With today's announcements BlackBerry is swinging for the fences!
    1. Cheap full touch Z3
    2. Bring back the belt Q20
    3. BES to support legacy BlackBerry devices BES12
    4. secure BBM eBBM
    5. What's next?
    5a PlayBook upgrade to BB10
    5b Android apps officially supported and built in BlackBerry World.

I mean really they have hit most of the current pain point, just fix #5 and all will be good!

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 07:20 AM
    It's Chen's way of bring BlackBerry back from the dead! And into the future!
    02-25-14 07:21 AM
    Are there any photo of Q20?

I need to buy a new phone soon... a bigger screen Q10 would be perfect.

Z30 doesn't have keyboard so it kills the deal.

02-25-14 07:25 AM

Nope

I'm qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry10 device
    02-25-14 07:27 AM
    Seems like the screen will be bigger - I probably will wait for this. Hopefully they will release it soon.

Q20 spec:

The BlackBerry Q20 smartphone will include a generous 3.5” touchscreen, the largest display yet on a QWERTY BlackBerry smartphone, giving you more space for viewing messages, browsing Internet and intranet sites and accessing other apps.

Q10 Spec:

* 3.1" diagonal
    * 1:1 aspect ratio
    p1800nut likes this.
    02-25-14 07:33 AM
    Let the dead walk! Oh yeah the Walking Dead is back in black!

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 07:54 AM
    I look at the Q20 and think, BlackBerry did some market research and belfastdispatcher is the only one who replied.
    Agreed

I'm qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry10 device
    Thunderbuck and Flatman like this.
    02-25-14 07:55 AM

Go for the Z30. I switched from a Bold and I have no regrets. The touchscreen keyboard is awesome!

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and anon(4268859) like this.
    02-25-14 07:56 AM
    I look at the Q20 and think, BlackBerry did some market research and belfastdispatcher is the only one who replied.
    I'm sure that's not the case, though your comment made me laugh out loud! :-)
    eddy_berry and kbz1960 like this.
    02-25-14 07:57 AM
    Woah where did you hear about BB10 being brought to the PlayBook??

Canada BBM channel C001234A4
    02-25-14 08:03 AM
    Woah where did you hear about BB10 being brought to the PlayBook??

Canada BBM channel C001234A4
    Read again..I said IF they did #5 then everything would be fixed. It is just an outstanding issue that people complain about.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    02-25-14 08:07 AM
    No BD wants an upgraded BIS BBOS phone.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-25-14 08:13 AM
    No disrespect to Chen but give Thor credit when credit is due. These were all green-lighted under his watch.
    02-25-14 08:39 AM
    you are so wrong the z3 didnt get green lighted by thorsten they didnt even have a deal with foxconn yet. The green light on the q20 wasnt a thorsten deal either as it just got approved after market research was done. So basically none of what you mention here is right.
    schwarze Pest likes this.
    02-25-14 08:59 AM
    They need to.stop making new.phones... and make a z10 powerful version. as powerful as the Samsung galaxy S5 or iPhone 5s... they still need to fix that

Posted via CB10
    haringfish, Flatman, CDM76 and 1 others like this.
    02-25-14 09:06 AM
    They need to.stop making new.phones... and make a z10 powerful version. as powerful as the Samsung galaxy S5 or iPhone 5s... they still need to fix that

Posted via CB10
    Send resume to [email protected]
    02-25-14 09:15 AM
    It's called the Z30.
    The Z30 isn't even close bud, they need to sit down and really go to town on the 30 and make it a competitor in today's market. Sure dabble in the past all they want but please BBRY don't forget what the real mass public wants. Give us a phone with specs that are equal or better than anyone else's !!

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    02-25-14 09:45 AM
    Relax. Z30 is up there with those devices in my opinion. Go out there and use one to see for yourself. The mass public just looks at specs and thinks the higher the number the better. BB10, like iOS and Windows Phone, is optimized pretty well that it doesn't need ridiculous specs in order for it to run well.

The Z30 isn't even close bud, they need to sit down and really go to town on the 30 and make it a competitor in today's market. Sure dabble in the past all they want but please BBRY don't forget what the real mass public wants. Give us a phone with specs that are equal or better than anyone else's !!

