Please try to follow:

The other day I recieved a text from a random phone number asking who I was. I told them and asked the same, turns out we didn't know each other. That person told me they recieved a picture message from my phone number, I had them send me the picture (it was of a baby) and I had no idea who the baby was and obviously wasn't sent by me. Two minutes later someone from another unknown phone replied "so cute" and sure enough it was a reply to the baby picture sent from my number. Today I got another person who did like the first person and asked who I was because I had sent him a picture message (he didn't have a blackberry so he was unable to see the picture) but the message showed as sent from one of his contracts but with my number.

Ever since this started I have been recieving a generic text from "3020" and it was an email alert (I couldn't access the email or get an address). I have my email set up to my blackberry but haven't gotten any emails that would match up with the texts. I have recieved about 10 of these 'alerts'.

I called AT&T and they had no idea what it could be, so has anyone else ever had this problem or have any idea whats going on? What should I do?

Thanks.
    09-07-09 03:26 PM
    Wow! This is very odd! I've never heard of this ever happening
    09-07-09 03:36 PM
    i would call att and let the know that you are having issues with your number and being harrased and they will change ur number at no charge
    09-07-09 03:41 PM
    I would prefer to not change my number. I originally thought someone had sent a picture from their computer and accidentally typed in my number as the sender. I also wondered if somehow wires/lines got crossed up or something and it was just a temporary screw up.
    09-07-09 03:46 PM
    how long have you had this line?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 03:53 PM
    I've had my number for almost 3 years. I did lose a Blackberry at an airport a year ago but never found it. I asked the AT&T agent if it was possible for someone to be using that phone with my number but he said that wasn't possible.
    09-07-09 04:03 PM
    that is weird then, i was thinking if it was a new number maybe someone else had it at one time. hmmm that is strange.

there are websites where you can text people and put a from phone number... maybe they did that on accident?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 04:40 PM
    Either it is what editionfws said, or someone has frelled caller ID info. You should check with ATT and see what they can do.
    09-07-09 05:41 PM
    Seeing as this was done with no malicious intent, I'd look at it as a simple mistake. I know I've been on a call and heard someone else's conversation before. Could be crossed lines, could be someone typing a wrong "from". Either way, I wouldn't worry too much for now.
    09-07-09 05:48 PM
    Does anyone have a fix foirmthe random sms etc. alerts working /OT working??
    09-08-09 11:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD