So I played around with a Blackberry (pretty sure it was a curve model) and Playbook for the first time ever in a store last week. Blackberry was never big here, but has got a surge of popularity in the last year or two with hipsters, which turned me off the device. Anyway, I was amazed by the experience, coming from a long history of being a Symbian/Android/iOS/WP7/WinMo user, so I decided to go a little crazy, and put in a big order, got a:

• Blackberry Bold 9900
    • Blackberry Leather Sleeve
    • 32GB Class 10 MicroSD
    • 32GB Blackberry Playbook
    • Blackberry Playbook Leather Book Binder

I was in need of a smartphone, and I got a good deal on the bundle above (Pretty much got the Playbook at half price, and all the accessories for free).

So I guess you can welcome me to Blackberry, and thanks to the guys who helped me with the few questions I posted.

Thanks,
    -Diabhal
    05-15-12 09:11 AM
    WOW.. that's awesome! Welcome to the #TeamBlackBerry! Enjoy your wonderful devices
    cjcou likes this.
    05-15-12 09:13 AM
    Welcome to the Wiserhood
    05-15-12 09:14 AM
    Well, WELCOME! Hope you enjoy your purchase as much as I enjoy mine. Visit the tips and tricks portions of the device specific portions of these forums and enjoy!
    Morty2264 and cjcou like this.
    05-15-12 09:16 AM
    Welcome aboard, and congrats on your new BlackBerry devices. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do .
    Morty2264 likes this.
    05-15-12 09:19 AM
    Welcome to the Wiserhood
    Click to view quoted image
    Love this post from top to bottom but my favorite part is the signature!
    omniusovermind likes this.
    05-15-12 09:20 AM
    Love this post from top to bottom but my favorite part is the signature!
    Those commercials have been my favorite ever since they came out It's the running joke at my work for a lot of things
    05-15-12 09:22 AM
    Congrats OP. It'll feel like Xmas for you.

I'm going to buy a 32gb class 10 card.

Atm I'm awaiting delivery of a 9900 & a PB charging dock then I'll have everything I want.......the wait is painful though eh.
    05-15-12 09:55 AM
    Congrats OP. It'll feel like Xmas for you.

I'm going to buy a 32gb class 10 card.

Atm I'm awaiting delivery of a 9900 & a PB charging dock then I'll have everything I want.......the wait is painful though eh.
    I'll be waiting until the end of the month to get paid, then I'll pick up docks for my 9900 and Playbook
    05-15-12 10:01 AM
    I'll be waiting until the end of the month to get paid, then I'll pick up docks for my 9900 and Playbook
    Nice one.

I'm not sure where you are but I'm in the UK. Both docks are as rare as rocking horse s**t if we want to buy them from a shop.

The closest store to stock a PB dock is 20 miles away at Canary Wharf London, so I gave up and bought it off Ebay - new for 10 less than the stores.
    05-15-12 10:08 AM
    Nice one.

I'm not sure where you are but I'm in the UK. Both docks are as rare as rocking horse s**t if we want to buy them from a shop.

The closest store to stock a PB dock is 20 miles away at Canary Wharf London, so I gave up and bought it off Ebay - new for 10 less than the stores.
    I'm actually in Ireland, and order most stuff online from the UK, but a shop (Irish e-tailer, who allows collection from warehouse) about 3 minute walk away has it in stock, for around 40 (35) which isn't bad. Does the dock have HDMI out?
    05-15-12 10:22 AM
    I'm actually in Ireland, and order most stuff online from the UK, but a shop (Irish e-tailer, who allows collection from warehouse) about 3 minute walk away has it in stock, for around 40 (35) which isn't bad. Does the dock have HDMI out?
    Goodness you're fortunate having a place that close. I managed to buy my pb dock for 25 including delivery.

I haven't thought if the dock has an HDMI socket. I haven't seen one on it in the pics.

Maybe someone who has a PB dock could tell us.
    05-15-12 10:28 AM
    Welcome and what a way to join #TeamBlackBerry!
    05-15-12 10:31 AM
    My GUESS it that the dock does have an hdmi out since it blocks the port, one would expect they would provide a solution for that. The hdmi out is one of THE greatest things about the PB. I watch stuff from it streamed to my big TV all the time.
    cjcou likes this.
    05-15-12 10:36 AM
    My GUESS it that the dock does have an hdmi out since it blocks the port, one would expect they would provide a solution for that. The hdmi out is one of THE greatest things about the PB. I watch stuff from it streamed to my big TV all the time.
    No HDMI out on the dock. I have it.
    05-15-12 10:50 AM
    Ok I did a little research and it appears RIM goofed here and did NOT provide a way to access the hdmi or usb ports while docked. Major design flaw if you ask me. You might want to look in to the other rapid charing option, the cord rapid charger.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=1xXBGirb

Since you are in Europe you MIGHT want to shop around shipping charges from our store are probably going to be more than it's worth, BUT ebay will be your friend here.
    05-15-12 10:56 AM
    Awesome! And what a great deal! The 9900 is amazing; and I've heard that the PlayBook (especially the 32G one) is fantastic! Have fun!
    05-15-12 11:16 AM
    So I played around with a Blackberry (pretty sure it was a curve model) and Playbook for the first time ever in a store last week. Blackberry was never big here, but has got a surge of popularity in the last year or two with hipsters, which turned me off the device. Anyway, I was amazed by the experience, coming from a long history of being a Symbian/Android/iOS/WP7/WinMo user, so I decided to go a little crazy, and put in a big order, got a:

• Blackberry Bold 9900
    • Blackberry Leather Sleeve
    • 32GB Class 10 MicroSD
    • 32GB Blackberry Playbook
    • Blackberry Playbook Leather Book Binder
    I was in need of a smartphone, and I got a good deal on the bundle above (Pretty much got the Playbook at half price, and all the accessories for free).

So I guess you can welcome me to Blackberry, and thanks to the guys who helped me with the few questions I posted.

Thanks,
    -Diabhal
    Wowowow !
    got a fresh and full start !
    Welcome aboard and enjoy !
    cjcou likes this.
    05-15-12 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD