt there are Windows 10 mobile drivers for those chips.
    franqueb likes this.
    02-03-17 04:39 PM
    I'm not agree with your opinions guys about win mobile. BlackBerry ecosystem is really dead, but with a better immulator who knows ? And windows mobile is not dead. It slowly take of and in mean time Microsoft fully support it.
    I never said anything about Windows. In any event, a better emulator for BlackBerry isn't going to happen either so the debate about using BlackBerry/Windows instead of Android/Windows is pointless. I get you were just trying to show an example but in either case, it's just not in the cards. But whatever, carry on.
    02-03-17 04:39 PM
    I want a windows lumia phone now. Whatever happened to those $30 lumia 640s?

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
    02-03-17 04:44 PM
    So put two dead ecosystems together to form a mega corpse?
    Lol
    02-03-17 06:21 PM
    I want a windows lumia phone now. Whatever happened to those $30 lumia 640s?

If I could advise you, you should buy a if you can afford it a lumia 830 , lumia 930 or a lumia 640xl.. Those have Better camera and hardware than the basic low end phone you plan to buy.
    02-03-17 06:37 PM
    Hm... 830 looks decent. Good battery life and removable, great camera, swype-like typing, windows 8.1, nano Sim and at&t usable. I want one.

Then, I'll have bb7, bb10, android, iOS, and windows. Covered all bases. Well, except palm webOS which is like rotting zombie dead.

02-03-17 08:00 PM
    And by the way I've take those OS because it already exist, the dual boot could be BlackBerry OS / Windows 10...
    MS's license also prohibits shipping phones that dual-boot - just like their computers always have. Sure, on a computer, the end-user can install a second OS if they like, but their hardware partners are not allowed to sell machines that dual-boot, and never have been able to do so. Obviously, it's a whole lot harder for end-users to install alternative OSs on mobile devices...
    franqueb, Ronindan and stlabrat like this.
    02-03-17 08:00 PM
    Hm... 830 looks decent. Good battery life and removable, great camera, swype-like typing, windows 8.1, nano Sim and at&t usable. I want one.

Then, I'll have bb7, bb10, android, iOS, and windows. Covered all bases. Well, except palm webOS which is like rotting zombie dead.

Yes the lumia 830 is and overall good phone with good camera and standby mode.I have use it over a year. Now my girlfriend use and give me her Passport.
    For the lumia 830 the best protection case that is not too much deguish this thin and light device is the MPERIO snaps in black. To order in pair. Because the case when snaps, it is snaps for done. You better cut the case than broke the phone. The clear version is different in feel and too slippery.
    02-03-17 08:29 PM
    "What about a dual boot device(Android- Windows)?"

Though it's already been answered and explained well in the thread by others, it can't happen. They have to choose one or the other, with Android (unfortunately IMO) being the one they chose for present and future handsets. They could make BlackBerry variants running pure Windows 10 Mobile, but BlackBerry explained last year that they have no plans to do that.
    franqueb likes this.
    02-03-17 08:50 PM
    MS's license also prohibits shipping phones that dual-boot - just like their computers always have. Sure, on a computer, the end-user can install a second OS if they like, but their hardware partners are not allowed to sell machines that dual-boot, and never have been able to do so. Obviously, it's a whole lot harder for end-users to install alternative OSs on mobile devices...
    I guess some BB fans forget that Windows 10 Mobile is as restricted as IOS.
    franqueb likes this.
    02-03-17 08:55 PM
    Op, may be you should move your post to microsoft website instead of crackberry? I am sure you will have more "enlightening" opion from MS fan. Croid+window, appear to be a bit far from Crackberry... both in term of hardware and software (as well as it on your mind of all those chinese stuff few of us never heard about - illegal things can not sale outside their boarder... irrelevent to majority of us here IMHO).
    02-05-17 09:22 AM
    The thing is that how many would actually want this, other than you of course? The percentages would be so small, why would anyone want to put the effort into doing this or providing any type of marketing for it? People want their phones simple, they want what their friends are using. The average person isn't going to walk up to someone they know and say "I can dual boot my phone, does yours" Most likely you will get 'that' look and a response of who cares?
    02-05-17 09:37 AM
    Nope.

BlackBerry discusses the future of BB10 - MobileSyrup.com

What if BB10 were to be merged with Android somehow? Or could a dual-boot scenario work, similar to how Apple had supported Windows with its Boot Camp software for Intel-based Macs?

“It is an order of magnitude more complex than Boot Camp on a Mac. I wouldn’t say we haven’t looked at that as a potentiality, but it’s a very complex project, so I’m not in any way saying we are pursuing it,” [Alex Thurber, senior vice president for global device sales at BlackBerry] says.
    stlabrat likes this.
    02-06-17 09:46 AM
40 12