View Poll Results: Were you underwhelmed with the BB10 Launch?

Voters
225. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, it was exciting!

64 28.44%
  • Yes, but I'm still buying a BB10 device!

122 54.22%
  • No, but I'm not buying a BB10 device...

6 2.67%
  • Yes, I'm not buying a BB10 device!

33 14.67%
    I was hyped initially...until the release dates were announced.
    Then the initial reviews came in and confirmed some of my worst fears. Battery life is said to be at best average, at worst mediocre. Coming from the battery life disaster that was the Bold 9900, this sucks real bad. Disappointing to see CB's review gloss over the battery life situation.

3rd party app situation is also suspect. Engadget and TheVerge reviews mentioned serious dearth of quality in many of the apps there, with some apps even being formatted poorly. Android app player still seems to be based on Gingerbread, not ICS.

Finally, CB's review glossed over the camera performance, but initial reports put the picture quality as nowhere in the league of the likes of iPhone 4S/5, Galaxy S3/Note II and HTC One X. And Most OEMs in 2013 are even beefing up their camera performance to exceed the high water marks of 2012.

I'm definitely still getting one, but it does not seem to live up to the hype. I'll reserve my final judgement until when I get it in my hands.
    i read an early review that touched upon all this. but the phone is a huge improvement from previous Blackberrys and i'm happy with that
    01-30-13 12:15 PM
    That's cool your satified with your GS3 its a good phone! But the Z10 is still faster and better and more secure with its specs cause its not all about the specs that make it faster or better. Do your homework Z10 browser is one of or the fastest.
    01-30-13 12:15 PM
    Yes, very. The one eyebrow-raiser for me was that the UAE, of all places, has an earlier release date than the US.
    01-30-13 12:38 PM
    Yes, very. The one eyebrow-raiser for me was that the UAE, of all places, has an earlier release date than the US.
    The odds are that the UAE and the US were both in the first wave, the american carriers are just slower than everyone else at releasing the devices.
    01-30-13 12:43 PM
    Yes, Because it beats the iphone5 and SG3 on almost every metric.
    Pointless to say if you haven't tried them all out. Don't get why "x has to be better than y" in every way. All products have strengths and weaknesses
    mikeo007 likes this.
    01-30-13 01:02 PM
    No. I'm really not understanding exactly what people were expecting but as for me it was a good first step for the new Blackberry.
    01-30-13 01:05 PM
    I enjoyed the presentation, upset about US release date. Overall i liked it.
    01-30-13 01:09 PM
    I was very much waiting and wanting to buy the new Z10....but after watching that HORRIBLE launch and hearing once again we have to WAIT...we'll BB, I'm tired of waiting and waiting only to be disappointed.....I'm done, I don't even want to give you my business anymore. BB has proven it has NO clue and Thorsten wouldn't know one if it was attached to his nose.
    01-30-13 01:09 PM
    yes i,ve been waiting for this since march
    I know some cb,s will be upset but unfortunately its the carrier foult
    and not. rim.
    for me its a week waiting. and then Iwill have. what I ve been drooling on
    I was very excited when heard that skype and other app will be avaible
    my cotract expired back in October ...so if I have to wait a lil longer won't really matter
    01-30-13 01:26 PM
    Do your homework Z10 browser is one of or the fastest.
    That isn't what some of the early reviews are saying...
    mikeo007 likes this.
    01-30-13 03:57 PM
    I didn't see an app that would instantly vaporize any surrounding iPhones or Androids. So I'm a little underwhelmed...

Com'on man!! Its freakin' BlackBerry 10 people!! Its finally official....
    01-30-13 04:06 PM
    This phone would have to do your laundry, cook your dinner & drive you home from the bar when you're drunk to make some people happy. A little perspective would be nice. It's is exception for a new platform, no other new launch offered so much & it will only get better, probably sooner than later.
    01-30-13 04:31 PM
    I do admit there they could have used a bit more fanfare and excitement in the presentation. But what were people expecting? yes there was very little "new" features, but that is just because most stuff had been leaked before hand. we knew all these features because we have been closely following bb10. most smart phone users have not been, so to the average user it was new and exciting. hub, flow, and time shift are still unique in the smart phone industry don't forget that people. what was everyone expecting? seriously? did you expect it to have holograms, or something?
    shemaree09 and Stewartj1 like this.
    01-30-13 04:40 PM
    . Do your homework Z10 browser is one of or the fastest.
    maybe one of the fastest, but we cant claim it is the fastest.
    01-30-13 04:44 PM
    Very underwhelmed!!! And you know what??? It's my fault! I'm on Crackberry everyday. Viewed every leak. Was upset with the first launch delay. Been through every rumor and speculation. Battled it out with the trolls and the haters. Witnessed the growth of the software and apps. And ultimately discovered that BB10 is extremely nice and the launch pretty much confirmed that for me.

