I am an owner of the z10 and I'm definitely satisfied with the device for MY needs. But by no means is it superior IMO to the phones in the same price range (HTC ONE, IP5, S4). So blackberry needs to come out with something huge to win over consumers immediately. The time frame is getting smaller and smaller. No more excuses of "this is a new OS" etc. The last big announcement from blackberry was bbm going cross platform. And even though this is something that had to be done it is debatable that it is a bigger announcement for apple and samsung. In addition with ios7 actually adding certain things (multi tasking) to the iphone now there are becoming less and less reasons for users to switch back to blackberry. So come on Heins and blackberry show us the next big thing. No more interviews saying "ios is dated" and "talking about the death of tablets". Let's see what blackberry is bringing to the table. And how about MARKETING the few things blackberry has bought to the table. I laughed yesterday when threads were crying that apple stole from bb10 (which isn't even true). Blackberry hasn't even done a good job of letting people know the features of bb10. In the US I haven't see one commercial for the Q10. If it wasn't for me wanting one and doing my own research I would know nothing about it.

This is just my opinion but with the new ios7 and android becoming more and more popular time is running out. What is blackberry great at now compared to competition..multitasking? security? media? communication?. I don't know but I know we are losing the app war so we have to bring something that makes blackberry a logical choice for a certain user
    06-11-13 07:19 PM
    I've finally seen TV commercials for the q10.
    They are exactly the same as the commercials for the z10 and as such instantly forgettable.
    Whoever is in charge if marketing needs a kick up the backside. They are losing the plot

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 07:22 PM
    I've finally seen TV commercials for the q10.
    They are exactly the same as the commercials for the z10 and as such instantly forgettable.
    Whoever is in charge if marketing needs a kick up the backside. They are losing the plot

Posted via CB10
    Seriously...It's unbelievable how bad the marketing has been for bb10
    h20work and Unbiased Tech like this.
    06-11-13 07:37 PM
    I'm disappointed with the marketing too, but I think they have gotten one thing right in that regard. There might be a reason we haven't seen commercials on TV for BB10 devices. With the advent of tivo, uverse, etc do people even watch commercials on TV anymore? BlackBerry apparently doesn't think so. Instead, they're putting ads in the commercial "breaks" one has to endure while watching content online. I noticed a plethora of BB10 commercials while catching up on HIMYM and BBT on the CBS website. And they were actually showing the devices too! They weren't concept commercials like the keep moving commercial. So the advertising is there, they're just focusing it where one wouldn't necessarily expect it.

I totally agree with needing to innovate though. I'm wondering if their focus is going to be on native functionality and touting things it can do right out of the box, like Link. I'd love to see more along those lines, as well as additional customization options and more interaction among apps. That's already improved nicely on 10.1, and I can't wait to see more, especially as their app portfolio grows.
    06-11-13 08:08 PM
    I'm disappointed with the marketing too, but I think they have gotten one thing right in that regard. There might be a reason we haven't seen commercials on TV for BB10 devices. With the advent of tivo, uverse, etc do people even watch commercials on TV anymore? BlackBerry apparently doesn't think so. Instead, they're putting ads in the commercial "breaks" one has to endure while watching content online. I noticed a plethora of BB10 commercials while catching up on HIMYM and BBT on the CBS website. And they were actually showing the devices too! They weren't concept commercials like the keep moving commercial. So the advertising is there, they're just focusing it where one wouldn't necessarily expect it.

I totally agree with needing to innovate though. I'm wondering if their focus is going to be on native functionality and touting things it can do right out of the box, like Link. I'd love to see more along those lines, as well as additional customization options and more interaction among apps. That's already improved nicely on 10.1, and I can't wait to see more, especially as their app portfolio grows.
    Thanks for commenting. I see what your trying to say as far as commercials but tv commercial are still a major factor. I can only speak for the US and with the nba and nhl playoffs going on not to see one BB10 commercial showing off it's features is horrible. So blackberry wants to rebrand their image...but how do they want consumer to know? People on these forums get upset when people in the the world say how blackberry is still the same ol thing. Well unless blackberry let's people know on a big stage they won't. And I am not talking about elephant legs or rubber ducks.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    06-11-13 08:31 PM
    Thanks for commenting. I see what your trying to say as far as commercials but tv commercial are still a major factor. I can only speak for the US and with the nba and nhl playoffs going on not to see one BB10 commercial showing off it's features is horrible. So blackberry wants to rebrand their image...but how do they want consumer to know? People on these forums get upset when people in the the world say how blackberry is still the same ol thing. Well unless blackberry let's people know on a big stage they won't. And I am not talking about elephant legs or rubber ducks.
    I definitely agree about a missed opportunity not airing commercials during sporting events. So many people watch those while out with friends drinking a few beers. Unless you get up to use the restroom or go smoke or something, you're going to see the commercials. And a BB10 commercial might be a talking point among the group. That would be a great thing to get the buzz going.

During the NCAA tourney I was out with my bestie and the keep moving commercial came on. When I saw it start I said "BlackBerry commercial!" My friend watched for a couple seconds and said "Oh, that's a BlackBerry commercial??" like he had seen the commercial before but not registered that it was a commercial for the Z10. Kind of like the glowing bikes commercial all over again! People knew the commercial, but not what it was supposed to be advertising.
    bb4life21 likes this.
    06-11-13 08:40 PM
    Marketing only goes so far - BB needs to not only be more innovative, they also need more wow factor with what they currently have (aesthetically and conceptually). They also need to be about 10x faster than they currently are. The smallest of things take them WAY too long to release.

Time for outside help. Buyout or partnership is needed or they're done for.
    06-11-13 08:55 PM
    Marketing only goes so far - BB needs to not only be more innovative, they also need more wow factor with what they currently have (aesthetically and conceptually). They also need to be about 10x faster than they currently are. The smallest of things take them WAY too long to release.

Innovation is coming soon, in a few short weeks, by the end of the year.
    06-11-13 09:01 PM
    If they want to do marketing against Apple they need to demonstrate that BlackBerry 10 is superior to ios7. Similar to how Sony took advantage of the sharing games issue with xbox one.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    theRock1975 and Savior4Life like this.
    06-11-13 09:02 PM
    just like that.

06-11-13 09:04 PM
    Why game over? theres seven billion plus people in the world, I'm sure they wont all want itoys or Androids. Google QNX and BE CALM!!
    06-11-13 09:07 PM
    If they want to do marketing against Apple they need to demonstrate that BlackBerry 10 is superior to ios7. Similar to how Sony took advantage of the sharing games issue with xbox one.

I am watching the nba playoffs right now and windows just showed this commercial....Awesome
    06-11-13 09:08 PM

Apple was really good at that with the "I'm a pc and I'm a mac" campaign. If BlackBerry tried to do that, it would be a bloodbath. Their last few attempts haven't been too successful with the "tolls not toys" and the pb having flash. I think they would be better off highlighting their strengths rather than trying to point out flaws in the right competition.
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-11-13 09:09 PM
    Why game over? theres seven billion plus people in the world, I'm sure they wont all want itoys or Androids. Google QNX and BE CALM!!
    There has been 7 billion plus people in the world...and blackberry has 5% percent market share and dropping. So your lame "itoys" name calling to apple users is useless and not helping blackberry
    m1a1mg, JeepBB, cckgz4 and 1 others like this.
    06-11-13 09:10 PM
    I am watching the nba playoffs right now and windows just showed this commercial....Awesome
    Yep same strategy. This is what BlackBerry needs to do.

06-11-13 09:10 PM
    None of that tools not toys bull ****... show off the flow and multitasking, stuff that sets it apart from iOS 6/7

06-11-13 09:12 PM
    Apple was really good at that with the "I'm a pc and I'm a mac" campaign. If BlackBerry tried to do that, it would be a bloodbath. Their last few attempts haven't been too successful with the "tolls not toys" and the pb having flash. I think they would be better off highlighting their strengths rather than trying to point out flaws in the right competition.
    I get what you're trying to say but at the end of the day if this is true....if you're not ready to play with the big boys then no reason to play at all.
    06-11-13 09:12 PM

IBM?????
    06-11-13 09:13 PM
    I get what you're trying to say but at the end of the day if this is true....if you're not ready to play with the big boys then no reason to play at all.
    I guess I'm just not seeing what they could show off that can't be done by Apple. The keyboard on bb10 is arguably the best out there, and they have NFC. The Microsoft commercial is great, and it shows off the live tiles and their office integration. Maybe show off balance?
    I strongly agree that they need more and better quality, and sooner than later.

Rim/bbry marketing has always been horrible, the super bowl add was a massive disappointment.
    06-11-13 09:23 PM
    There's is a ton of stuff to show off. The best comparison would be the keyboard. And for business users balance would be a total hit if advertised properly.

06-11-13 09:26 PM
    I just finished posting another comment/reply that pretty much mirrors what you've stated. Blackberry is at the brink of extinction, especially in light of the new iOS7 and their dumb idea of making BBM available to Apple & Android. Their tumbstone may as well read, death by suicide.
    06-11-13 09:29 PM
    There's is a ton of stuff to show off. The best comparison would be the keyboard. And for business users balance would be a total hit if advertised properly.

Other than the 2 examples I gave, what makes up the tons of stuff?
    Saiga likes this.
    06-11-13 09:32 PM

I don't know man. The things my z10 does well is at best on par with the top phones out there. That's why the innovation has to happen now. I guess they have the aristo to make it right. But this might be last chance...if the writing is not on the wall already
    06-11-13 09:39 PM
    Other than the 2 examples I gave, what makes up the tons of stuff?
    Live tiles? Hub? Flow between apps? You can't show everything in one commercial anyway.

06-11-13 09:41 PM
    I am an owner of the z10 and I'm definitely satisfied with the device for MY needs. But by no means is it superior IMO to the phones in the same price range (HTC ONE, IP5, S4). So blackberry needs to come out with something huge to win over consumers immediately. The time frame is getting smaller and smaller. No more excuses of "this is a new OS" etc. The last big announcement from blackberry was bbm going cross platform. And even though this is something that had to be done it is debatable that it is a bigger announcement for apple and samsung. In addition with ios7 actually adding certain things (multi tasking) to the iphone now there are becoming less and less reasons for users to switch back to blackberry. So come on Heins and blackberry show us the next big thing. No more interviews saying "ios is dated" and "talking about the death of tablets". Let's see what blackberry is bringing to the table. And how about MARKETING the few things blackberry has bought to the table. I laughed yesterday when threads were crying that apple stole from bb10 (which isn't even true). Blackberry hasn't even done a good job of letting people know the features of bb10. In the US I haven't see one commercial for the Q10. If it wasn't for me wanting one and doing my own research I would know nothing about it.

This is just my opinion but with the new ios7 and android becoming more and more popular time is running out. What is blackberry great at now compared to competition..multitasking? security? media? communication?. I don't know but I know we are losing the app war so we have to bring something that makes blackberry a logical choice for a certain user
    Should we panic?

Sent from the future on my Z10.
    06-11-13 09:46 PM
236 123 ...