I noticed in the all OS leaked or official if the radio weak or bad the battery life will be good
    Why...

Any thoughts

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 08:43 PM
    You're totally wrong on that.
    How did you come up to that conclusion. How did you measure it?
    03-22-15 02:49 AM
    I noticed in the all OS leaked or official if the radio weak or bad the battery life will be good
    Why...

Any thoughts

Posted via CB10
    Do you work for CrackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 03:04 AM
    Why...

Any thoughts

Posted via CB10
    Because in fantasy land anything that you want to happen, will happen.
    03-22-15 03:25 AM
    Weak signal is bad for the battery, I know this because I work in a (not spot) and the battery doesn't last 6 hours, at home where the signal is good, the battery will last 10 plus hours.

I have to add, turning off location services also helps.

 Z10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-22-15 03:30 AM
    You're totally wrong on that.
    How did you come up to that conclusion. How did you measure it?
    Weak radio not weak signal

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 08:39 AM
    Weak signal is bad for the battery, I know this because I work in a (not spot) and the battery doesn't last 6 hours, at home where the signal is good, the battery will last 10 plus hours.

I have to add, turning off location services also helps.

 Z10
    Like if you have another radio u will receive better bar signal

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 08:40 AM
    Weak radio not weak signal

Posted via CB10
    WTF is weak radio, not weak signal
    That makes no sense!

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 09:04 AM
    If the radio is weak that means the signal is poor and the phone will keep try to connect to a better tower to provide better signal. That search will eat up you're battery.

Visit my BBM Channel - C000E96F6
    03-22-15 09:07 AM
    Look boys, all we can do is explain this to OP. Unfortunately, we can't learn it for him.

SMDH

Posted via CB10, Mostly from my Passport, occasionally my Z30
    03-22-15 10:38 AM
    If you have a sub standard radio, then you'll more often see a heavier impact on the battery. Simply because every time you step into an area with a lower than optimal signal strength (which happens quite often), the radio will have to negotiate for more power to boost the radio to compensate. A stronger radio, while having a higher baseline consumption just to power the radio on, won't have to negotiate for as much additional power as a weaker radio would when it enters a low signal area, and often won't have to boost anything. Sure, if you have both radios side by side in an area with a signal strength sufficient to operate at their baseline, then the weaker radio can be more efficient. However, that scenario would be quite rare as you move around to different locations with varying signal strengths due to environmental variables (go indoors, drive past a mountain, solar flares, other electronic devices disrupting/degrading the signal, etc..) that will affect signal integrity.
    03-22-15 11:20 AM
    If you have a sub standard radio, then you'll more often see a heavier impact on the battery. Simply because every time you step into an area with a lower than optimal signal strength (which happens quite often), the radio will have to negotiate for more power to boost the radio to compensate. A stronger radio, while having a higher baseline consumption just to power the radio on, won't have to negotiate for as much additional power as a weaker radio would when it enters a low signal area, and often won't have to boost anything. Sure, if you have both radios side by side in an area with a signal strength sufficient to operate at their baseline, then the weaker radio can be more efficient. However, that scenario would be quite rare as you move around to different locations with varying signal strengths due to environmental variables (go indoors, drive past a mountain, solar flares, other electronic devices disrupting/degrading the signal, etc..) that will affect signal integrity.
    Yes, that's a lengthy explanation.
    Weak radio is simply a radio that doesn't pump out full strength if it's not required, therefore saving energy.

Makes sense to me. :-)

But does that negotiation thing really consume that much extra? I know turning the lights on (in your room) is like having them on for ten minutes, I've been told (or is it an old wife's tale?)

�   Passposted while waiting for the Zzzzzlider....   �
    03-22-15 04:34 PM