Should BlackBerry mobile division offer dual boot device(ANDROID-Windows) in the future?

For me the answer is yes!
    What about yours?
    02-03-17 11:29 AM
    nope, against the rules.
    02-03-17 11:34 AM
    nope, against the rules.
    What do you mean?
    02-03-17 11:37 AM
    What do you mean?
    You wouldn't be permitted to use Google Play Services and apps if you aren't running pure Android.
    stlabrat likes this.
    02-03-17 11:46 AM
    You wouldn't be permitted to use Google Play Services and apps if you aren't running pure Android.
    Are you sure!? Because they're many micro computer devices offering that.
    02-03-17 12:00 PM
    Are you sure!?
    Yes.
    02-03-17 12:02 PM
    No cause BlackBerry does not have a Mobile division.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-17 01:10 PM
    Are you sure!? Because they're many micro computer devices offering that.
    Are you talking about certain Chromebooks, those are the only licensed laptop devices that have a license to the Playstore. If you are talking about BlueStacks and other emulators those aren't supported by Google.
    02-03-17 01:26 PM
    Are you talking about certain Chromebooks, those are the only licensed laptop devices that have a license to the Playstore. If you are talking about BlueStacks and other emulators those aren't supported by Google.
    I had in mind

Pipo X8 or X9

Elephone Vowney

Or this

http://m.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_...6bQBoCz0zw_wcB
    02-03-17 01:56 PM
    All of those devices are running against the rules. Reputable companies can't play in the cheap Chinese market like that. Most of those devices are 'sell and forget' meaning they'll sell em to you and you'll never get any updates and that's to say nothing about the versions of Android they come loaded with.
    stlabrat likes this.
    02-03-17 02:07 PM
    There are a few Chinese companies that bend the rules..... with Windows 10 and a "version" of Android on them. Never seen a newer version, most are 4.4.4 or 5.1, or some special in house version.

I taught about getting one myself, but after reading some of the problems that users have with these... I decided to just go with a full Windows Tablet.
    franqueb and stlabrat like this.
    02-03-17 02:12 PM
    All of those devices are running against the rules. Reputable companies can't play in the cheap Chinese market like that. Most of those devices are 'sell and forget' meaning they'll sell em to you and you'll never get any updates and that's to say nothing about the versions of Android they come loaded with.
    The your answer seem nothing more than your opinion. Sorry, I respect it but...
    02-03-17 02:24 PM
    Bla1ze is correct.
    02-03-17 02:26 PM
    There are a few Chinese companies that bend the rules..... with Windows 10 and a "version" of Android on them. Never seen a newer version, most are 4.4.4 or 5.1, or some special in house version.

I taught about getting one myself, but after reading some of the problems that users have with these... I decided to just go with a full Windows Tablet.
    I've seen a win 10/ android 6 version! It was a Vowney device.
    02-03-17 02:27 PM
    OHA rules are specific. Only pure Android devices are eligible for Google Play Services and apps.

You can bring up as many illegal, non-compliant products as you wish.
    02-03-17 02:31 PM
    That was not my point anyway, I was suggest a maybe in future avenue... or possibility that can be popular.
    02-03-17 02:39 PM
    BlackBerry isn't some sweatshop in Shenzhen, so that precludes any sort of dual boot like the one you're describing.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and stlabrat like this.
    02-03-17 02:40 PM
    That was not my point anyway, I was suggest a maybe in future avenue... or possibility that can be popular.
    "Keep on moving.". Yeap!
    02-03-17 02:41 PM
    It wasn't my opinion. It's based on the reality of the situation. The dual boot options were squashed like 3 years ago now - https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014...droid-devices/ and again, only those ignoring the rules are doing it. No one cares if some Pipo or CHUWI get sued into oblivion, they'd be back up and running the next day with a new name producing junk tablets. BlackBerry, Asus, Huawei though, those are huge brands that matter to the industry with a lot to lose and therefore, they play by the rules.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and stlabrat like this.
    02-03-17 03:02 PM
    What rules? Enforceable by who? And what if the phone maker doesn't want the Google appstore anyway? He could still use android open source, yes?

Just wondering... far easier just to carry two separate devices, IMO.

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
    02-03-17 03:17 PM
    What rules? Enforceable by who? And what if the phone maker doesn't want the Google appstore anyway? He could still use android open source, yes?

They could freely use something based on Android Open Source Project, although it's not much of a draw without Google services.
    02-03-17 03:19 PM

All Android ODM besides whomever made the Amazon phone have ties to Google, thus Google makes the rules by only allowing licenses to the Playstore to those who follow its rules. You can make an Android phone without Google but to whom would you sell it. Google partners who sell to China already have extremely affordable phones for that market. Any individual user can load a multi-boot custom rom to a supported device and go without Google authorization but we are talking about companies here who want to exist to make a profit.
    02-03-17 03:23 PM
    It wasn't my opinion. It's based on the reality of the situation. The dual boot options were squashed like 3 years ago now - https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014...droid-devices/ and again, only those ignoring the rules are doing it. No one cares if some Pipo or CHUWI get sued into oblivion, they'd be back up and running the next day with a new name producing junk tablets. BlackBerry, Asus, Huawei though, those are huge brands that matter to the industry with a lot to lose and therefore, they play by the rules.
    And by the way I've take those OS because it already exist, the dual boot could be BlackBerry OS / Windows 10...
    02-03-17 04:05 PM
    And by the way I've take those OS because it already exist, the dual boot could be BlackBerry OS / Windows 10...
    So put two dead ecosystems together to form a mega corpse?
    howarmat and stlabrat like this.
    02-03-17 04:09 PM
    That would have even less of a chance / future.
    02-03-17 04:09 PM
40 12