Problem is the Passport is designed as a productivity powerhouse. I think that putting Android of any flavour would be a step backwards.

I'm always noticing how al my Android and iOS buddies are such slaves to their devices, and with my Passport I'm on and right back off it again doing all the same things...the things that people do most of the time on their smart phones...

Posted on my Powerful Passport
    Tap, tap, tap, home, tap, back, tap, tap, home...

Flick, swipe, click is more to my liking... ;-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    05-18-16 09:31 PM
    this woulda been highly wanted quite some time ago but slider beats the design for me and thats why priv is my device
    05-18-16 11:56 PM
    Now I think if they make android passport, it would be an ultimate phone!

Posted via CB10
    05-20-16 02:31 PM
    We should start a petition for BlackBerry to make Android Passport!!-passport_cavity.jpg

The only good-thing about this idea is to promote the Passport. But the all IT programmers agrees there is zero security on android. It's design to gather your information for anyone who needs it.
    05-20-16 03:00 PM
    I'm always noticing how al my Android and iOS buddies are such slaves to their devices
    Remind me again where the term "crackberry" came from? I'm pretty sure it was people who observed that people with BB phones seemed to be "slaves to their devices." That's something that BB people used to be proud of... LOL.
    TgeekB, Ronindan, JeepBB and 3 others like this.
    05-20-16 08:50 PM
    But the all IT programmers agrees there is zero security on android. It's design to gather your information for anyone who needs it.
    So, since I've been using Android for 6+ years, that must mean everyone has all my data, right?

Hmm....

I get no spam emails, no junk mail, no phone calls, my money is still in my bank account, etc. etc. "Everyone" must be really, really lazy...
    cribble2k likes this.
    05-20-16 08:52 PM
    So, since I've been using Android for 6+ years, that must mean everyone has all my data, right?

Hmm....

I get no spam emails, no junk mail, no phone calls, my money is still in my bank account, etc. etc. "Everyone" must be really, really lazy...
    Sorry I didn't make myself clear, I'm not talking about the criminal element specifically.

Your phone service provider can read all the text you have send, Your government can scan your phone content to find any criminal element, Google can monitor all your nexus activities to sell or to use and I'm pretty sure that there are other things that some programmer can tell us about.

I'm glad that you like your phone and that you didn't have anything bad happened to you.
    I'm just expressing my choice base on what I want in a phone.

Be Smart - Be Bold - Be True
    05-21-16 05:08 AM

Your phone service provider can read all the text you have send, Your government can scan your phone content to find any criminal element, Google can monitor all your nexus activities to sell or to use and I'm pretty sure that there are other things that some programmer can tell us about.

And they can do the same thing to you on your Blackberry.
    05-21-16 06:08 AM
    And they can do the same thing to you on your Blackberry.
    Exactly...
    blckberry4life and Ronindan like this.
    05-21-16 06:27 AM
    Remind me again where the term "crackberry" came from? I'm pretty sure it was people who observed that people with BB phones seemed to be "slaves to their devices." That's something that BB people used to be proud of... LOL.
    Oh how quickly we forget!
    05-21-16 07:08 AM
    Sorry I didn't make myself clear, I'm not talking about the criminal element specifically.

I'm glad that you like your phone and that you didn't have anything bad happened to you.
    I'm just expressing my choice base on what I want in a phone.

I think you better reassess the situation. Take off your tinfoil hat first, it will help you think.
    Ronindan likes this.
    05-21-16 07:10 AM
    I think you better reassess the situation. Take off your tinfoil hat first, it will help you think.
    or maybe - he better stop believing BB marketing.
    05-21-16 09:10 AM
    I'm pretty sure most of the armchair CEOs here have the aptitude of a crackhead anyway.
    05-21-16 09:16 AM
    ...sorry what I meant by 'slaves' was that they (iOS/Android) users are typically glued from dusk till dawn and really not achieving as much as the hours would suggest.

The 'Crackberry' types were more (at least the ones I know and am myself) always have it with them...but still can set it down and getting what needs to be done, done....you know come up for air here and there without the loss of productivity.

05-21-16 11:09 AM
    ...sorry what I meant by 'slaves' was that they (iOS/Android) users are typically glued from dusk till dawn and really not achieving as much as the hours would suggest.

The 'Crackberry' types were more (at least the ones I know and am myself) always have it with them...but still can set it down and getting what needs to be done, done....you know come up for air here and there without the loss of productivity.

lol such bull. The majority of the smartphone being used in the workforce for the last 6 years are none bb smartphones and yet people are still productive. It is bad enough that bb's marketing is atrocious. But to believe "the tools not toys" mantra is just downright ridiculous.

only in crackberry
    Last edited by Ronindan; 05-21-16 at 04:59 PM.
    TgeekB, DrBoomBotz, JeepBB and 3 others like this.
    05-21-16 11:20 AM
    How can you be productive with sideloading ,patching,wipe ,reload os fix android runtime etc etc... lol
    05-21-16 11:29 AM
    ...I just don't get the whole thing behind Android...people go on and on about how they NEED Google Services...are you sure about that? How did you live life before?

I have no Google Services (save for a Gmail account for junk mail). I have all my email coming through my Passport so all my email is portable. I set up my own cloud service with BlackBerry Link. Blend allows me to bring up everything on a PC etc. etc.

Sure there are a bunch of other services, but all the main ones can be done elsewhere with more efficiency and a LOT more privacy.

I think too many people got suckered by what Google told them what they needed (kind of like with Apple) and now they think there are no other ways.

Sidebar 'rant' over...

05-21-16 11:30 AM
    ...I just don't get the whole thing behind Android...people go on and on about how they NEED Google Services...are you sure about that? How did you live life before?

I have no Google Services (save for a Gmail account for junk mail). I have all my email coming through my Passport so all my email is portable. I set up my own cloud service with BlackBerry Link. Blend allows me to bring up everything on a PC etc. etc.

Sure there are a bunch of other services, but all the main ones can be done elsewhere with more efficiency and a LOT more privacy.

I think too many people got suckered by what Google told them what they needed (kind of like with Apple) and now they think there are no other ways.

Sidebar 'rant' over...

same here I just don't the whole thing behind OS10.... people go on and on about how they need BB services..... How did you live life before.
    05-21-16 11:35 AM
    How can you be productive with sideloading ,patching,wipe ,reload os fix android runtime etc etc... lol
    my favorite are bb fans who keep saying that they hate android but they want android apps.

mind blown.
    Uzi, DrBoomBotz, JeepBB and 1 others like this.
    05-21-16 11:37 AM

What a 100% twisted comment to attempt to (unsuccessfully) back your viewpoint. Take off the binders and be real.
    05-21-16 12:36 PM

Oh dear lord do you honestly think this? This might be the most ridiculous thing I've read on here in a long time.
    cribble2k and StephanieMaks like this.
    05-21-16 01:57 PM
    I'll bring the soup cans if you bring the string! We can make him a "secure" phone!

Passport SE, "The BlockBerry" - Cricket Wireless
    JeepBB likes this.
    05-21-16 02:16 PM
    I'll bring the soup cans if you bring the string! We can make him a "secure" phone!

Passport SE, "The BlockBerry" - Cricket Wireless
    Nah, the Government has a special soup can monitor that can intercept communication along strings. You are not safe!!!
    JeepBB and cribble2k like this.
    05-21-16 04:28 PM
    Nah, the Government has a special soup can monitor that can intercept communication along strings. You are not safe!!!
    illegal string tapping is way more dangerous than illegal wire tapping ;-)
    TgeekB, JeepBB and MikeX74 like this.
    05-21-16 05:04 PM
    I was just thinking we should start a petition for BlackBerry to make a Priv with BB10....who's with me?

Doesn't get Classier then posting from a Classic!
    05-21-16 09:31 PM
67 123