So what is it about blackberry phones? That seem to make people like myself have this addiction to them. My first smart phone was a blackberry 8530 I believe. thought it was just amazing, then about year later I started to hear about android phones the htc evo at that time was all the craze I read review after review about that phone and every one was how great that phone was, I couldn't wait to get my hands on one. So I get the htc evo it seemed like a really sweet phone but after a couple month's I started to hate the evo I couldn't do everything one handed like I could on the blackberry, the battery life on the evo was ridiculously horrible not Evan close to a full day on a charge. I missed my old blackberry even though the evo could look up web pages like a computer and had tons of apps, I would get my old blackberry out and play with it, It just felt so good my hand. So another 2 year contract goes by, so me and the wife head to the cell phone store I already knew what I wanted it was the blackberry bold 9900 but it was $200.00 well the wife not really caring what brand of phone she got seen the galaxy s3 and fell in love with it, they had a deal buy 2 and they were half price so I gave in and we got the s3. Not a bad phone decent battery life big screen but I quickly found the size of the s3 awkward to carry around and was scared to death to just plunk it down just any wear for fear of scratching the screen or breaking it. It just felt so cheap I've probably spent as much on phone cases as I did the phone trying turn it into a phone I'd love but it just never happened. I couldn't take it any longer I got on ebay and bought a q10 and a z10 never spent much time with z10 because my son quickly took it over as I went straight for the q10 keyboard I really like the phone amazing battery life now I laugh at the wife because she's constantly plugging in her s3 lol. but there is some quirks that I don't like about the new blackberry but so far after 2 month's I'm still using it. Just did the up date to 10.2 and like it Evan more but there's still some quirks. D$mm phone is like crack I can't put it down. Lol long story but thought some of you in Crackberry land would get a good laugh as I'm sure I'm not the only one out there that feels this way

Posted via CB10
    Tariq Nasir likes this.
    02-27-14 01:38 PM
    I know what you mean..I've been using BlackBerry since the Rim 950 pager and has always keep a BlackBerry with me. I finally upgraded to Q10 and overall I'm pleased with the phone. I do miss the belt and I'm elated it's returning. Also I miss group contacts...I almost want to start using my 9930 again because of it. I downloaded SMS by NOW and it's garbage. Receipiants can't read the messages because they arrive garbled....very annoying. Otherwise I'm BlackBerry for life!

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 01:49 PM
    Thats why they call em crackberries

I also went from SG3 to Q10, so your def not alone there.

Just like you I was initally wow'd by the SG3, but after that wore off and I started to use it as a calendar, communications device and organizer, I started to miss my 9900 a LOT. Also I found that I wasnt a touchscreen typing kinda guy. So the day the Q came out, I bought it.

Kinda funny, cuz the experience was vice-versa from the SG3; the Q didnt have wow factor at all lol... teeny display, no apps... But, I started using it to organize my life and communicate with my peeps... It felt nice to be home. I carried both devices for probably 2, 3 weeks, but ive since traded the galaxy for a Z10 for the wife; dont miss it at all!
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    02-27-14 02:02 PM
    They're addictive lol
    02-27-14 02:16 PM
    I think the thing about Blackberry and it's users is, that they/we are a special kind of people.

What I mean is that Blackberry has never been something "hip" or "stylish" or "trendy".

It ever was all about being connected and getting things done. And looooots of texting.

This is the main thing we wanna do.
    We don't want fancy trends, we don't wanna be different - but no compromise in being connected and having the best hardware for pushing things out.

That what Blackberry has always stand for and what we love!

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 02:17 PM
    I have trouble not touching mine. I hate not having it in sight. haha Literally addicted to it.
    02-27-14 02:19 PM
    The LED in the corner.

What is it about BlackBerry phones being so addictive?-bb10-led-.jpg
    jakie55 and irfanintekhab like this.
    02-27-14 02:55 PM
    The LED in the corner.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bb10-led-on.jpg 
Views:	1678 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	251368
    It's triggers the reward centre in our brain and keeps us coming back for more.
    Then we end up here! :'(

Posted via CB10 on a Z10
    Last edited by bennelong; 02-27-14 at 06:58 PM.
    02-27-14 03:06 PM
    So other platforms aren't addictive? What are all those people doing walking down the street and walking into light posts for?

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    02-27-14 04:18 PM
    I agree. My wife came from iPhone and just made the comment the other night that light alway makes me pick up the phone. With her iPhone she just checked it periodically. Now she checks a message and then will think what the hell I'll go ahead and check Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Rockin Z30 on 10.2.1.1925
    02-27-14 04:43 PM
    People walking into light post is probably because they are trying to to send an email or text. From a phone the size of a brick and have to use two hands which makes multi tasking very difficult. :-) lol

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    02-27-14 04:57 PM
    I can not seem to get off my Z30 for not more than 15 min... I got to go see a doctor...
    02-27-14 05:20 PM
    So other platforms aren't addictive? What are all those people doing walking down the street and walking into light posts for?

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    I don't know, but they're not BlackBerry users.

There is something about the BerryFlow. It's a BlackBerry thing. You wouldn't understand.
    02-27-14 06:03 PM
    Yes the BB 10 phones are very engaging maybe because it's constantly improving and there are tons of things/features to discover. It's like driving a good German car on the highway; you feel the ruggedness and pleasures all at the same time. One thing for sure, BB 10 phones are not "passive" devices and that can be viewed as either a good or bad thing.
    02-27-14 06:18 PM
    De ja vu?

I swear some one made a very similar post few weeks ago.
    02-27-14 06:19 PM
    They can't be that addictive. Market share would say otherwise. I'm kidding, although it's true.
    02-27-14 06:41 PM
    For me, I believe it is because the software seems to work almost down the same logic paths as I do. The software almost feels as if it is an extension of me.
    Almost everything seems to have either the right amount of 'openness' and 'play' or else the right amount of 'limits' or maybe 'tunnels' for me.
    I don't want to make this into a argument of A-phone vs B-phone vs D-phone, but for me, by comparison, the B - phone sits beautifully in between the other two.
    I have helped a number of people setup and start using both A's and D's. This week I am having the pleasure of starting a coworker on a Z30, (unfortunately my first for someone else), and I do mean a pleasure. Not to mention, he has been very pleased so far.
    To me, the BlackBerry just always feels fresh and new.

On a side note, having been using his Z30 on the .2.0 version while I had been using the .2.1 version ( we are both Verizon, I am Z10), I have realized how much better this newer os really is and am hopeful for all (leaks aside) that it is fully implemented soon.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 06:50 PM
    What I mean is that Blackberry has never been something "hip" or "stylish" or "trendy".
    Wha! ? Oh yeah they were! BlackBerry Devices were the status symbol and poster child for all things trendy in the smartphone world for quite some time.

Unfortunately for RIM, they were unseated about 1 1/2 years after the iPhone became popular.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    jakie55 likes this.
    02-27-14 07:00 PM

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Looking at girls.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10
    02-27-14 07:00 PM
    Wha! ? Oh yeah they were! BlackBerry Devices were the status symbol and poster child for all things trendy in the smartphone world for quite some time.

Unfortunately for RIM, they were unseated about 1 1/2 years after the iPhone became popular.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    I think Blackberry were pioneers and that's the reason why they became so popular.

At the time they were the only mobile devices that were able to go online, having an awesome e-mail service etc.
    That what made it.

But the were never built to look great to make up or some style.

Even models like the "Style" (Flip phone) failed to sell. It were models like the 8700 or the original Bold what made Blackberry that addictive. Awesome keyboards and reliabile services over style.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 03:54 AM
    I don't know why but it's amazing somehow. I am totally addicted to my Q10 - maybe it's the messaging workload I can easily deal with now, maybe something else. All I know for sure is that I have my hands on the BlackBerry phones way more often than I used to have on the S3 or any android phone I owned.

This is kinda funny since one could think that an android phone offers more possibilities.

I don't know. Maybe it's just the keyboard that feels so good that I could write a whole book on it.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 05:59 AM
    Ease of use... messaging king.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 06:14 AM
    BlackBerry is addictive for BlackBerry people because it's mostly about bringing people together using raw communication tools; it's about being hyperconnected with one's contacts. The other platforms are addictive for the self-centered narcissist types (the masses) and set people apart; for those types it's mostly about the flapping, angry bird: navel gazing to the extreme.
    02-28-14 06:25 AM
    BlackBerry is addictive for BlackBerry people because it's mostly about bringing people together using raw communication tools; it's about being hyperconnected with one's contacts. The other platforms are addictive for the self-centered narcissist types (the masses) and set people apart; for those types it's mostly about the flapping, angry bird: navel gazing to the extreme.
    There are productive people that use iPhone and androids too!

U wrongly profiled a few people there.

It's the same with the curve when it was popular. Think about it.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB and mikeo007 like this.
    02-28-14 06:30 AM
    I don't know, but they're not BlackBerry users.

There is something about the BerryFlow. It's a BlackBerry thing. You wouldn't understand.
    Why wouldn't I understand? I used Blackberry phones for quite a long time.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    02-28-14 03:13 PM
43 12