"...cave in on carriers’ demands to slash service-access fees..."

There's the important part.

And that is why BIS is dead.

As far as "caving". LOL. BlackBerry was in no position to pressure the carriers on anything. And it's even worse now, as we can see in the case of T-Mobile.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-02-14 01:28 PM
    Probably on CrackBerry. Doubt in public most people know what a "BIS" is or what benefits it brings.
    These days with people streaming audio and video and posting photos the compression offered by BIS would increase data use because these media types are already optimal compressed. Besides BIS data plans never offered the same raw data amount as generic data plans. People want GB data plans. Even professional users complained about attachment size limits for email on previous generations of BlackBerry smartphones.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    03-03-14 06:37 AM
    Send resume to [email protected]
    I quit BlackBerry by the way.
    08-20-14 01:55 AM
    There's the important part.

And that is why BIS is dead.

As far as "caving". LOL. BlackBerry was in no position to pressure the carriers on anything. And it's even worse now, as we can see in the case of T-Mobile.
    BIS is dead because polling your mail every 15 minutes and relying on the NOC sucked.
    08-20-14 10:28 AM
    These days with people streaming audio and video and posting photos the compression offered by BIS would increase data use because these media types are already optimal compressed. Besides BIS data plans never offered the same raw data amount as generic data plans. People want GB data plans. Even professional users complained about attachment size limits for email on previous generations of BlackBerry smartphones.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    Oh,i don't know. When I got my first BlackBerry in 2007, it was a Pearl 8100, and I got an unlimited data plan with it.

Still on that data plan that serves me well on my Z10 today.

But BIS did slow things down greatly. Browsing was dog slow on my 9800 over 3G compared to my wife's iPhone 4 also on 3G.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 10:12 PM
    I wish there was a BlackBerry PlayBook with OS10.3, it would have simply ousted the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 12:01 PM
131 ... 456