I'm sure if I wasn't the techie, gotta find about it now, type person, this would have initially impressed me big time. In my case, I was already impressed months ago while the rest of the world hadn't even heard of BB10. Can't wait to get my hands on it!!!
    01-30-13 05:15 PM
    I think Thorsten Heins is doing a great job as the CEO of RIM, but the guy is just boring on the stage.
    shemaree09 likes this.
    01-30-13 05:29 PM
    It reminded me of watching Jon Rebinstein on stage talking about Palm. Trying to drum up excitement over a ship that sailed long ago. I was super excited about BB10 but I'm not anymore. The presentation.. the early reviews.. nah no thank you. I'll continue to see how things pan out with the carriers and on the app front and if something changes I would be happy to give it another look. I have my doubts though. Hello mobile platform duopoly.
    netwerks1 likes this.
    01-30-13 07:01 PM
    A lot of stuff shown we've seen before, but mainstream users haven't. I think it was a good starting point, and they have time to release more and more features through advertisement. Im definitely getting a BB10!!
    01-30-13 07:40 PM
    I think Thorsten Heins is doing a great job as the CEO of RIM, but the guy is just boring on the stage.
    Oh ya, the guys a real winner.....so much so the stock RIGHTFULLY started dropping the day before the splat..err I mean launch. Stock lost three bucks today after his stellar performance. He may be a nice guy but you know the saying, nice guys finish last. Blackberry will not see 2015 and I wouldn't bet on it making 2014 either. And before you all yell troll....understand I've been the last hold out using a blackberry at work. I've loved my BB's and was so hoping to see a real professional launch and a professional product. I saw neither today.
    01-30-13 08:17 PM
    Geez! What do you guys want?

Would it have been better if he came out in a black turtleneck and jeans?

Seems like most of the presentation criticism is from crackberry members.
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    01-30-13 08:29 PM
    Geez! What do you guys want?

Would it have been better if he came out in a black turtleneck and jeans?

Seems like most of the presentation criticism is from crackberry members.
    Yup, pretty sad when you **** off whats left of your loyal customers to the point of them now jumping ship. What I want is a business class communication/pda'ish tool. Blackberry was hands down the best in this category, heck they invented the category. BB10 can't do what my BB OS7 can do and I'm supposed to be excited??? I'm just so glad I'm not a stock holder, I'd be calling for his head. Personally I bet the stock is under 10 bucks by the end of the week. Next week you'll see it close to $5 and the company will shortly be bought out....web os all over again. And it's a crying shame, the actual OS I think is pretty good. I have a playbook which I sadly call my useless book due to lack of apps and small size but the OS itself seems very solid, robust and stable. What kills me about this is that during all these delays we were being told by Thorsten "we have to get it right" well you didn't. You left out things that are essential to us business/professional/"Action" users. Oh and the "sometime" in march delay, nice touch Thor, lets make sure to alienate whats left of your American market. What I can't figure out is why the guy even went to NY if all he was going to do is snub the market. Sure got a nice round of applause for that, NOT. Think I might stock up on some OS 7.x's and just forget about all this phone hype.
    johnny_larue likes this.
    01-30-13 08:58 PM
    So what does your OS7 do that BB10 can't?
    01-30-13 09:02 PM
    Am I underwhelmed.....yes, but it's not because of all the things that were presented I had already seen through leaks. I feel the BlackBerry failed to showcase some other features of BB10 that would have been beneficial to show to attract the average consumer. Not mention of NFC at all, no mention of maps, not even a browser demo to show everyone how it's hands down the best browser experience. All these things matter to the average consumer. This launch was really aimed at the people in the know....and that's where they failed. The loyal users are gonna upgrade regardless but I feel that they wasted a chance to attract new consumers. Super Bowl commercial will peak some interest I'm sure also, but the fact that you will have to wait a month and a half if not more won't help grow the subscriber base in the US. Blame the carriers for that but it will ultimately fall on RIM.....BlackBerry.
    01-30-13 09:32 PM
    So what does your OS7 do that BB10 can't?
    Change the colour of the LED for incoming messages. Dealbreaker.
    01-30-13 09:43 PM
    Change the colour of the LED for incoming messages. Dealbreaker.
    That sucks. They need to fix that ASAP. I use that heavily!
    01-30-13 11:46 PM
54 123