I think another problem with Android phones mainly are that they try to increase the horsepower of the phone I will say ie. dual core processor bigger high res screens. But then they keep the same battery size that they had in there older phones in my opinion there would be alot less android complaints about battery life if they weren't sticking small batteries into there most powerful devices.
    08-15-11 06:35 AM
    I think another problem with Android phones mainly are that they try to increase the horsepower of the phone I will say ie. dual core processor bigger high res screens. But then they keep the same battery size that they had in there older phones in my opinion there would be alot less android complaints about battery life if they weren't sticking small batteries into there most powerful devices.
    actually most dual core phones have bigger batteries
    08-15-11 06:45 AM
    So I have no idea what I'm talking about but I've owned android and apple phones just never liked the OS like I did with the blackberry. I've used android phones trying to see if I would like the OS but it never changed 2.3 isn't bad but its still has its bugs to be worked out. And apple is just way to over hyped I like there phones are good quality have decent OS'S but again I just never liked it like blackberry's. So if you wanna say I don't know what I'm talking about go ahead but I've owned a phone with just about all the different OS's out today so I know which ones I like and which I don't like. People have there own opinions on which is the best and which they like more personally I just like blackberries more from my own experiences

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes because you basically said, and of course I'm paraphrasing, "I don't really know squat about QNX, I just know that it's better than Android.". So yes, I'm saying that you don't know what you're talking about.

Yes, Verizon 4G is really that fast!
    08-15-11 06:56 AM
    actually most dual core phones have bigger batteries
    But most of the time they aren't that much bigger over ones without a dual core hence the problem of the battery dyeing quicker. But its not all their phones just some

08-15-11 07:02 AM
    Better late than never, I suppose. Since you can get out of your contract within 14 days of signing it usually.
    08-15-11 07:02 AM
    [QUOTE=Ithasbegun;6572676]Yes because you basically said, and of course I'm paraphrasing, "I don't really know squat about QNX, I just know that it's better than Android.". So yes, I'm saying that you don't know what you're talking about.
    Ok so I guess your the all knowing guru of mobile phones then Huh? I clearly stated that in my "Personal" opinion I feel that BB OS is better for my needs then androids and/a apples. I need a phone that will get me through the day and for me not to have to carry a charger everywhere I go. That is why I said I personally never liked android or apple's OS. You can be a fan of whatever you choose to. But for me Blackberries are the only way to go. Mike

08-15-11 07:06 AM
    But most of the time they aren't that much bigger over ones without a dual core hence the problem of the battery dyeing quicker. But its not all their phones just some

i would say they are 300-400 mah (25%) more in size on some of the phones
    08-15-11 07:16 AM
    Ok so I guess your the all knowing guru of mobile phones then Huh? I clearly stated that in my "Personal" opinion I feel that BB OS is better for my needs then androids and/a apples. I need a phone that will get me through the day and for me not to have to carry a charger everywhere I go. That is why I said I personally never liked android or apple's OS. You can be a fan of whatever you choose to. But for me Blackberries are the only way to go. Mike
    Personal opinions are fine but again, the question was not about BB OS. The question was about QNX.

Last edited by Ithasbegun; 08-15-11 at 07:45 AM.
    08-15-11 07:17 AM
    "Keeping the battery charged was like playing with a Tamagocchi.".

Too Funny!

08-15-11 07:25 AM
    I think personal choices are great and have no issue with someone choosing BB. I think I could be happy with any of the 4 major platforms to be honest.

I will say that Android experiences vary widely by phone, and that is both a negative and positive for the platform. My experience has been great but I read numerous reviews and focused on what I wanted, including battery life. My battery life on my Incredible 2 is simply amazing. I get more than two full days of use on a great phone with a 4in screen. The phone performs great and it is thin and light (what my Storm should have been).

I could see myself back with a BB also, but my experience with Android has been a good one, including messaging. I have 5 email accounts on it and love it. You can find great Android phones, but it won't be an assured experience like the BB. I will say that the Storm broke the assured performance and battery life of BB. We shall see how the full touchscreen Torch does. I hope well, but it probably won't be a 8900 on battery life. However, I don't want a physical keyboard. The Droid Pros we have at work match BB battery life one for one. A smaller screen with a keyboard will always beat a large touchscreen on battery life.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
    08-15-11 08:06 AM
    Personal opinions are fine but again, the question was not about BB OS. The question was about QNX.

I keep reading your post and wonder what are you really trying to say, why ask a question from somebody who doesn't have the answer (which was stated) So I wonder if you feel you can share what you feel is the answer to your own question, "what will BB users do when QNX is developed as a mobile OS and placed into a BB phone", do you feel that this will up battery useage ?if so It would be helpful to hear your views to those of us who do not know.
    08-15-11 08:25 AM
    Getting only 26 hrs out of a charge on my "high end" Android is really starting to bug me. I mean..I should be able to last at least a week without ever having to plug in right? Who has time to charge the phone when you sleep anymore anyways?

