It is not. Maybe with some better hardware we would have a easier time figuring it out.

****, some Torch owners are claiming the Torch has better video playback quality than the iPhone 4 (no mention of Android device), and that is straight bull****.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

08-28-10 08:08 PM
    Well, the Torch now has some improved media and it is up there now with all the iphones and android devices but OS 6 is still based on business or corporate users with a consumer base and let's accept it, BB is doing well in fixing stuff and bringing it to par with the others.

Last edited by jezreel; 08-28-10 at 08:15 PM.
    08-28-10 08:13 PM
    Well, the Torch now has some improved media and it is up there now with all the iphones and android devices but OS 6 is still based on business or corporate users with a consumer base and let's accept it, BB is doing well in fixing stuff and bringing it to par with the others.

"OS 6 is still based on business or corporate users with a consumer base"

That makes no sense? How does it have a consumer base when it is already based on business/corporate users? You mean it is business/corporate based, with features added to accomodate consumers.

BB is bringing their stuff up to "par", sure. But the browser is by no means better. Most tests I have seen, the pages load dead last on the Torch every time. That may just be a hardware issue though.
    08-28-10 08:19 PM
    The webkit it is a big of a deal! Just like it was a big deal for the iphone to have multi tasking or android to have bluetooth connection capabilities. So if you ask me it is a great deal !

08-28-10 08:20 PM
    The webkit it is a big of a deal! Just like it was a big deal for the iphone to have multi tasking or android to have bluetooth connection capabilities. So if you ask me it is a great deal !

Everyone agrees on this pretty much. It is definitely a big improvement over the browser in OS5 and lower.
    08-28-10 08:33 PM
    Webkit browser should be faster for sure. We shall see.
    08-28-10 09:11 PM
    I agree! the web browser is wonderful! just a faster processor and we will be straight. The only reason the web kit takes a bit longer rendering the pages unlike the android or iphone is that the web kit has to go through blackberry servers (bis/bes) unlike the android or iphone that renders it straight to the page without the extra added step. that should be taken into consideration also.
    08-29-10 07:56 AM
    I agree with you on that!
    08-29-10 08:00 AM
    yes! to be truthful, I do not have a problem with the browser per se but for sure it needs improvement. My blackberry does the same on wifi and 3 G so i do not have complains but improvement is due!
    08-29-10 08:04 AM
    You are so right ! it comes down to your hierarchy of needs. hey Paris Hilton is rocking a Torch!!!
    08-29-10 08:07 AM
    everyone is using 1 ghertz processor so I do not why RIM could not do the jump but I feel that they will.
    08-29-10 08:10 AM
    without you becoming so defensive about it ! We already agreed that other devices have their strength but for me who have tried other devices if I were to use android or apples phone my need for them would be 20% of the time vs 80% of the time that I would use my berry for communication in what blackberry excels in and that is undeniable ! We all can agree and I am saying likethe guys from the crackberry podcast said it too. So if you enjoy media then without a doubt android and apple excel in those areas for sure.
    08-29-10 08:18 AM
    yes! I agree with that. Always remember, the blackberry browser(webkit) has to go an extra step before rendering on the page . It goes first to RIM's servers because of bis or bes and then to our phones! not so with the others that just render directly.
    We should never forget that either.
    08-29-10 08:28 AM
    WTF? You have 7 posts in a row. None of which have a quote in response to someone. This just got messy.
    Last edited by avt123; 08-29-10 at 11:50 AM.
    08-29-10 11:47 AM
    WTF? You have 7 posts in a row. Noe of which have a quote in response to someone. This just got messy.
    Yeah no kidding. I don't feel like playing detective just to figure out who he was responding too. Try the quote feature jezreel, and combing thoughts into a single post.
    08-29-10 11:50 AM
    Yeah no kidding. I don't feel like playing detective just to figure out who he was responding too. Try the quote feature jezreel, and combing thoughts into a single post.
    Lol. Yea I saw everything and just got confused. Maybe I just need more coffee...
    08-29-10 11:52 AM
    Lol who was he talking to

08-29-10 01:59 PM
    Lol who was he talking to

Lol. Your guess is as good as mine.
    08-29-10 02:02 PM
    Bolt is fast, just like webkit. It's thin lol

08-29-10 07:37 PM
    Sorry guys!
    08-30-10 12:56 AM
    Is the webkit browser really that big of an improvement from the old browser and does it have flash ?

Sorry guys
    08-30-10 12:59 AM
    The Torch browser is fine. I didn't see any problem with it when I played around with it. Its slower than the iphone and android because the device is underpowered. For all of you who would like to see full flash support on your Torch, I would say think again. The processor won't be able to handle it. It will cripple the phone. I think the browser is fine the way it is. Albeit, I thought the browser was fine before if you just liked browsing mobile sites which is what I do now with my EVO.

08-30-10 02:30 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD