I think we have finally entered the new era for BlackBerry with both our feet in the door. The new era is when BlackBerry runs on Android, as compared to the previous era of BlackBerry OS 10.

BlackBerry released Priv, which was the first ever BlackBerry phone to run on Android and has both keyboard and a touch screen, leading previous BlackBerry OS 10 users with phones such as Z10, Z30, Leap, etc. towards the new era.

... and then BlackBerry released the DTEK series with full touch screen further replacing and guiding previous full touch BBOS 10 phone users (especially those who enjoy the BlackBerry VKB a lot and no longer need the PKB) into the BlackBerry Android era.

Now BlackBerry is releasing the KEYone. It think this is going to be the last puzzle completing the whole picture. The KEYone is the device perfect for those die-hard PKB BlackBerry users who have been holding onto their BBOS 10 phones such as Q10, Q5, Classic, or even the legacy phones such as the Bold series running even older operating system. KEYone is the phone that will bridge the gap that Q10, Q5, or Classic were not able to do so. Even with the release of Q series or even Classic, so many BlackBerry users are still holding onto their previous PKB phones, and now it is crystal clear that Android is the future for BlackBerry, KEYone is the perfect phone for all Q series, Classic, Bold series or other legacy PKB BlackBerry users, because it has the most important thing we all love about BlackBerry, the physical keyboard, and also the Android system, solving the app gap issues that BBOS 10 was unable to solve, and the modern specs catering to the needs of us today and for the future to come. I think KEYone has completed the line-up of the new era for BlackBerry, and everyone go buy it in April!

Posted via CB10
    03-05-17 04:08 AM
    I think we have finally entered the new era for BlackBerry with both our feet in the door. The new era is when BlackBerry runs on Android, as compared to the previous era of BlackBerry OS 10.

BlackBerry released Priv, which was the first ever BlackBerry phone to run on Android and has both keyboard and a touch screen, leading previous BlackBerry OS 10 users with phones such as Z10, Z30, Leap, etc. towards the new era.

... and then BlackBerry released the DTEK series with full touch screen further replacing and guiding previous full touch BBOS 10 phone users (especially those who enjoy the BlackBerry VKB a lot and no longer need the PKB) into the BlackBerry Android era.

Now BlackBerry is releasing the KEYone. It think this is going to be the last puzzle completing the whole picture. The KEYone is the device perfect for those die-hard PKB BlackBerry users who have been holding onto their BBOS 10 phones such as Q10, Q5, Classic, or even the legacy phones such as the Bold series running even older operating system. KEYone is the phone that will bridge the gap that Q10, Q5, or Classic were not able to do so. Even with the release of Q series or even Classic, so many BlackBerry users are still holding onto their previous PKB phones, and now it is crystal clear that Android is the future for BlackBerry, KEYone is the perfect phone for all Q series, Classic, Bold series or other legacy PKB BlackBerry users, because it has the most important thing we all love about BlackBerry, the physical keyboard, and also the Android system, solving the app gap issues that BBOS 10 was unable to solve, and the modern specs catering to the needs of us today and for the future to come. I think KEYone has completed the line-up of the new era for BlackBerry, and everyone go buy it in April!

Posted via CB10
    I wish it ran a custom version of iOS with swipe gestures and plenty of BBRY modifications... ;-D

Until Google pay$ for my lunch and cook$ dinner for me, I'm having a hard time warming up to them...

•   THISone, with the keys, hopefully coming soon to a phone store down unda... :-D   •
    03-05-17 04:33 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's funny since I have an android phone but don't use much apps, in fact besides the YouTube app, androids version of BBM is the most used app on my device. As a fan of blackberry I'm looking forward to the KeyOne bc of it pkb but the Android part not so much. I agree though that this is the new blackberry "era". Im just glad that there are still blackberry devices being made
    03-05-17 06:45 PM
    Can't wait to get my hands on the keyone it looks to be a great device.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-17 07:15 PM
    I have always wanted a Classic/Bold form factor with Google Play and the goodness of BlackBerry 's Priv/Passport PKB. So, I am definitely stoked for the K1 and buying one. Just not sure what to do about my awesome Priv. I use the PKB so much that my slider is always out.
    anon(9710735) likes this.
    03-05-17 10:51 PM
    I have always wanted a Classic/Bold form factor with Google Play and the goodness of BlackBerry 's Priv/Passport PKB. So, I am definitely stoked for the K1 and buying one. Just not sure what to do about my awesome Priv. I use the PKB so much that my slider is always out.
    Then may I ask what you think about the Priv PKB? I just saw in another thread someone claiming most Priv owners hate the PKB and end up using the VKB only. What's your take on this?

Posted via CB10
    2cats1dog likes this.
    03-06-17 03:37 AM
    Then may I ask what you think about the Priv PKB? I just saw in another thread someone claiming most Priv owners hate the PKB and end up using the VKB only. What's your take on this?

Posted via CB10
    I have had BlackBerry PKB devices since the Curve 8320 and what I have found is you have to adjust to each one individually. Take time to just use that keyboard exclusively and give it two weeks to feel normal. My fave PKB was the Classic. I hated the Q10. I prefer the Priv's PKB to the Torch. I find the keyboard on the Priv to be wide enough apart, easy the to travel on and have been able to type on it fast and accurately. I have the newer Priv build so it is not squishy at all either as some have claimed.
    anon(9710735) likes this.
    03-06-17 08:37 AM
    I have had BlackBerry PKB devices since the Curve 8320 and what I have found is you have to adjust to each one individually. Take time to just use that keyboard exclusively and give it two weeks to feel normal. My fave PKB was the Classic. I hated the Q10. I prefer the Priv's PKB to the Torch. I find the keyboard on the Priv to be wide enough apart, easy the to travel on and have been able to type on it fast and accurately. I have the newer Priv build so it is not squishy at all either as some have claimed.
    Good to know. Thanks for your reply.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-17 09:16 AM