I think it might be time to go back to a 2" screen with low rez..as well as the 5mins reboots. At least then I know I can "unplug" from the tech world for a bit and do some actual social interaction..
    08-15-11 08:32 AM
    I keep reading your post and wonder what are you really trying to say, why ask a question from somebody who doesn't have the answer (which was stated) So I wonder if you feel you can share what you feel is the answer to your own question, "what will BB users do when QNX is developed as a mobile OS and placed into a BB phone", do you feel that this will up battery useage ?if so It would be helpful to hear your views to those of us who do not know.
    It's really not that difficult. I read in here all the time how BB OS is perfect, and all other platforms suck. Well wake up, because BB OS is basically a dead man walking. Enter QNX. Radically different than RIM's current os. My question is simple. How will everyone adjust when the "perfect" os ceases to exist? QNX was purchased, I'm sure, because of it's ability to mimic the functions of the more modern os's. If these more modern os's all suck, how will your QNX experience be any better?

08-15-11 08:49 AM
    It's really not that difficult. I read in here all the time how BB OS is perfect, and all other platforms suck. Well wake up, because BB OS is basically a dead man walking. Enter QNX. Radically different than RIM's current os. My question is simple. How will everyone adjust when the "perfect" os ceases to exist? QNX was purchased, I'm sure, because of it's ability to mimic the functions of the more modern os's. If these more modern os's all suck, how will your QNX experience be any better?

QNX from my understanding takes the best of each the OS's and cuts out the parts that everybody complains hence making it a better OS. Mike
    08-15-11 08:53 AM
    QNX from my understanding takes the best of each the OS's and cuts out the parts that everybody complains hence making it a better OS. Mike
    Ok, thanks.

08-15-11 08:55 AM
    You know what... Ithasbegun raises an interesting point.

I concur: a lot of folks say that they cannot (more like won't) change OS because of one reason or another. Well, now that a new OS (basically) is round the corner, what will the die-hard RIM-till-I-die crew do?

QNX and OS7/OS6 are quite different, no?
    08-15-11 09:00 AM
    But if you want to know more then what I have to offer head over to the Playbook section of CB's forum I believe there is a couple thread dedicated to the discussion of QNX and its benefits and low points. But also just let me add QNX when it does come to a BB it won't really be like it is on the Playbook because its going to a smartphone platform not a tablet. Just like with android 3.0 they did not have it on a smartphone only on there tablet because it wasn't optimized for use on a smartphone. Mike
    08-15-11 09:00 AM
    we dont know what QNX for the handhelds is at this point. no one can say it wont maintain a BBOS feel. i would think it will be closer to the feel going on with the PB but that in istself takes some ques from OS 6/7. So we just have to see
    mjordan5 likes this.
    08-15-11 09:03 AM
    And... reading the original post, for the record, OP took all battery saving tips and did the opposite (a task killer, not using wi-fi, etc).

I do concede a BB would be easier for him/her to use (and that isn't a jab... different folks for different folks).
    howarmat likes this.
    08-15-11 09:04 AM
    we dont know what QNX for the handhelds is at this point. no one can say it wont maintain a BBOS feel. i would think it will be closer to the feel going on with the PB but that in istself takes some ques from OS 6/7. So we just have to see
    Excactly. Mike
    08-15-11 09:05 AM
    Just like with android 3.0 they did not have it on a smartphone only on there tablet because it wasn't optimized for use on a smartphone. Mike
    But they're still basically the same. Android's upcoming release (Ice Cream Sandwich) takes care of that anyway.
    08-15-11 09:08 AM
    It's really not that difficult. I read in here all the time how BB OS is perfect, and all other platforms suck.
    Of course that is an over-simplification if anyone puts it that way. The more thoughtful posts point out the various strengths and weaknesses and the fact that there is no one platform that has it all.
    mjordan5 likes this.
    08-15-11 09:08 AM
    And... reading the original post, for the record, OP took all battery saving tips and did the opposite (a task killer, not using wi-fi, etc).

I do concede a BB would be easier for him/her to use (and that isn't a jab... different folks for different folks).
    i noticed that too but didnt want to start an argument on why he has less than stellar battery
    08-15-11 09:11 AM
    But they're still basically the same. Android's upcoming release (Ice Cream Sandwich) takes care of that anyway.
    Then if they are bascially the same OS then how come there is not Android smartphone with Honeycomb on it just curious? Mike
    08-15-11 09:13 AM
    Then if they are bascially the same OS then how come there is not Android smartphone with Honeycomb on it just curious? Mike
    I'm talking about the look and feel of it. Again, the next os merges the two anyway.
    08-15-11 09:15 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD