How come some web sites I go to on my blackberry I can only look at them and I cant click on anything there. Is there a fix or something I can download to be able to look these pages.

Jamie
    10-14-08 10:10 AM
    Depends on how the site is coded. The code they use for the links makes a major difference (html, javascript, dynamic links, etc). You can change the settings on your Curve to scroll around with a mouse pointer. You can click on most links with that.
    10-14-08 10:13 AM
    Try clearing your cache (While in Browser: MENU-OPTIONS-CACHE OPERATIONS-CLEAR HISTORY).

Try a battey pull.

Basic Web Browsing:

Click on the Globe Icon to launch the browser.

You can visit mobile sites (WAP) that are sites made for mobile phones. These will load and navigate much faster than full web sites.

A lot of sites have mobile sites as well! Here's a few links to get you started:

Mobile Websites - Cantoni.mobi

If you know the address of the site you want to visit click the menu button, then GO TO. From there you can type in any address www or wap. Some full sites may load slower. Try typing: wap.crackberry.com

Make sure your browser is configured properly. While in browser:

Options
    Browser Configuration

Make sure all the boxes are checked. The emulation mode is set to Blackberry.
    Content mode set to WML & HTML.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 10-14-08 at 10:16 AM.
    10-14-08 10:13 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry Jamie.

Press Menu and choose Select Mode. The default is View Mode.
    10-14-08 10:16 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry Jamie.

Press Menu and choose Select Mode. The default is View Mode.
    That is corrrect, however, to be able to click on clickable links the mode needs to be set on view mode.

In Select mode you can copy and paste and select pictues to save. but you cannot click on links in this mode.
    10-14-08 10:19 AM
    Thanks Cristy, that is something had not noticed in the limited number of times I have used it.
    10-14-08 10:22 AM
    On some web sites that require log in, i can log in and on the next page I cant click on anything.
    10-14-08 10:32 AM
    On some web sites that require log in, i can log in and on the next page I cant click on anything.
    Are these Mobile (WAP) sites or regular (WWW) sites you are referring to? there are some sites that my blackberry browser cannot handle and i need to use the Opera Mini browser to navigate them.

Opera Mini OTA Download: http://mini.opera.com/mini.jad?cert=...ion=hifi&rel=4

Perhaps it has something to do with your security settings/firewall. but i don't know too much about those. hopefully someone will come along shortly and discuss that (Reed)?
    10-14-08 10:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD