I wonder if the blackberry applications will still be available in the playstore and updated too?(blackberry hub, blackberry keyboard etc) I can live with another brand of phone if I can install the awesome blackberry hub and keyboard???
    03-01-20 07:05 AM
    Not only should they keep it, they should improve and negotiate with manufacturers to include them as a standard. As Google and Microsoft do. BlackBerry apps suite are the way

Posted via Classic
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    03-01-20 07:17 AM
    Not only should they keep it, they should improve and negotiate with manufacturers to include them as a standard. As Google and Microsoft do. BlackBerry apps suite are the way

Posted via Classic
    I agree 100%...since they are now a software company I see no reason for the Hub Suite to stop
    03-02-20 07:31 AM
    I agree 100%...since they are now a software company I see no reason for the Hub Suite to stop
    Me neither but given the current state that blackberry is in, who knows.
    03-02-20 07:52 AM
    Software Company that has to make a profit on all it's products.

If the HUB Suite is in demand and can be profitable, then of course they'll keep supporting it. My guess is it hasn't been very profitable, which is why they have scaled back development. (nothing going on in beta?)

Over a year ago there was talk of pulling out the SwiftKey components of the Keyboard so that they wold offer it with the rest of the HUB subscription... that seems to have stalled as the Keyboard app got some major updates, and then nothing for the last six months.

Who knows, maybe they are working to bring Cylance to the suite?
    03-02-20 07:54 AM
    I wonder if the blackberry applications will still be available in the playstore and updated too?(blackberry hub, blackberry keyboard etc) I can live with another brand of phone if I can install the awesome blackberry hub and keyboard???

Posted via Classic
    There hasn't been an update (even in beta) for over 3 months. The app suite developers have gone dark on CrackBerry for even longer.

I'd say they're done.
    John Albert likes this.
    03-02-20 08:33 AM
    There hasn't been an update (even in beta) for over 3 months. The app suite developers have gone dark on CrackBerry for even longer.

I'd say they're done.
    So basically, 2019 was the last year that anything "BlackBerry" was ever produced/made/developed, whether hardware or software.
    03-02-20 09:20 AM
    So basically, 2019 was the last year that anything "BlackBerry" was ever produced/made/developed, whether hardware or software.
    As it currently stands, that would seem to be the case.
    03-02-20 09:33 AM

I'd say they're done.
    I agree. They are done.

It has been over for a while. The Beta was a let down and our suggestions were met with silence from the start.
    03-02-20 09:46 AM
    I agree. They are done.

It has been over for a while. The Beta was a let down and our suggestions were met with silence from the start.
    Developers were pretty active here at that start, and there was some consideration of suggestions..... but within the limits of what they could do. I expect they had budgets like everyone else. Most the developers disappeared about the time the other apps were EOL. Were still two or three active up till Oct/Nov.
    03-02-20 09:54 AM
    As it currently stands, that would seem to be the case.
    What about BlackBerry Hub + for Business? Wouldn't that be tied into the consumer area as well?
    03-02-20 04:00 PM
    What about BlackBerry Hub + for Business? Wouldn't that be tied into the consumer area as well?
    It's the same thing.
    03-02-20 04:09 PM
    While BB would have the actual numbers, it would seem that most businesses aren't using the Hub as they prefer to keep corporate email inside stock apps (usually Outlook).
    John Albert likes this.
    03-02-20 04:13 PM

Posted via Classic
    What do other manufacturers gain by pre-installing BlackBerry apps?
    03-02-20 05:04 PM
    What do other manufacturers gain by pre-installing BlackBerry apps?
    Guaranteed built-in negative brand perception with every device manufactured..
    cribble2k likes this.
    03-02-20 10:14 PM
    I don't believe the BlackBerry HUB Suite has negative perception or reality. All works perfectly fine on my S9. Similarly to my BE KeyOne.
    Last edited by bh7171; 03-03-20 at 02:11 AM.
    03-02-20 11:04 PM
    I don't believe the BlackBerry HUB Suite has negative perception or reality. All works perfectly fine on my S9. Similarly to my BE KeyOne.
    it can work fine but be "perceived " negatively. Reality v perceived reality.
    03-03-20 03:12 AM
    Its the stigma of having blackberry in the name for some
    03-03-20 06:59 AM
    it can work fine but be "perceived " negatively. Reality v perceived reality.
    It might work fine right now... but it's had it's ups and downs.

As for Enterprise.... is there an iOS option? You don't build applications for business and not support iOS.
    03-03-20 07:08 AM
    It's the same thing.
    Not quite the same, the Enterprise editions up a pet about a month or two in advance of the consumer editions.
    03-03-20 08:17 AM
    Not quite the same, the Enterprise editions up a pet about a month or two in advance of the consumer editions.
    The point is that it's not a separate fork, which in the context of this discussion, means they are the same.
    03-03-20 08:29 AM
    Fair enough, but I can't see Samsung (for example) advertising the BlackBerry apps as a selling feature for their next line of phones.

Additionally, Samsung has their own Android apps..
    03-03-20 04:58 PM
    Fair enough, but I can't see Samsung (for example) advertising the BlackBerry apps as a selling feature for their next line of phones.

Additionally, Samsung has their own Android apps..
    Nothing remotely close to the HUB Suite IMO.... The Inbox app is similar to BlackBerry 10 in the way I can organize my email and messaging apps. (Although not as good as BlackBerry 10) I suppose I could live without it on my S9 but I happily pay my $1.07 each month from my GPS account.
    03-03-20 10:31 PM
    No one is saying you can't install it on your own, but no OEM is going to license and pre-install it. How happy would you be if LG or OnePlus was putting their stock apps on your BB?
    John Albert and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-04-20 12:18 AM
    No one is saying you can't install it on your own, but no OEM is going to license and pre-install it. How happy would you be if LG or OnePlus was putting their stock apps on your BB?
    You are spot on here. Many already complain about preinstalled apps from Samsung, LG, Sony, etc. If these OEMs added BlackBerry apps in addition to their own apps, they'd get skewered for even more bloatware being preinstalled.
    03-04-20 02:03 AM
42 12