I go to the third largest university (college) in my state, work at Walmart and I must say I've only seen 1 actual iPhone 6 (+) so far. Seems people aren't upgrading as much or maybe it's just me.

When the iPhone 5/s launched last year I was seeing it everywhere. I still see way too many people with 4s these days.

No this is just an observation not a flame bait

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    RafiqK and stevovr like this.
    10-13-14 11:45 PM
    I think you are correct. Smart phones are just not very exciting any more. The major issue seems to be when older phones become laggy because they can no longer support the OS upgrade. None of the iPhone 5 owners I know are talking about getting a 6.
    10-13-14 11:54 PM
    I don't know...I don't know if I can say I've seen an overwhelming amount but I've definitely seen quite a bit at school. first day It came out, had a girl come into class showing of the 6+. Many of my friends left iPhone for androids though. I only know two with iPhone and one just left his Z10 for the 6+

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 02:01 AM
    I've seen a few, but when the 5s came out I only saw a few also. However, all these personal stories and anecdotes are useless because it's such a small scope. It's impossible to make a judgment call just on personal observation.
    boeingrules, Rello and donemt like this.
    10-14-14 06:48 AM
    I've seen a few, but when the 5s came out I only saw a few also. However, all these personal stories and anecdotes are useless because it's such a small scope. It's impossible to make a judgment call just on personal observation.
    +1

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 06:50 AM
    I am sure as students go, after Xmas you probably will see an increase of iphone6 devices. However, at a $900.00 price tag, and not much of an upgrade from the 5S we will have to wait.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 07:03 AM
    I am sure as students go, after Xmas you probably will see an increase of iphone6 devices. However, at a $900.00 $649.99 price tag, and not much of an upgrade from the 5S we will have to wait.

Posted via CB10
    FIFY
    10-14-14 07:09 AM
    You probably missed the part where I said it's an observation . I didn't make a declaration and I did admit it was a small scope so idk the point of pointing that out again.

My observation. Mine!

10-14-14 08:58 AM
    No, this isn't a weird thought. I have seen exactly one iPhone 6 and my work involves interaction with schools and universities. It seems to match the rather empty feel of the local iStore.
    I will come out and say it. The iPhone isn't worth it. You have yesterday's OS coupled with no new user experience. Screen size is a nice change but the processor is a bit of a disappointment, along with RAM and storage. The structural build is poor and it looks boring. From 699 to 899, these phones are simply not worth the price.

I will tell what I do see. Lots of S4s and surprisingly Z10s. Thinking about this, it seems to me there is a real market for a 350-400 dollar phone that can deliver a solid experience. People are tired of paying too much.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 08:58 AM
    No, this isn't a weird thought. I have seen exactly one iPhone 6 and my work involves interaction with schools and universities. It seems to match the rather empty feel of the local iStore.
    I will come out and say it. The iPhone isn't worth it. You have yesterday's OS coupled with no new user experience. Screen size is a nice change but the processor is a bit of a disappointment, along with RAM and storage. The structural build is poor and it looks boring. From 699 to 899, these phones are simply not worth the price.

I will tell what I do see. Lots of S4s and surprisingly Z10s. Thinking about this, it seems to me there is a real market for a 350-400 dollar phone that can deliver a solid experience. People are tired of paying too much.

Posted via CB10
    The apple store at My school only ever sell ipad too... and to freshmen who always try to be "prepared" at the beginning of their first semester by buying a tablet.

I know I was like that too but I bought a 2nd hand PlayBook that I ended up not using to take notes in class. It was good for power points but so were regular printouts that were free X,'D my z10 retired my pb to a soccer watching media box for the big screen.

A second issue I remember is when I had my i4 device and they forced ios6.1 on me and the lag got bad and I almost forced myself to upgrade before toughening out and then getting a z10. The iPhone 4s isn't suffering that as much and neither are the 5/s

10-14-14 09:04 AM
    I am sure as students go, after Xmas you probably will see an increase of iphone6 devices. However, at a $900.00 price tag, and not much of an upgrade from the 5S we will have to wait.

Posted via CB10
    That's a huge possibility but I think that's my point. First time I saw an iPhone with 2 cameras, was on a bus to colorado for camp. The guy had pre-ordered the iPhone 4? And everyone on the giant bus was fascinated by it. I know I was jealous. I think that feeling is mostly gone now. The chick I saw with the 6+ brought it to lab the day she got it and was showing to her partner. 0 peep from her or anyone else. Not even a question of how does it fit in your hands

10-14-14 09:40 AM
    You probably missed the part where I said it's an observation . I didn't make a declaration and I did admit it was a small scope so idk the point of pointing that out again.

My observation. Mine!

Cool your jets my friend! I was never saying you were. I was speaking in generally saying how judgments shouldn't be made. Someone's on the aggressive...
    10-14-14 10:23 AM
    Cool your jets my friend! I was never saying you were. I was speaking in generally saying how judgments shouldn't be made. Someone's on the aggressive...
    I thought it was a personal attack. My bad.

ajst222 likes this.
    10-14-14 10:46 AM
    I thought it was a personal attack. My bad.

Wasn't meant as one. Glad a brawl was avoided
    10-14-14 10:57 AM
    Records sales, including 5s.

http://iphone.appleinsider.com/artic...artphone-sales

Posted via CB10
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    10-14-14 11:05 AM
    FIFY
    yeah but that's just the small 16GB version which screams "I could hardly afford an iPhone so I got myself the cheapest" all over it, which almost defeats its purpose for many iPhone users.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 11:40 AM
    I went to the Apple Store on Sunday. They only had 16 gb in stock. You can't find 64 or 128 anywhere right now unless you make it a part-time job...

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 11:44 AM
    yeah but that's just the small 16GB version which screams "I could hardly afford an iPhone so I got myself the cheapest" all over it, which almost defeats its purpose for many iPhone users.

Posted via CB10

But most people just end up getting the 16GB model anyway, so that's the standard
    10-14-14 11:48 AM
    I don't see the significance. So, they don't have lots of room for music and video. It's still the same device...

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 11:51 AM
    It's a hard knock life, 4s

Posted via CB10
    TheScionicMan likes this.
    10-14-14 12:27 PM
    My daughter has a one year old iPhone 5. It is always freezing up on her, the battery is no good, and she has no more memory to install the iO8 update. I know she is only one person, but her perspective is that of an unhappy iPhone customer. The charm of owning an iPhone has worn off. I wonder if she will switch platforms when its time for her to upgrade.
    10-14-14 01:52 PM
    The three people I knew who were immediate line up and buy the new iPhone people all switched to Android phones this summer. I actually have yet to see a 6 in someone's hand. They're either sold out in this area, too expensive, or people just don't feel the need to immediately upgrade anymore.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 01:54 PM
    The three people I knew who were immediate line up and buy the new iPhone people all switched to Android phones this summer. I actually have yet to see a 6 in someone's hand. They're either sold out in this area, too expensive, or people just don't feel the need to immediately upgrade anymore.

Posted via CB10
    The third one is the one I'm seeing mostly. Quite a lot of people content on ios7 and they are scared to update. Personal friends this.

10-14-14 04:11 PM
    My daughter has a one year old iPhone 5. It is always freezing up on her, the battery is no good, and she has no more memory to install the iO8 update. I know she is only one person, but her perspective is that of an unhappy iPhone customer. The charm of owning an iPhone has worn off. I wonder if she will switch platforms when its time for her to upgrade.
    Imo the cool factor has worn off a bit as most things are now software based and subtle.

For example, the 2 cameras, siri, fingerprint scanner,
    Have all been opening lines for commercials before.

Now at work yesterday a commercial at TV was about competition between the 6 and 6+..with the tag line bigger than bigger.

Obviously if that's the reason to upgrade then android instantly become an option

10-14-14 04:14 PM
    FIFY
    Well where is my discount. Canada for a 64 gig and taxes. Just bought one so you better get your facts sorted out.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 05:50 PM
43 12