Today went to the office and was handed a new Iphone 4S to replace the standard issue 3GS. This is after our IT evaluated Androids and Apple products. All I can say it's the same phone but a little faster. Siri? Meh...

Our IT refused to even consider BB. I was telling our Director of IT all the great new features of BB10 coming out. Perked up his ear and said he would look at it when the contract was up.

I also asked why not Iphone 5 and he said that after testing they were too buggy. He also talked to the carrier and they are not pushing it anymore. They had to take back 50 from another company and replace them with 4S. Not getting good feed back from the corporate world. The carrier is telling them to wait for Iphone 6 which will fix these problems.

My guess? Apples will become what was Blackberry this past year. They will need to re-invent themselves.
    01-15-13 10:12 PM
    I bet that was a excuse just to get the old stock of the 4s off the shelf. Most bugs that are relevant in the 5 are subject to any phone running ios6. From the 3GS to the 5.

Sent from my game boy color
    01-15-13 10:50 PM
    Apparantly not. Our IT had multiple units they handed out to test for several weeks. Mysterious crashes and other issues. Did not ask for many details.
    01-16-13 05:43 AM
    Saw a report in passing in the Dallas Morning News that Apple had cut their orders for parts in half recently, and their stock had taken a substantial hit, also. That's a big back-off from recent history. And with their recent announcement that their 'next big thing' is color, methinks there are some unpleasant days ahead for them.
    01-16-13 06:42 AM
    I can not understand why anyone would want an iPhone? I have never seen a phone with so many bugs and issues one doesn't know where to begin. For me its the dropped calls which happens so often you would think people would stop using them with the iPhone4 being the worst and iPhone5 being the best of worst for dropped calls. My SIL drops calls 70% of the time easily with her iPhone4 or 4s
    01-16-13 07:57 AM
    Where my Dad works they just switched from the iphone 4 to iphone5. Meh
    01-16-13 08:25 AM
    Had similar conversation with my IT/telemanagement groups. (10,000+ employee company)
    01-16-13 08:39 AM
    I'm surprised you're underwhelmed going from 3GS to 4S. It's a lot faster and the screen is a heck of a lot better...I've always thought the jump from the 3gs to the 4 was a big one in terms of product quality, so 3gs to 4s is not something to be underwhelmed by...
    Last edited by gtpointer; 01-17-13 at 05:40 PM.
    01-16-13 08:44 AM
    I think the problems come from the iphones not being able to run apps fully in the background for a long time, they first only have a few functions active and then they get shut down.

Some corporations have need their own apps to keep running in the background all day. Even older BBs can do this better.
    01-16-13 08:48 AM
    I can not understand why anyone would want an iPhone? I have never seen a phone with so many bugs and issues one doesn't know where to begin. For me its the dropped calls which happens so often you would think people would stop using them with the iPhone4 being the worst and iPhone5 being the best of worst for dropped calls. My SIL drops calls 70% of the time easily with her iPhone4 or 4s
    Seriously?
    Used iPhones from the first version to the 4S...never had any of those issues.

Since the iPhones have steadily had the highest (by far) customer satisfaction ratio in every single study done since 2008, i'll have to assume you're making this up.

For what it's worth, i'm extremely skeptical about the OP's claims too.
    OniBerry and mikeo007 like this.
    01-16-13 09:14 AM
    Sorry but this is completely false. I've had an iPhone 4 for almost 2 years and have had it crash twice and the only time calls drop is when my signal craps out. I never have to reboot and can have as many programs running in the background as I want w/out any issues. I'm most likely switching to the BB10 QWERTY next month with my upgrade but it's simply for the keyboard and the fact that App's aren't a huge issue for me since I mainly text, email and browse the internet on my phone which BB10 will be great at.

A lot of people on this board who like to hate on the iPhone have never given it a chance or used one, they simply let their bias cloud judgment. It's an awesome, stable phone.
    01-16-13 12:27 PM
    I personally do not like BB (outside of the Bold I once had). My wife has a small one - forgot which one. My son HTC one X. I've been with Iphone for the past 4 years so you cant really call me biased. I will not buy a BB10 since my company already pays for my phone. I do have 2 Playbooks which I really like.

However and if any Iphone user is honest with themselves Iphone multi-tasking sucks... WebOS, Androids and soon BB10 will run circle around Iphone for multi tasking. I'm on the road all the time and switching between apps is a big deal for me. To me it's a productivity issue. I want to get stuff done. Screen clarity to play Angry Bird means nothing to me.

Wether you belive my initial comment or not is entirely up to you. I just relayed something third-party. I have no reason to doubt my IT guy since this is what they do for a living and tested both Android & Iphones (4 & 5) and ended up with Iphones anyway.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    01-16-13 01:35 PM
    However and if any Iphone user is honest with themselves Iphone multi-tasking sucks... WebOS, Androids and soon BB10 will run circle around Iphone for multi tasking. I'm on the road all the time and switching between apps is a big deal for me. To me it's a productivity issue. I want to get stuff done. Screen clarity to play Angry Bird means nothing to me.
    The way some of you talk, one would think double tapping on a big round button is such a big chore . Multitasking on iOS is not as elegantly handled as on WebOS or BB10, but it doesn't really 'suck'.
    As far as 'productivity' is concerned, screen clarity (and size) to read my powerpoint slides on my phone is very much appreciated, thank you. It's a productivity issue

Still stuck with the 'Angry Birds' jibe? Please, remember this is 2013
    anon(73368) likes this.
    01-17-13 12:37 AM
    I'm surprised you're underwhelmed going from 3GS to 4S. It's a lot faster and the screen is a **** of a lot better...I've always thought the jump from the 3gs to the 4 was a big one in terms of product quality, so 3gs to 4s is not something to be underwhelmed by...
    IIRC, Battery is way better too. I tried out a 3GS (or might have been a 3G) when they were new and the damn thing barely made it till 1:00 PM. The 4S goes a lot longer
    01-17-13 12:32 PM
    Sorry but this is completely false. I've had an iPhone 4 for almost 2 years and have had it crash twice
    I've had my 4S for 6 months and had the whole thing freeze maybe 3 times. Certainly way less than the 9900 before it. I've had apps crash a lot though or freeze. App Store was hanging quite a bit for a while there. Same with Facebook and Safari from time to time. Email too. Whoever made Apple's podcast app ought to be beaten senseless. :-)

I never have to reboot
    I actually do quite a bit, but in one specific circumstance. It flakes out constantly when plugged into my stereo or my car. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it starts working, then becomes an "unsupported device" for no good reason. Only a reboot will fix.
    01-17-13 12:36 PM
    Compared to the 3 the 4s is leaps and bounds a better "device".

But kudos to you OP for making a push for BB10 in your workplace!
    01-17-13 12:45 PM