I've done some searching and I can't seem to figure out how to fix a problem I'm having with my email. I have two accts. set up- a personal email and work email both through BIS. I'm having a problem with the work email that uses exchange server. Emails send and recieve fine except for one quirky thing- when I reply to an email using the BB, the reply is sent but the ORIGINAL email I'm replying to (without my actual reply) is re-delivered to the BB. It comes as a new email. This duplicate email is not delivered to my outlook or anywhere else except for the BB. Anyone heard of this? Thanks.
    08-12-08 02:26 PM
    I take it you didn't set a rule or filter up, anywhere?

Go to BIS, and add a filter to said account saying to not forward emails that you've sent...
    08-12-08 02:29 PM
    I tried to set up a filter where it blocks emails from me and it did not work. The crazy part is that it says that the email is from the original person that sent it. It is like that original email is sent to me again after I reply to it (and without my reply in it). It's the exact same original email.
    08-12-08 04:11 PM
    Any other suggestions?
    08-13-08 03:25 PM
    BUMP!

I found this in search. I am having the same issue now with a Storm - my first BB. Could this be an issue with my Exchange Host? I set up the account in BIS with the instructions from the host to reach Exchange via POP. Filters do not correct this problem. I assume that since my online settings in BIS say this is an IMAP server, that it somehow "resets" the original message when replying and the original is delivered again.
    01-02-09 11:08 AM
    do you have both the BIS set up AND the email redirector?
    01-02-09 11:17 AM
    No, just BIS. As the OP stated, if you reply to an email (in my case whether it is on the device or in Outlook), you get the original delivered to the device again.
    01-02-09 11:29 AM
    huh... is that a set up issue or a model issue? because mine does not do that. only when i had both set up did it.
    01-02-09 11:31 AM
    I have a feeling it has something to do with my Exchange Host. Might need to try and set it up different. Thanks anyway.
    01-02-09 11:48 AM
    I found this in a search also - I'm having the problem on a Storm.
    02-17-09 03:14 PM
    I am pretty sure it has to do with how IMAP works on Exchange. Check this thread out and see if it helps: Duplicate email problems - BlackBerry Forums

I returned my Storm, so I never tried this.
    02-17-09 03:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD