I was thinking about how frustrating it is to go back to a dumb keyboard when you are used to BB10 smart ones.
    Why wouldn't Blackberry make a "smart keyboard" with predictive function (LED between the keys rows) and swiping gesture to bring that great experience to desktop computers?
    I noticed Apple is bringing "Quick Type" in its new OS Yosemite:
    What about a Blackberry smart keyboard for PC-screen-shot-2014-09-05-5.45.23-pm.png
    It sounds like they are being inspired (one more time) by BB10's greatness...
    So for once, why Blackberry doesn't anticipate what seems inevitable: one of these days some PC maker will manufacture that kind of smart & predictive keyboard.
    I for sure would buy it as soon as it hits the shelves, i miss my BB10 keyboard every time i go back on my logitech keyboard....
    Anyone like me is missing that kind of comfort while typing on his PC?
    09-05-14 10:50 AM
    Not me, not really. If I sit at a PC/Laptop, I plan to carefully write stuff, I'll probably re-read it a few times.

I can see where some would like it though.
    09-05-14 11:37 AM
    Swipe left to erase words, and smart word prediction I would really appreciate that on my desktop keyboard.
    Even when I carefully write I make more mistakes than with my Q10, i'd say I am at least twice faster on my phone.
    Maybe as an option, so that those who want to concentrate on creative writing may disable the invasive predictions, but for strictly business or friendly writing I would save a lot of time (and I really hate when I missed a letter and have to go back and put the cursor in the middle of a sentence, that happens very rarely/never with my Q10)

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 12:22 PM
    Honestly, swiping to erase words sounds like an interesting idea. . . but the word prediction etc seems like it would be inefficient for me; I'm fairly quick on the keyboard. May be useful to some, but only if paired with a touch-screen.
    09-05-14 12:41 PM
    Honestly, swiping to erase words sounds like an interesting idea. . . but the word prediction etc seems like it would be inefficient for me; I'm fairly quick on the keyboard. May be useful to some, but only if paired with a touch-screen.
    honestly in French i'm quite accurate, but in english and even in italian it would be useful as sometimes you may hesitate on the right spelling
    09-05-14 12:49 PM
    I would totally buy an ergonomic, light and durable tablet/keyboard from blackberry.
    Imagine the comfort of typing and swiping up with your most comfortable gesture.
    I would use my index finger the same way I use my thumb for my z30.
    I may come up with a concept as a matter of fact.

Posted via my STA100-5 z30
    09-05-14 01:37 PM
    Funny, just last night I was commenting to hubby that it is hard for me to type on my laptop after using my BB all day. I keep trying to double space to get a period. I make more mistakes, and when I try to type a cap all I get is a double letter .

Posted on my Q10
    09-05-14 01:43 PM