Omnitech likes this.
    02-25-14 09:55 AM
    Relax. Z30 is up there with those devices in my opinion. Go out there and use one to see for yourself. The mass public just looks at specs and thinks the higher the number the better. BB10, like iOS and Windows Phone, is optimized pretty well that it doesn't need ridiculous specs in order for it to run well.
    I own the Z30, got it right after the release....upgraded from the Z10 which I got the day it released as well. Spec wise the 30 is the last kid on the block compared to what everyone is releasing. Don't get me wrong as I love this phone, it does everything I want but when you compare the sticker sheet to others.... We are lagging. I am glad BBRY is opening more options to others but I hope they don't lose focus on what a great device they have here with the 10 series touch screens !

02-25-14 10:18 AM

I guess you are not hearing what Chen is saying. He is saying that BlackBerry is out of the consumer high end tech spec market. High end is for enterprise not the mass consumer market. The company is in a fight for its very existence and taking on high end consumer focused competitors will spell the end of the company. So you can forget about a huge investment in high end specs for consumers, at least for the time being. I guess that might change if the company turns around, which is far from certain.

For the time being, I'm looking at the software improvements that can be made to make my Z10 better. And I hope that in a year from now BlackBerry will be out to win over more of the high end device crowd. Listening to Chen, I am not holding my breath.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    02-25-14 10:34 AM
    No disrespect to Chen but give Thor credit when credit is due. These were all green-lighted under his watch.
    Thor deserves no credit whatsoever.
    tryfe and sylvaing like this.
    02-25-14 10:51 AM
    Read again..I said IF they did #5 then everything would be fixed. It is just an outstanding issue that people complain about.
    I'd love it, though I'm confident that the CrackBerry community could skillfully find another something to complain about. ;-)
    Omnitech likes this.
    02-25-14 10:52 AM
    Thor deserves no credit whatsoever.
    Sure he does. He brought BlackBerry 10 to market when people expected the company not to last that long and he got rid of a lot of longtime culprits like CIO and the head of legal.
    web99, Omnitech, CDM76 and 4 others like this.
    02-25-14 10:53 AM
    I was expecting a Blackberry Blend announcement..

Non of these announcements are worth while to average person.

People who want trackpads in such a minority unless they put it into the space bar which would be cool and/or the "multi-function" keyboard. But the rest of the "Belt" is useless on BB10 it's all just 1 swipe away..

If they use BBOS7 devices selling better then BB10 that is because it's dirt cheap and probably the most simple OS to use. BIS+50-100mb data =golden. That is a terrible argument.

The only good announcement is was here today was the BES. It's a step forward to get everyone on the most current BES with an upgrade.

Z3 is awesome too but will not help first world countries perspective of Blackberry and BlackBerry will continue to sink. BBOS7 will continue to sell better because of compressed data, less then 200$, easy OS; in third world countries.

They need some innovative ideas. Look at sonys show that was amazing. Even Samsungs was pretty brutal.
    It's taking Blackberry to long to turn ideas into a product which is why blackberry is falling behind in the first place.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by khehl; 02-25-14 at 11:03 AM.
    02-25-14 10:53 AM
    I guess you are not hearing what Chen is saying. He is saying that BlackBerry is out of the consumer high end tech spec market. High end is for enterprise not the mass consumer market. The company is in a fight for its very existence and taking on high end consumer focused competitors will spell the end of the company. So you can forget about a huge investment in high end specs for consumers, at least for the time being. I guess that might change if the company turns around, which is far from certain.

For the time being, I'm looking at the software improvements that can be made to make my Z10 better. And I hope that in a year from now BlackBerry will be out to win over more of the high end device crowd. Listening to Chen, I am not holding my breath.
    Well his crystal ball might have some smudges on it because focusing on the just business with a less than par device might not be the way either. In downtown Calgary, Alberta's oil Capitol it's more and more BYOD and with younger and younger people advancing in higher positions .... They focus on business but also use their phones for a lot more now than the "older" generation did before them.
    It is just like them stepping back with the "belt" devices, they were great in their time and the improvements today would have been great 5 years ago..... Today it's keep up or get out, sure the dinosaurs on here rejoice over the track pad return but in reality ... People want ease of use, new technology , and to be able to keep up or ahead of the Jones's.

Flatman likes this.
    02-25-14 10:58 AM
131 123 ...